110. Please…help me
21 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But before the tip of Luke's spear could pierce through Alex's body, the latter grabbed it with one hand. His reflexes shocked Luke as they were way faster than expected. The veins on his hand were bulging as Alex's grip tightened on the spear.

The spear tip was quivering millimeters away from the skin around his heart as Luke applied more and more pressure while clenching his teeth in frustration.
Unfortunately for him, the effort seemed to be in vain since the spear didn't move any further no matter how hard he tried. What made the situation even more furious for him was that Alex didn't even glance at him.

The latter merely continued feasting on his comrade like a mindless creature as more of his wounds closed with every passing second, which immediately sent shivers down his spine.

It's only a matter of time till the latter recovers fully, and at that point, Evie's death would be in vain.

Realizing that time was not on his side, Luke used the spear as a pole and swung his body over it to deliver a kick right onto Alex's face. While in the motion of that, he also let tiny sharp bone spikes grow out of his feet.

But luck didn't seem to be on his side since Alex grabbed Luke's foot with ease before Alex slowly shifted his attention to Luke.

Luke didn't know what was worse, seeing the latter continue feasting on his comrade or getting its attention.

A cruel smile formed on Alex's face before showing him his teeth were still pieces of Evie's flesh were visible.

"You… made a grave mistake, inexperienced lad…" before Odebus could continue, a water spear and a wind volley got thrown at him.
Luke's younger siblings did not listen to him when he told them to flee but instead tried to help their older brother as they saw he was in a tight situation.
Alex took advantage of the timing and kicked Odebus in the face with his free leg. This time the small bone spikes around his other feet immediately pierced through Odebus's left eye and cheek as the latter roared in pain.

But instead of letting Luke's leg go, Odebus swung the latter's body in such a way that the spells of his siblings' rater hit Luke's body.

Luke groaned in pain as he felt the impact of a high-pressure water spear hitting his armor.
But that wasn't all, since Odebus stated with a smile reaching from one ear to the other and a bloodied face: "I hope you like my present for you," before uttering the spell: "[Spatial distortion]."

Luke's eyes widened as he heard the spell. The voices of his siblings in the background got drowned out as an unbearable pain shortly invaded his body as he fell to the ground. Blood and flesh spattered everywhere and painted everything from the walls to the two people in Luke's bodily mess.

It took the dumbfound Luke a moment to realize what happened just now as pieces of his flesh landed on his face, as he stared at Alex in despair.

His leg just got amputated around the ankle area. But instead of having a clean-cut, it was a bloody and messy wound. Messy and broken leg bones were visible as his leg sprayed fountains of blood. Pieces of flesh were hanging loosely around it while the other part of his foot was a meter away from him.

Seeing how their older brother just got shafted by Odebus, the younger brother of the two called Maurice immediately sprinted in anger towards Alex while taking a swing with his sword. Maurice aimed at Alex's throat with his swing, but Odebus merely grinned before blocking his attack with Evie's leg.

As the sword cut through it, Odebus delivered a kick to his face, sending him flying against the nearest wall, where he hit his head against it.

The boy remained to lie on the ground, and it seemed like he suffered from a concussion. Seeing that, Anne, his older sister, sprinted into the fray with tears in her eyes while hoping of saving at least one of her brothers.

But Luke didn't remain idle and used the moment to take care of his badly amputated wound.

A few centimeters above the ankle that got obliterated by Odebus's space spell, Luke applied a tourniquet around the area to stop further blood loss as much as possible so that he won't bleed out in the next 15 minutes. He achieved the tourniquet with bones that he laced tightly above his leg. The tourniquet he applied was so tight that it was cutting into his flesh.

But as long it stopped his bleeding … as long as it gave him one more hour to survive, it should be fine.

After taking care of his bleeding problem, he created a rudimentary prothese around his trauma area since he couldn't use that area to step on any surface.

But to keep it simple and imaginable, a bone extension grew out of the bones tightening around his leg before they formed a flat surface. It was the most rudimentary thing one could create, but that offered him a stance to stay straight on two legs, even though the amputated one fell short by like three centimeters. Another drawback of the prothese was that one couldn't apply too much pressure onto the leg since the likelihood of it breaking was too high.

Alex stated nonchalantly: "[water]," and a body of water formed around Anne's head before lifting her body off the ground.
The fear in her eyes was clearly visible as she struggled for her life while drowning in the water. She tried to grab after the water. To maybe move it to the side, but it seemed like she was helpless in such a situation as she neither could utilize any spell nor had any talent/experience when it comes to controlling the water element.

Luke, who was slowly standing up after taking care of his leg, watched in horror the movement of Anne's lips. Even if he heard no sound, Luke understood her words immediately.

sorry for not updating the last few days. I was busy studying and preparing for my exam, which I had yesterday and after it, I had to work till midnight so yeah. Anyway here is your chapter. I hope you like it. Hopefully, it wasn't a letdown. 

This chapter looks like rambling to me since the siblings somehow got thrown into the background at the last chapter just to reappear in this chapter. Sorry for such beginner mistakes. I hope these inconsistencies don't bother you two too much. I will try to avoid such beginner mistakes in the next fight chapters. 

Guess which generic sentence Anne tried to say in the end. well, you will find the answer under the spoiler, hehehe

 

Spoiler

look at the chapter title, hehehe.

[collapse]

 

1