Chapter 6
284 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was now having a word with Nakamura Yoshii, aka Hex.

He was an unpopular boy in my class. So unpopular that I don’t even remember him. He gave off the typical virgin otaku vibe… not that there is anything wrong with that, but such guys are not my type.

He just sat there, clearly nervous about being next to me. He probably idolized me in my former world. Now that an opportunity had come where he might not only be able to talk to me but also do the deed with me, I can only imagine the fantasies going through his mind.

“So… Hex. You became an adventurer?”

“Ah… yes. After I was kicked out of the castle I became a merchant first before switching.”

“The merchant trade wasn’t going well?”

“It was… but… don’t tell me you haven’t heard?”

“Heard what?”

“Well, it is only a rumor and because it only affects those of us who were summoned by that kingdom, it is understandable if it is not being spread widely.”

His words filled me with worry.

“What is going on?”

“Remember those guys who remained in the castle?”

'How could I forget? That group included my shitty ex and all my useless friends... who all abandoned me.'

“Well, apparently they are all either dead or missing in action.”

“Eh?”

“They were attacked without warning by the demon army and an enemy kingdom from two flanks. They never stood a chance.

“I that so?” I said before thinking, ‘Serves them right…’

“Now, here is where it gets tricky for us. That kingdom is seeking to recall all the heroes it let go.”

“What do you mean?”

“They are capturing and sending everyone the summoned to the front lines. That's why I changed my profession, name and came here.”

'Seriously', I thought before speaking, “That shitty kingdom really knows how to screw people over.”

“You can say that again.” He said before drinking some alcohol.

Hearing his story made me thankful for having left for this place.

“Umm… Sofia-san” he said with red cheeks.

He was already drunk which was shocking because he only had one cup of alcohol.

“Julia!” I called out.

“What is it?”

“This is a friend of mine. Can you take care of him?”

“Sure…” she replied

“Eh? Umm… Sofia-san?”.

“Don’t worry… Julia is way better than me and it will only cost you 10 silvers.” I uttered before dashing off.

It's not like I wouldn’t sleep with him for money but if it ends up with me being his first time… I might end up with a stalker proclaiming his love for me. It is safer for me to have him do the deed with another girl before accepting him as a customer. Furthermore, I just earned a lot of money tonight. It will probably cause bad blood between me and the other armatures if I continue to work tonight.

***

It was early morning and my joy of yesterday was turning into a nightmare.

“What do you mean my price will remain the same?”

“You think a little windfall is enough to raise your value? The value of any girl is deemed by their skills, clients, and contribution to the brothel. You only have two clients, furthermore, those two have been frequenting another brothel during the festival.”

“Eh?”

“You didn’t know? You should learn to keep tabs on your clients. Especially when they leave the brothel.”

It turns out that Tom and Mark had returned earlier than the expected date. For them to have gone to other brothels must mean that they had earned some cash.

I was thinking about this when “Ah… Sofia-san”

“Eh… Hex?” I uttered as I saw him coming down the stairs.

'Don’t tell me he paid for an extension until morning'

Julia’s extra services should cost more than mine. If I had known that he would have that kind of money on him, I would have taken the risk of him becoming my stalker.

“Sofia… Good morning. I took care of your friend as you asked.”

“Is that so? Thanks very much, Julia.”

“No problem. Hex was wonderful.” She said as she grabbed onto his arm.

That may have been lip service, but the manner in which she was doing it suggested that he was a good customer. As much as I hate to do this to Julia I can no longer stand being at the bottom.

I pulled Hex by the hand.

“Thanks for taking care of him, but I can take over now.”

“Eh?” Hex replied with a puzzled look.

“But… I felt like we connected.” She replied before grabbing his arm again

“It must have been your imagination, Julia.”

“I am sure it wasn’t. What about you Hex-sama? Who do you want to be with?”

“Eh~To… Ummm…”

This idiot… He fell in love with the first girl to spread her legs for him. Typical virgin reaction…

I pulled him from Julia's reach, “We will discuss this later. For now, Hex and I are going out.”

“A~ra… I also want to see the festival.”

Sparks flew between us.

“Aren’t you on cleaning duty today?” I asked

“I will do it later…”

“You will do what later?” an angry voice uttered

“Madam… I was just getting ready to do my chores.”

“Good… I want this place spotless for tonight. Understood?”

“Yes, mam.”

I took this chance to drag Hex out of there.

***

“Congratulations on losing your virginity.”

“Eh? No… I wasn’t…”

“Heeh?…”

He was trying to hide it but failed. His cheek was as red’s as an apple.

“In any case, aren’t you going to reward me?”

“Reward you?”

“For introducing you to Julia… You probably wouldn’t have had the nerve to ask her upstairs.”

“Umm… I can’t deny that. She taught me many things last night.”

“Really? I will be sure to grade you the next time you visit the brothel.”

“Eh? Next time?” he said in a panic.

“Is something the matter?”

“No… but…”

“You want to do with Julia… Is that it?”

He nodded his head to my question.

‘This idiot really has fallen for her, but if he has money to splurge then I can’t just let him go.’

I got my face close to his and kissed him. I would normally charge for this but as madam said, there are sometimes when you have no choice but to do it for free.

When our lips parted his face went all red.

“I will be waiting for you…” I said before pulling his hand, “but for now let’s enjoy the festival… your treat.” I said with a devilish smile.

We had a lot of fun together and it was really surprising. For an otaku, he was pretty cool. Thanks to his merchant skills he was able to haggle the prices down on some accessories I wanted.

He was kind, considerate, and listened to what I had to say. Qualities I never fund in my past boyfriends.

I said that I would never date someone like him but I have to seriously reconsider that.

“What are going to do now?”

We were eating skewers while watching a performer perform in the middle of the street when I asked him that question.

“I am thinking of raising my rank.”

“Won’t that be risky? You and I were kicked out because we didn’t have any combat skills right?”

“True… But I think I may have found a way to use my skill to my advantage.”

“Really? How?”

“I will tell you after I have figured it all out. Right now it is just a theory.”

“I understand. You don’t want to jinx it, right?”

He nodded at my question.

“Good luck with that,” I said with a smile.

The sun was setting and I had parted ways with Hex at the city gate. He was planning on accepting various quests from guilds in other areas and to raise his rank before coming back.

This was the fastest method for rookie adventurers to raise their ranks. In the capital city for adventurers,  S-rank could be found. Raising your rank here would probably take three times as long. That’s why rookie adventurers like him have to leave from time to time.

Speaking of rookie adventurers, “Finally found you two.” I uttered with a menacing aura.

“Sofia” the two idiots spoke in unison.

I was on my way back to the brothel when I spotted two adventurers leaving an F-rank brothel and heading towards another brothel.

“I see… You have found new girls to play with… not even a word goodbye… I am so heartbroken right now.”

“No… It is not like that…”

“We were just looking around… That's all.”

Tom uttered before Mark opened his mouth.

“Tom... Mark… Seiza!”

“Yes.”

I took my time I gave them an earful lecture while they were in the middle of the street and two days later.

“That was very humiliating Sofia,” Tom complained

“Is that so?” I answered like I didn’t care at all.

“That’s right… All the adventurers are now laughing at us.”

“” Really?”

“Please act like you are taking this seriously,” Tom remarked but I just ignored it

“…”

“Come on Sofia… There is no need to be so cold towards us.” Mark pleaded

“Humph… I am not being cold at all. I am a professional after all. Now then, are you guys taking me upstairs or what?”

“You are still mad at us, aren’t you? Even after you humiliated us in public…” Tom complained

“If you guys are so angry about that, then why don’t you put 25 silvers together and get your revenge.”

“Eh?”

“You could have me apologize while doing a naked seiza… heck, if you add another 30 silvers, I am even willing to do a naked dogeza.”

It wasn’t long before I heard the sounds of coin sacks being put on the table.

‘Men are so easy to manipulate.’

12