108. Don’t f*ck with a female berserker.
36 7 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex's body crashed into a wall, and a lot of debris got released into the air, blocking everyone else's view.

Evie, who had inhaled the dust, coughed loudly and looked suspiciously at the dust that was still settling.

"Hopefully, that was it," commented Evie while still holding a thick stone in her hand.

Alex's lifeless body was deeply impaled by the bone onto the wall, and he was hanging there.

Seeing her former comrade dead, Evie took a sigh of relief before transforming back to her original petite and athletic body.

Her body was just riddled with burn marks, and she merely commented: "That should be it…" before taking another step forward. Her whole body was hurting here.

But to their surprise, Odebus wasn't dead, and they heard him groaning: "It isn't finished yet," as his shaky hand grabbed the thick bone which bore through his lower abdomen into the wall.

His blood-red eyes were staring right into theirs while he gritted his teeth. Even though he felt unbearable pain, his excitement was still visible on his face as blood began dripping on the edges of his lip.

Luke merely chuckled loudly at Odebus's words before asking him the following question.

"It isn't finished yet, huh? How do you even plan on fighting us with such a wound? Don't you see who is having the upper hand? Just give up, and we may even give you a quick and painless death. You'll bleed to death either way."

Hearing his words, Odebus spat onto the ground before saying, "You are quite naivé, child. I am the source of your abilities, and I will be taken them back."

Who was Odebus? A simple beginner mage? No, he was something far greater than that. His strength was unfathomable. Even though his power was at the moment limited to that of a beginner mage.

The two charlatans, whom he was fighting, may be physically stronger than him, but his experience alone is enough to make up for it.

"Just watch," he muttered before ripping the thick bone completely out from his abdomen, where blood immediately spurted from the wound.

A normal human being would have gone unconscious from the pain alone he was feeling right now, and Alex was no such an exception. The pain he was feeling was driving that poor soul into insanity. But the pain he was feeling was just the beginning since Odebus had to do something against his wound since he would otherwise bleed to death.

Odebus gently placed his left hand onto the wound as mana enveloped over his hand. "[Burn]," he muttered, and his hand was set ablaze. The sounds of hissing blood could be heard, and it took only a second for his wound to be startled by the flame.

The stench of burned flesh immediately filled the air, reminding everyone of their hunger, which they ignored for too long.

But before Odebus could adjust further, Luke threw his second bone spear towards Alex in hopes of giving him no moment of recovery.

By now, Evie transformed back into her berserker form, and unlike the first round, she immediately took her weapon out. This time she couldn't slack off compared to last time. Her weapon of choice was a pair of twin axes with a thick handle made of black bone, while the curved bone blade had a length of 50 centimeters.

She gripped her two handles tightly, and her eyes were by now bloody red. Each of her steps made the ground quiver loudly while also throwing debris into the air.

On the other hand, Luke's body got further encased in black bones, and the only thing one could see from him were his two blue eyes which glared holes into their enemy. A black shield filled with thorns on its edges immediately grew out of his amputated hand while a black spear appeared on his still functioning arm.

The furious berserker roared loudly before immediately sprinting toward Alex, who merely grinned at the sight in front of him.

"I think it's time for me to take the two of you seriously. Let me show the four of you what a real mage can do."

Before Evie could even reach him, Odebus used a light spell, blending everyone standing in front of him while commenting shortly afterward: "[rot]."

A thin layer of darkness immediately began enveloping around the edge of his sword as he awaited Evie. The girl roared loudly as the ground trembled by her steps as she got closer and closer to him.

"Shit. What the hell should I do?" cursed Luke loudly, who was blinded by the light and didn't dare to take a step forward. He opted out and hid behind his shield, just in case something got thrown.

'Sorry, Evie… If I were to throw a bone spear, I could hit you by accident,' shot through his head as the grip over his bone spear tightened. A thick sweatdrop fell from his brow onto the head of his bone spear.

Immediately after casting that attack, he muttered his next spell: "[Fire breath]," and breathed a strong wave of flame, through which Evie jumped. The heat she felt was unbearable, and they burned through her eyelid. But she didn't stop her running there and continued running in Alex's direction.

Alex had a grin on his face, reaching from one ear to the other as he made a simple attack motion with his thin sword. The sword slit through Evie's thick chest muscles with ease as if someone was stabbing through wet mud.

Evie roared loudly. A pain stronger than any other immediately shot through Evie's chest. Lucky for her, Odebus, her opponent, barely missed her heart by a centimeter, which would have killed her in mere seconds. Instead of that, her lungs got punctured and something thick and black began spreading into her lungs.

'How did he even face no resistance by my flesh,' shot through her head as she took a swift swing with her ax through the air in hopes of hitting something.

And she did hit something. Even though Odebus summoned a barrier of mud in front of him in a mere blink of an eye, it didn't offer him any protection as her ax passed through it.

But her swing didn't stop there and immediately sent the latter flying straight against a wall for a second time.

Her hit shattered Odebus's rib cage by impact while also cutting deeply into Alex's body. Bone splitters pierced into his lungs and other organs, which merely made Alex's situation even more critical.

Well, I originally planned on posting that chapter tomorrow, but as one might expect, I'm too impatient to leave a chapter stockpiled for a day, so anyway here is your new chapter. Writing fighting scenes seem to be easier than I expected, but I feel as if I'm quite repetitive when it comes to starting sentences, sigh. Well, hopefully, my fighting scenes aren't too disappointing XD.

 

1