107. I’m sorry
21 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who the hell are you?" shouted Luke immediately, alarmed as he gripped his spear tightly.

He was ready to attack the man approaching them at a moment's notice. The man who stood in the shadow chuckled at his question before taking another step to show his face.

Luke immediately recognized the familiar face. The person standing in front of him was no other than Alex and he immediately lowered his weapon.

But the moment the man took a step out of the darkness, Luke immediately recognized a familiar face. It was the face of Alex.

'But why would he show himself now? What could be the reason for Odebus to make an appearance? Well, better Odebus than a stranger since I don't need to be that careful around him.'

"Odebus… What are you doing here?" Luke asked from five meters afar with a tired voice as the rest of his group immediately halted their steps.

A sad smile formed on the latter's face as he commented. Alex held a silver sword off which blood was dripping down. What surprised Luke was that he didn't even hold his sword calmly.

'What is going on with him? Has he forgotten how to hold a sword, or why is his hand holding the sword trembling as if it was his first time holding one? Well, at least it's lowered and not pointed towards us.' shot through Luke's head as he slowly raised his eyebrow.

It took Alex a lot of strength to answer Luke's question. "I'm not Odebus. I am … I am Alex. …"

But before he could continue, Evie cut him short.

"Alex? You are still alive?" she asked with a trembling voice as she took a step closer.

Evie's reaction ached his heart, and a tear began rolling down his cheek. He had no other choice. He has to warn them.

Compared to the first few words, it took him way more strength to utter the next sentence.

"I'm sorry… but… Ple-Please run…" he pleaded, and his face began twitching.

As these words left his mouth, someone else took control over his body. The only two things Odebus didn't take control of were Alex's face and voice.

Perplexed, Evie asked with a trembling voice: "Why? Why do you want us to leave you… now that you got your body under control…shouldn't you… Shouldn't you be joining us? What happened to our friendship? What do you plan on doing alone? What about our promise of dying and surviving together?"

With every question asked, Evie's voice grew louder, and after asking the last question, tears even began falling down her cheeks.

In her anger and spitefulness, she not only ignored Alex's pleas, but she also did the complete opposite of it and took another step towards her.

Alex's face was by now horrific, and he shouted in fear and anger: "NO, NO, NO. Evie…please…."

But before he could tell her to kill him, Odebus immediately swung his sword towards Evie's throat.

Evie's pupils immediately shrank as she raised her left arm to block the strike.

Her slim athletic body immediately transformed within a split second. She immediately turned into a three-meter tall human monster. Her new form resembled that of someone who got fed nothing but growth hormones and steroids since day one.

Instead of slicing through her throat, Alex's sword got deeply embedded into Evie's hand. His sword couldn't even cut through Evie's hand muscles, and the girl gripped it tightly as blood began dripping down from the hand.

"I see… thanks for warning me, Alex," she muttered in disappointment before hitting the latter with her monster fist on his head. Odebus skillfully avoided that hit and jumped a few meters backward to utter a spell.

Luke, on the other hand, didn't stand idle. Without even batting an eye, Luke immediately threw a bone spear in the direction of Alex, his former leader. He timed the moment perfectly, and the thin bone javelin bored into Alex's shoulder.

Alex flew further backward and hit his head against the wall, but that didn't stop him from finishing his next spell and a gigantic fireball that was as big as the entire tunnel diameter itself got shot towards the group.

Luke's eyes shrank immediately, and in desperation, he summoned as many bones from his body which he placed in front of him, creating a physical barrier. His younger sister immediately assisted as she muttered [water] and created a body of floating water, which she immediately threw towards the approaching fireball.

The water she summoned couldn't even be compared with the fireball. It immediately turned into hot steam while lowering the size and temperature drastically.

His bone barrier was semi-useful against it, and Luke summoned as many bones as possible around his body to withstand the brunt.

The seeping fireball hit the two. The pain was unimaginable, and the painful wails of the two were heard. Tears streamed down Luke's younger sister, who threw the next mass of water towards the burning duo, hoping that she could alleviate their pain.

Their bodies were littered with burn marks, and they groaned painfully. Odebus, on the other hand, shattered Luke's brittle bone barrier with a strong kick. Luke immediately grew more anxious as he couldn't see anything because of the steam that rendered their eyesight useless.

"You two… are way stronger than I imagined. Well, at least that fight will be fun. Don't you think Alex?" commented Odebus behind the steam before laughing as he took another step forwards. Evie merely grabbed a sturdy bone.

He knew that his younger siblings would be useless in fighting and were more of a liability to him. But before he could utter a retreating order, his younger brother summoned a strong wind, sending the hot steam away.

"Thanks," he shouted back.

The sudden removal of the steam surprised Odebus, who didn't expect his cover to get blown so quickly. Unfortunally for him, luck wasn't on his side as a strong bone immediately crashed against his chest the moment the steam got blown away.

 

A chapter a day keeps your worries away.

Spoiler

Well, you thought there would be spoilers, unfortunately for you, even the author doesn't have any clue, so we suffer together through it.

[collapse]
1