E.P. 2 Work Studies
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Class 1-A in their class room with Aizawa and Io at the front of the class.

Aizawa:"About the hero work studies that are like a more serious version of the internships, where you go to where pro heroes work and help them... We talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers, including the principal, thought you shouldn't do them."

It's silent for a few seconds.

Students:*Surprised yeeling.* "What?!"

Io covers his ears.

Kirishima:"After we had that big meeting about it?"

Denki:*Playing is Ojiro's tail hair.* "But thinking about why we ended up in the dorms, I guess that makes sense...."

Bakugo slams his hands on his desk and stands up.

Bakugo:*Smiling.*"Serves you right!"

Hagakure:*Sweat Drops.* "Just because you probably wouldn't able to participate..."

Aizawa:"But some think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with our current policies, so we came to the decision that first years will only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work study students."

Bakugo starts to get angry. 

Io:"And remember my agency won't be an option this year, due to recent events."

Students start to talk about the agencies they want to go for.

Bakugo:*Angry.* "Damn it!"

Izuku thinks about what Gran Torino told him. 

Later.

The camera opens up to All Might and Io doing some paperwork in the Teachers Lounge and Izuku is standing next to them. Io is drinking from a blood bead.

All Might:"You want us to introduce you to Sir Nighteye for a work study?"

All Might:"You want us to introduce you to Sir Nighteye for a work study?"

Izuku:"Yes! He's the one of the few heroes who has worked under you two!"

Io:'He never was my sidekick, he's only worked with my agency a few times.'

All Might holds up a finger and shushes Izuku.

Midnight:'So energetic...'

Ectoplasm:'I want to go to Karaoke.'

Io puts down the empty blood bead on his desk and takes a drink of coffee.

All Might:"Sir Nighteye, huh? Where did his name come up?" 

Izuku:"I asked Gran Torino."

All Might:"I see...You wanted to get a head start on the work studies, so you called Gran Torino, huh?"

Izuku bows.

Izuku:"Please!"

All Might:"I refuse. I'm not saying that to be mean."

All Might:"There are three reasons: 1

All Might:"There are three reasons: 1. In the meeting yesterday, I opposed the work studies. I think the first years don't necessarily have to start now."

Thirteen:"I agree."

Midnight:"Can't the school just support the kids who want to go?"

All Might:"2. I think you should power-up your Shoot Style before you participate."

Ectoplasm:"I think the kid's working hard, though."

Cementoss:"There's still a of room for improvement before it can be used reliably."

All Might:"3. Sir Nighteye. There are reasons that make it hard for me to talk to him."

Present Mic:"Letting personal feelings get in the way, All Might? SHI - Jo - U! SHI - JO - U! SHI - JO - U!"

All Might looks to Present Mic.

All Might:"Mic, stop that."

Io:"I would Izuku, But I'm really busy."

Izuku then stands up.

Izuku:"All Might..."

All Might looks to Izuku and secretly takes out a flask and pours something into his coffee and he takes a big sip of his coffee.

Izuku:"Kacchan told me not to lose when someone already laid the groundwork for me. My Quirk is similar to yours, All Might. If I'm working for Nighteye, then I think I'll be compared to you."

Izuku bows again.

Izuku:"I need to get many times stronger than everyone else!"

Io sighs and drinks the rest of his coffee.

All Might:"I don't dislike that attitude, but I still can't introduce you. I can't, anyway."

Izuku looks up and sees All Might smiling and Io tilts his head and a Question mark appears. 

Later.

Mirio and Izuku are sitting on a couch across from Io and All Might.

Mirio:"You...are...here! Just kidding! Sorry! I got a little too excited when I heard you two wanted to talk to me, All Might, Io."

Izuku:"Um, I don't really understand what's going on..."

Mirio:"What a coincidence, right? Me neither."

Io:"I have no idea either."

All Might:"Young Togata is currently doing his work study under Nighteye."

Izuku looks to Mirio excitedly.

Izuku:"Is that true, Togata?!"

Mirio:"Yup! I've been with him for a year now!"

Izuku:"Then, when you graduate, you're pretty much guaranteed to be a sidekick, huh?"

Izuku:"Then, when you graduate, you're pretty much guaranteed to be a sidekick, huh?"

Mirio:"As long as Sir doesn't change his mind, right?"

Izuku:"That's so cool!"

All Might:"Getting straight to the point, do you think Young Midoriya can work under Nighteye, Young Togata?"

All Might:"Getting straight to the point, do you think Young Midoriya can work under Nighteye, Young Togata?"

Mirio:"I see, so this is what you two called me out to talk about, right?"

Mirio:"I see, so this is what you two called me out to talk about, right?"

Mirio:"You want me to introduce Midoriya to SIr!"

All Might:"Yeah..."

Mirio:"But why use me as the middleman? Sir would be really happy if you talked to him directly. He's always watching videos of you when he has time."

All Might:"Honestly, I can't really can't face him right now..."

Io:"And I'm busy with hero work."

All Might:"Because in the end, I ended up exactly as he warned..."

Izuku gasps.

All Might:"So anyway, what do you think about Young Midoriya?"

Mirio:"Well...What kind of hero do you want to be?"

Izuku:"What kind...?"

Izuku thinks back when he was a kid.

Izuku:"I want to save everyone with a smile, no matter--"

Izuku starts to think about what his mom said to him back at the police station. 

Izuku:"I want to be strong enough that no one will worry about me. To always win...To save everyone... I want to be... the greatest hero."

Io is slightly surprised but then smiles.

Io is slightly surprised but then smiles

Mirio:"That's a crazy goal..."

Mirio then smiles and gives a thumbs up.

Mirio:"There's no reason for me to refuse, so I'll do it!"

Mirio:"There's no reason for me to refuse, so I'll do it!"

Izuku's eyes widen.

Izuku:"Really?! Thank you so much!"

Mirio:"Yeah! I always thought Sir would like you."

Izuku:"Really?"

Mirio:"I don't know if Sir will agree to it yet, tough."

Izuku:"Even so, thank you so much..."

Io yawns and rubs his eyes.

Later.

In the Class 1-A dorm rooms common area. Denki and Mineta are brushing their teeth and Tokoyami and Kirishima are sitting at a table.

Denki:"A day off, huh?"

Mineta:"We were rushing around with the special training and provisional licensing exam, so I'm glad we can take it easy today..."

Izuku then suddenly runs past.

Izuku:"Morning!"

Mineta  looks to where Izuku ran off.

Mineta:"Take it easy, man..."

Denki:"Those two over there..."

The camera moves and Shows Shoto and Bakugo walking outside.

Denki:"Have their provisional license training course on the weekend, huh?"

The camera moves outside to Shoto and Bakugo.

Shoto:"You should be thankful to the teachers. Even after you fought with Midoriya at school, they didn't take away your chance to retake the provisional licensing exam."

Bakugo:"Shut up..."

Shoto:"We need to catch up to them as soon as possible."

Bakugo:"I said, shut up! Walk behind me, damn it!"

The camera moves back inside.

Denki:"We're having a study session with Yoa-momo today. You guys wanna come?"

Kirishima:"Sorry, we're busy today, too."

Mineta:"What side dishes should I have today...?"

Denki:"Everyone's got their own lifestyles..."

Later.

Mirio and Izuku are standing outside of Sir Nighteye's agency. 

Mirio:"This is Sir's agency."

Mirio looks to Izuku and he's all tensed up.

Mirio:"Hey, don't be so stiff! It's not good. I didn't get to tell you this before, but Sir's really strict."

Izuku:"i am fully aware! A hero famous for being strict and harsh on himself and others... Even watching him on TV, his sharp gaze through the screen made me shiver."

Mirio:"That's true, too, but Sir has a different side to him than what you see in the press."

Izuku:"Huh?"

Mirio:"If you don't want to be turned away, then before you finish talking to Sir today, you need to make him laugh at least once."

Izuku gets confused.

Izuku:"Wh-What do you mean? Make him laugh?

Mirio enters the building and Izuku follows him.

Mirio:"Despite how he looks, or maybe because of it, Sir really holds humor in high regard."

Izuku and Mirio walk up some spiral stairs.

Mirio:"The most I can do is introduce you to him. Sir's the one who will decide if he'll use you. I wish I could help you, but from here on out, you need to figure out how to make Sir acknowledge you on your own."

izuku:"It's kind of late to ask this, but why are you being so nice to me even though we've just met?"

Mirio:"I don't feel like I'm being that nice, though right?"

They turn a corner and walk down a hall.

Mirio:"You have a crazy goal, and you're trying to turn it into reality. Wanting to do what you can to help those in trouble, is part of the basics of being a hero, right?"

They make it to a door and Mirio points at it.

Mirio:"Now, he's just beyond that door. If you want to become strong, then open it with your own strength!"

Izuku opens the door and enters the room.

Mirio:"I've brought the first year I told you about yesterday!"

Izuku gasps as he sees bubble girl in some sort of machine that's tickling her. 

Izuku:"Just what kind of place is it?!"

Nighteye:"Jeez, see how loud your voice can get?"

Bubble Girl:"Stop...! Please, forgive me...!"

Izuku is confused.

Izuku:"What's going on?!"

Mirio:"It looks like his sidekick, Bubble Girl, couldn't make him laugh."

Sir Nighteye turns and looks at Izuku and Izuku gets nervous. Izuku then brings his head down and he messes with is hair.

And he comes back up with his All Might face.

And he comes back up with his All Might face

Izuku:*Mimicking All Might.*"I'm Izuku Midoriya!"

Mirio starts to panic.

Nighteye:"Are you....ridiculing All Might?"

The camera pans to a view of Nighteye's agency then turns black. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-19-2021

1766 words.

0