E.P. 19 Japanese Hero Billboard Chart
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to outside of U.A. some of the trees leaves are starting to change colors.

Izuku:*Voice Over.* "As November neared its end..."

The camera moves into a room of U.A. Aizawa, Mirio, Tamaki, Nejire, Eri, Io, Ochaco, Kirishima, Tsuyu and Izuku are in the room. Nejire is styling Eri's hair.

Aizawa:"We're going to take care of her here at U.A."

Izuku:"I didn't think I'd be able to see her again so soon for so long!"

Izuku:"I didn't think I'd be able to see her again so soon for so long!"

Kirishima kneels down to Eri.

Ocacho:"Oh, yay, it's Eri!"

Tsuyu:"You remind me of my little sister. Welcome."

Eri:"Thank you."

Izuku:"How did this come about...?"

Aizawa:"She couldn't stay at the hospital forever."

Everyone heads outside, but Eri and Nejire stay inside.

Aizawa:"It looks like Eri was abandoned by her parents. And the head of the Shie Hassaikai, who's related to her by blood, has been in a coma for a long time, so she currently has nowhere to go."

Mirio:"And, you might've already heard from Mr. Aizawa, but the horn that Eri's Quirk is released from..."

Kirishima:"Yes, I heard that it'd gotten smaller and was fine now..."

Mirio:"It's starting to get bigger again slowly."

Ochaco:"Then, in order to keep that from happening again...?"

Aizawa:"That's how it is. So, that's why we're taking care of her instead of sending her to an orphanage."

Io:"So she'll be staying in the teachers' dorm, with me."

Aizawa:"Yeah, it was decided to let Io take care of her since he has experience of taking care of children."

Students:"Huh?"

Io:"Huh, you don't know? I have a kid."

Students:"What?!"

Io:"What I never told you guys."

Izuku:"You've never told anyone."

Ocahco:"I wonder who they are?"

Tsuyu:"Maybe we've met them before."

Io is confused for a few seconds then realizes.

Io:"Oh... That was a secret." *Io laughs nervously.* "Oh, silly me."

Aizawa face palms.

Aizawa:"Getting back on track. We'll see how hse is and help her find a way to live with that great power. There are things we need to check, too... Anyway, we'll take things step by step."

Tsuyu:"That sounds like a lot of work for you two, Mr. Aizawa, Mr. Io."

Mirio:"That's where I come in! I'm on a temporary absence from school, and I'm friends with Eri! I'm sure you've all busy, but stop by and visit sometime."

Work Study Students:"Of course!"

Tamaki puts a hand on Mirio's shoulder.

Tamaki:"If Eri's body and soul become stable, then the resurrection of the invisible man will not be far off."

Mirio:"I hope that's what happens, right?" *He laughs.*

Aizawa:"Sorry to be asking this of you already, third year."

Io:"But can you take care of her when I'm busy? I'm going back to teaching and pretty soon I'll be able to go back to hero work. My injuries are almost fully healed!"

Mirio:"Roger! Let's play Othello!"

Izuku:"Can we join you?"

Aizawa:"Class A, go back to the dorm. You have guests arriving soon.

Later that night at 1-A dorms.

Tokoyami sneezes.

Ochaco:"Sick? Are you okay?"

Tokoyami:"No, I'm in good health. My mucus membrane was just doing its job."

Ochaco:"What're you talking about?"

Denki:"Maybe someone's talking about you! Maybe you've got some fans! Like Yaoyorozu at the school festival!"

Momo:"Will you please not poke fun of it? I'm very grateful."

Ochaco:"Tokoyami's probably had fans for a while already. I mean, you did your work study with Hawks."

Tokoyami:"No, I don't think so. Everything was too fast there."

Suddenly there's a knock on the door.

Tenya:"They're here everyone! Great them!"

The Wild Pussycats and Koda enter.

Mandalay:"Lock on with these sparkling gazes!"

Ragdoll:"We've come to lend a paw and help!!"

Tiger:"Coming out of nowhere..."

Pixie Bob:"Stingingly cute and catlick!"

All Four:"Wild, Wild...Pussycats!"

Tenya:"Pussycats! Long time no see!"

Tenya:"Pussycats! Long time no see!"

Mina and Hagakure run up to Tiger and he hands them a container of food.

Pixie Bob:"You kitties look like you're been doing well!"

Mina thanks Tiger and Her and Hagakure walk away. Tiger looks to Bakugo.

Tiger:"Sorry I couldn't protect you to the end back then."

Bakugo:"Don't keep digging up the past."

Jiro:"We're fine. Right?"

Mina/Ochaco/Hagakure:"Paw pad buns! Paw pad buns!"

Shoji:"Please, come inside."

Mandalay:"Oh, don't worry about us."

Tiger:"We need to go visit Class B, too."

Izuku then notices Koda. He zooms up to Koda and shakes his hand.

Izuku:"Kota! Long time no see! Thanks for your letter! I'll treasure it forever!"

Kota:*Embarrassed.* "Whatever."

Mandalay:"Midoriya, look

Mandalay:"Midoriya, look." *She points at Kota's shoes.*

Kota has a pair of red shoes.

Mandalay:"He chose them himself. He said he definitely wanted red."

Kota freaks out and waves his arms around.

Izuku:"N-No...!"

Izuku:"We match!"

Sato comes over with a tray of tea.

Sato:"But why are you back at U.A.?"

Sato offers Pixie Bob and Ragdoll some tea and Pixie Bob puts her hands up.

Ragdoll:"We came to let you know we're in business again. Then to visit Io and see how he's doing."

Tenya:"You're back in business?"

Momo:"Congratulation!"

Izuku:"Ragdoll, you're working again? I thought your Quirk was stolen, so you were suspending activities--"

Ragdoll raises her arm.

Ragdoll:"It's not back!"

Ragdoll:"I'll be doing office work to support the other three

Ragdoll:"I'll be doing office work to support the other three. Office Lady Cat!"

Pixie Bog:"We received a report from Tartarus, though."

She tells them about how All For One wanted to return Ragdoll's Quirk.

Pixie Bob:"They're still trying to pin down just how many and what kinds of Quirks he's hiding... Currently, not letting him do anything is the only way we can contain him. And Io probably won't even lets us go anywhere near him."

Momo:"Then why are you starting up again at this time?"

mandalay:"This will be announced later, but for the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart, we were ranked 411 for the second half of the year."

Present Mic:"The Japanese Hero Billboard Chart! Based on the total from the number of incidents resolved, contribution to society, and citizen approval rating, the chart ranks active heroes twice a year! In other words, the higher the rank, the more that hero has brought smiles and peace."

Izuku:"Last time, you guys were ranked 32."

Kirishima:"I see! It's because you dropped in the rankings! Do your best!"

Ragdoll:"No, meow!"

Ragdoll:"How are we still in the three digits even though we haven't done any hero work?"

Ragdoll:"How are we still in the three digits even though we haven't done any hero work?"

Tiger:"The approval rating component gave us a boost."

Pixie Bob:"There are people waiting for us."

Ragdoll:"We can't just stand still!"

Kirishima:"Is that how it is? You're so manly, Wild Wild Pussycats!"

Denki:"You're being too loud."

Mina:"Speaking of which, they haven't announced results for the second half of the year yet, huh?"

Tokoyami:"A lot has happened."

Ojiro:"A billboard chart without All Might, huh? I can't wait to see how the rankings ended up."

Suddenly the doors to the dorm bursts opens and they all look to see Io. In a rubber ducky onesie. 

Students:"Ducky

Students:"Ducky."

Io looks around till he sees Ragdoll and he runs over to her. Io and Ragdoll jump around in circles laughing. Mandalay, Tiger and Pixie Bob walk up to Io.

Mandalay:"Io, it's nice to see you."

Io looks over to her and you can see he's also wearing a rubber ducky eye patch.

Students:"More ducks."

Tiger:"How are you Io?"

Io:"I'm amazing. I ran over has soon as I heard you guys were here. I was getting ready for bed."

Pixie Bob:"Nice Onesie."

Io:"Thank you."

Ragdoll jumps on Io's back and points.

Ragdoll:"That way Mr. Duck!"

Io laughs and runs around.

Pixie Bob:"Anytime Ragdoll is around Io, they both act like children."

Later at the Billboard Chart Stadium.

Reporter:"This is the first billboard chart since the Kamino incident, where the Symbol of Peace, All Might, was driven to an early retirement. Everyone understands how important this is! Until today, heroes did not appear on stage for the announcement, but this time is different!"

Everyone understands how important this is! Until today, heroes did not appear on stage for the announcement, but this time is different!"

The stage lights up and the crowd cheers. 

Reporter:"Take a look!"

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number ten! Dropping down one rank from number nine last time, Dragoon Hero: Ryukyu!"

Ryuko stands up and waves as she walks on stage.

Ryuko:"Honestly, I don't think I deserve it this time

Ryuko:"Honestly, I don't think I deserve it this time."

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number nine! He went down, too! But he won't be defeated! Equipped Hero: Yoroi Musha!"

Musha stands up.

Musha:"Outside of the top three, a ranking like this is all erroneous based on the tide of the times."

Musha walks on stage.

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number Eight! A huge leap! A promising hero whose growth won't stop! Kamui Woods!"

* "Number Eight! A huge leap! A promising hero whose growth won't stop! Kamui Woods!"

Kamui:"I'm honored."

Kamui walks on stage.

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number seven! From the orthodox school of manliness, he reliably keeps his ranking! Shield Hero: Crust!"

* "Number seven! From the orthodox school of manliness, he reliably keeps his ranking! Shield Hero: Crust!"

Crust:"I wanted to see you in action more... All Might..!"

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number six! A bunny with a determined spirit has risen in the rankings! Rabbit Hero: Mirko!"

Mirko:"I heard you formed a team? Weakling."

Announcer:*Speakers

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number five! This mysterious ninja's had a huge jump in cases resolved and approval rating! Ninja Hero: Edgeshot!"

Edgeshot:"Be quiet, we're in public."

The camera moves over to Io. He's in hero costume and has Dammerung on his back. He's wearing a purple eyepatch. Stinger is fully out and the spear tip is hanging over his shoulder and he has a hand on it. He's wearing his mask.

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Number four! With a big jump in rankings. The best hero trainer! Revenant Hero: Io!"

Io:"The younger generation of heroes always surprise me."

Announcer:*Speakers.* "Even though he's currently on hiatus, he's still number three! With the number one approval rating for this round, Fiber Hero: Best Jeanist!"

A picture of Jeanist appears on the screen.

Announcer:*Speakers.* "We're all waiting for him to return as soon as possible!"

The camera moves over to Hawks.

Announcer:*Speakers.*"Number two! He does things his own way, but he's fierce! With great momentum, he's reaching the number two spot! Wing Hero: Hawks!"

Hawks:"That's an exaggeration."

Announcer:*Speakers.* "And...!" *The lights turn off and Endeavor walks on stage.* "He's been the temporary number one, but today..." *The lights turn back on.* "..he's really, truly in the number one spot. He's waited a long time! Flame Hero: Endeavor!"

Chairwoman:"We chose to put this kind of event this time because we saw that this was a critical juncture. It's been about three months since All Might's retirement. There are still rumors that we are lacking an icon, but the heroes who will bear the future are right here. --Let us work toward a peaceful society with them."

Hawks whispers to Endeavor.

Hawks:"Who does it feel to be number one?"

Endeavor just looks at Hawks and hawks zips his lips.

Announcer:*Speaker.* "And now, let's have a comment from each person!"

The reporter goes over to Ryuko.

Ryuko:"Thank you very much. But if I could have refused, I would have. There were lives that I should have been able to save but didn't. I will strive to become a hero worthy of the rank I received. "

Crust:"I get you, Ryukyu! The anguish in your heart! The remorse! We must stand tall! You can do it, Ryukyu! Let's do our best!"

Io facepalms.

Ryuko:"Crust, it's not your turn."

Next is Musha.

Musha:"What we must do now is no different."

Then it's Kamui Woods.

Kamui:"I would like to work in a way that does not shame those who have come before me, starting with Edgeshot, who accepted me on his team."

Then Crust and he yells.

Crust:"Oh, why was I not at Kamio on that day?! I'm sorry Io!"

Io waves him off.

Next is Mirko.

Mirko:"For those of you planning evil deeds now-- prepare to be sent flying by me!"

Mirko:"For those of you planning evil deeds now-- prepare to be sent flying by me!"

Next is Edgeshot.

Reporter:"You were fourth in the approval ratings."

Edgeshot:"I am not concerned with numbers. I am grateful for all the support I have received, but I am not doing this for the fame. I believe my job is to bring about peace."

Next is Io.

Io:"Now that All Might's gone, a lot of people have been looking up to all of us. And I'm trying my best to bring about peace the way he did, but I'm getting old. And with a recent nearly fatal injury, made me realise how much stronger villains are becoming." *He puts a hand on his stomach.* So which means I have more work to do in training. So I hope to bring peace as well."

Stainger curls around Io.

Hawks:"Who's gonna be happy listening to that? Stain?"

The stadium goes silent. 

Mirko:"I like you! You're cheeky!

Edgeshot:"As always, you like to rock the boat."

Io:"Not now Hawks."

Hawks just waves Io off.

Hawks:"I'm just bad at controlling myself."

Hawks walks over to the reporter and grabs the mic.

Hawks:"Let's see... If we're just talking approval ratings... Beast Jeanist is number one with the boost he got from being on hiatus."

Hawks starts to fly up.

Hawks:"Second is me, third is Io, fourth is Edgeshot and filth is Endeavor. I'll skip the rest. I think approval rating is the most important number right now, though."

Hawks:"Is this really the time to be dragging out the past? You don't think we need to change how we do things? The Symbol is gone

Hawks:"Is this really the time to be dragging out the past? You don't think we need to change how we do things? The Symbol is gone. At this 'critical juncture,' why are those less accomplished than me playing it safe? Say something that sounds more hero-like."

Present Mic:"Hawks, age 22. He made it to the top three in the last ranking. He started his own agency at 18, and by the second half of that year, he was already in the top ten. He was the first in history to make it to the top ten before age 20! The fastest and the youngest! People say that he's 'too fast.'"

Hawks:"That's all from me."

Hawks flies to Endeavor and hands him the mic.

Hawks:"Now, go ahead, number one hero with a lower approval rating than me."

Endeavor grabs the mic

Endeavor grabs the mic.

Endeavor:"Just watch me."

Hawks starts to clap and Io raises an eyebrow

Hawks starts to clap and Io raises an eyebrow. 

Later.

Endeavor and Hawks are sitting at a table in restaurant. They are near the top floor. Hawks laughs.

Hawks:"Of course he'd say that. It's not like you. Oh, if you aren't gonna have anymore, can I have it?" *He points to some food on the table.*

Endeavor:"What a glutton. Eat what you want!"

Hawks grabs some sticks with meat on them.

Hawks:"I just have no self-control when it comes to the things I want." *He looks to Endeavor.* "After the school festival, too, I scouted your son. I mean, having the son of the number two hero would look good, right? But well, I'm glad I got Tsukuyomi now, since Shoto failed the provisional exam and left a mark on his brand."

Endeavor's flames burn a little brighter. 

Endeavor:"You know a lot for someone who didn't go to U.A."

Hawks:"I'm well-informed."

Endeavor scoffs and points at Hawks.

Endeavor:"Stop messing around! I didn't come all the way to Kyushu to talk about this! Hurry up and get to the point."

Hawks:"About the rumors?"

Endeavor:"Remodeled Nomu and Knight... Those grotesque  puppets the League of Villains has..."

Hawks:"A few dozen stored in Makino were captured with All For One, and since then, the League has been busy, but no more Nomu or Knight have appeared. Either that was all of them, or old A.F.O was the only one who knew where the rest were. I also called Io to come here and talk about this."

Endeavor:"What does the old man have anything to do with this."

Hawks:"Don't you know? Knights were made to kill Io. A couple almost succeeded. So I think he needs to apart of this."

Endeavor:"Bastard, since you asked me to team up with you, that means you have some definitive proof, right?"

Hawks:*Smiles.* "No, I don't. They're seriously just rumors."

Endeavor grows a tick mark and he stands up and claps his hands.

Endeavor:"Bring the check! I'm going home!"

Hawks:"Come on, wait a minute. Please listen. This is not the only place where Nomus and Knights have been sighted. You don't know, do you? They've been reported across the country. Not so much that they're been gathered into a news article... but among housewives while they gossip, or between elementary and middle school kids as they walk home from school."

Endeavor:"What do you mean?"

Hawks:"I heard about it first on a business trip from the locals. At the time, I worked with the police and investigation quietly to not raise unnecessary panic, but I got nothing. So, it made me curious,"

Hawks spreads his crimson wings out.

Hawks:"And I flew around the country investigation on my own."

Endeavor:"Investigating...?"

Hawks:"There were some differences, but similar rumors were popping up in places that were completely unconnected. In the end, they were all just rumors, though... Now, this is just an unsubstantiated opinion, but after U.A., Hosu, and Kamino, everyone knows how creepy these remodeled villains are, right? So I think some idiot is telling scary stories to stir up the uneasiness, and they spread across the country."

Hawks:"The villain earlier shouted, 'Hooray for metahuman liberation!' right? That's similar, too, where an old villain's biography was republished and has been selling pretty well. He was probably influenced by it. Those kinds of books sell more when society's uneasy, like they thrive."

Endeavor:"Don't put on airs. Just what is it you want? Get to the point!"

Hawks points at Endeavor.

Hawks:"I want you to become a dependable leader now that you're number one." *He gives Endeavor a thumbs up.* "I want you to verify the veracity of those rumors and tell everyone proudly to stop worrying. I'm not gonna do anything special. I said the same thing yesterday, but basically, I'm being the producer behind the number one hero."

Endeavor:"Bastard."

Hawks:"I just want to take it easy. Really. Just go around on leisurely patrols, complain that nothing happened today, and then go to bed. The best life! I want to make it a world where heroes have too much time on their hands."

Endeavor looks out the window.

hawks:"Endeavor."

A waitress comes in with a tray of drinks.

Waitress:"Here are your drinks--"

Hawks stands up and puts his hand out to her.

Hawks:"Get back, Miss!"

Suddenly something crashes into the window.

Suddenly something crashes into the window

Nomu:"Who's the strongest?"

Endeavor:"Hawks, evacuate everyone!"

Hawks:"Roger! What about you?"

Endeavor:"They weren't just rumors, huh? Must be my lucky day. Oh, well. Either way, this is what I came for." *Endeavor pulls his fist back.* "Flashfire Fist!"

Endeavor shoots the Nomu and flies out the window.

Endeavor:"Come. i'll show you who I am."

The camera pans to a view of the city then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-04-2022

3377 words

0