A quick trip
803 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I am still alive

 

Walking down the dimly lit street, I glanced up at the moths circling the streetlight. Putting my earphones in I quickly glanced around the shadowy streets and alleys.

From what I could see no one was out. Yet again it was almost nine, most sane people would be at home on a chilly Sunday night. But here I was.

Looking back down, I slowly stumbled down the street, avoiding the puddles of water shining with the silvery light of the full moon.

Jumping down the curb to cross the road I stumbled and fell forwards towards the asphalt. Flailing my arms around, I tried to regain my balance, but I ended up faceplanting the street..

Hearing the cracking of my skull hitting the road, I froze on the ground expecting the worst. But the pain I was awaiting never came. Slowly raising my head, I couldn’t feel anything broken. I couldn’t even feel the wetness of blood. Glancing down, I saw a pothole that was placed almost perfectly where my head was. If that hadn’t been there, I surely wouldn’t be walking around for a while.  Looking down, I could see the shattered remains of my earphones.

Rubbing my head, I glanced around and instantly froze as I saw a car come to a stop Infront of me. Taking in a deep breath I slowly turned towards the white and blue car that had stopped Infront of me. As I exhaled a officer slowly got out of the car. He had a worried smile on his face as if trying to show me he wasn’t a danger, but the hand planted firmly on his taser told a different story.

“You ok miss” he called out as he slowly approached me, “You took quite a fall there”

My heart started to race as he said the word miss and I glanced down to see two small globes on my chest, still small but clearly visible through my shirt. Had they had gotten bigger? Glancing to my peripheral vision I could see my brown hair down to my shoulders, so much for that haircut a few days ago.

Glancing back, I could see the officer looking at my head trying to see a wound and glancing at the earphones before quickly looking down and pulling out his radio. “Miss, can you wait here for two seconds” he said as he turned and walked back to his car while talking quietly into his radio.

Slowly I went and sat on the curb that I had stumbled over less than two minutes ago. Why did I look like a girl again? Brushing the hair out of my eyes I brushed the dirt off my pants.

Looking back at the officer I saw him sit in the cruiser and start typing away on the keyboard inside while glancing at me. He almost looked nervous to see me.

Glancing around, I saw a familiar looking sports car come rolling around the corner. Judging from the red and blue lights in the grille it was another cop.

It slowly rolled up to the curb I was sitting at and a puff of smoke came out of the window. Right after this a familiar looking man opened the door and glanced at me before walking to the cruiser. Letting out a cough, the captain from the day before.

The officer in the cruiser stumbled out and started to talk to the captain. They both glanced at me and slowly started walking to me. They both stopped a few feet Infront of me and the man bent down looked me in the face while the officer stood with his hand on his hip, close to his taser.

“Are you ok” he said as he reached into his coat and pulled out a badge, “I’m Captain White”. “My officer saw you fall and hit the road; we have already called the ambulance”

Going to stand up, I look at the captain, “I’m fine, can I just go home” I said. But as I stood up the captain put his hand on my shoulder stopping me.

“I’m sorry miss, you’re going to have to wait a second” he said as I slowly sat down.

“But I’m fine sir, I don’t need an ambulance” I said as I pointed to the pothole, “I just got winded, Luckily I didn’t hit my head. I can walk it off”

“From what my officer said I know your fine” he said as he stood up. “You seem perfectly fine, apart from the fragmented rocks throughout your hair and the seemingly perfectly, head shaped pothole where you say your head landed” he said with a smirk.

“what” I mumbled as I went to brush my hair to prove him wrong, but as I did I saw the small rocks come tumbling out of my hair.

“We have two hypothesises” he said we both turned our heads towards the distant sirens, “your either incredibly lucky, or you’re a meta”

“A… meta” I stuttered, “like a superhero?”

“Yes, like a superhero” he chuckled as he looked towards his car before glancing back and putting a hand on my shoulder, “I’m sure you will be fine, we will just need to take you in and record all your changes and ability’s”

“Take me in” I stuttered as I pushed his hand off my shoulder, “You’re going to arrest me?”

“Arrest is a harsh word for it” he said defensively, “We don’t have anything to charge you with. Its only to make sure you’re not a danger to society.”

“Do I look like a danger to society” I smirked as I watched the other officer quickly glance at my figure. “I think he is more of a danger to society than me” I said as I gestured towards his officer who started to frown at me, “His hands been on his taser this entire time. I don’t think I look dangerous enough to warrant his trigger finger”

“You might not look dangerous, but you very well could be” he said as the officer slowly removed his hand from the taser and crossed his arms, “A girl smaller than you accidentally collapsed a building the other day and the only indication she was a meta was her hair colour changing”

“Something small like that is the only indication of the development of a meta gene” the officer said as he frowned at me, “Which leads me to ask, have you had any weird changes to your body recently. Like changed eye or hair colour. Or even just an abnormal increase in height”

“No. At least unless your count growing these” I quipped as I point to my chest trying to act confused but finding myself unable to hide the smirk on my face.

The officer started to turn red as Captain white smirked, “we know you think this is a joke, but the ambulance is coming to check your DNA to check just to be sure”

Tilting my head, I turned my head towards the ambulance as it pulled around the corner, “Why do you want my DNA.”

“You’ll find out” he said mysteriously as he stood up and walked towards the parking ambulance. The other officer stood up behind me menacingly as his hands drifted to his hips, which happened to be right next to his gun and taser.

What is wrong with these people, im not dangerous. Something felt very off. But just as I started to think the ambulance doors opened and the captain looked at me, “come with me miss.”

Slowly getting up, I began to follow him at a snail’s pace, my mind racing with ways to get out of here. As I finally thought of running, I realised the officer had changed his hand from being on his taser to being on his gun.

This was getting better and better. Now I might be an idiot but even I know running from a cop with a trigger finger isn’t a good idea.

As I was thinking of another plan, captain White stopped at the doors and ushered me into the ambulance and onto the bed. Sitting up I came face to face with a female doctor.

“I’m Doctor Cho” she said joyfully as she seemingly looked at me for any injuries.

“What’s your name” she said as she held up a clipboard and pen.

“Grace” I shakily said as a pang went through my heart as my mind was racing to figure out why the police wanted my DNA?

“Just Grace?” she asked as she watched me shake my head, “I’m going to guess that you happen to not know your last name and address.”

With the shake of my head she frowned, “Have you had an headaches or nausea since your fall” she said as she put the clipboard down”

With another shake of my head, she seemed to drift into deep thought for a minute giving me more time to make an escape plan. Quickly glancing around I could just see the officers leaning against the ambulance in a deep conversation.

Just as I was getting up to make a dash into a dark alley a hand pulled me down. Doctor Cho proceeded to pull up the arm of my shirt revealing my pale skin. After seemingly finding a blood vessel she pulled out an uncomfortably large needle. “This is only going to hurt for a minute” she said as she quickly inserted it into my arm and began to draw blood.

While she slowly started to draw blood, the officers kept glanced at me and the needle before going back into their conversation. Straining, I could barely make out their conversation but before I could hear anything worthwhile, they saw me watching and started whispering.

A flare of heat in my arm got my attention drawing me back to the doctor drawing my blook. “Sorry, did that hurt…” she said as I felt the heat grow and a wave of silver replaced my red blood. The doctor froze and slowly glanced up at me.

“Are you ladies almost done” the officer said as he stuck his head into the ambulance to get a look at the progress. “Huh” he said as he saw the silver liquid continued in the needle. His hands started to drift towards his hips as he tried to get a better look at it.

Shit

Seeing my chance, I jumped up and barged my way out of the ambulance as the needle got ripped out of my arm.

Dropping a shoulder, I rammed into the officer’s chest and a wet cracking sound followed as he exhaled. The captain looked stunned as he watched his officer fall to their knees gasping for air. His hand flew to his hip as I started to dash towards the alley.

“Sorry guys” I shouted back at them as I started to sprint towards the shadow alley, “At least there’s an ambulance already here”

Sprinting for the shadowy alley I glanced back to see the injured officer stumbling to his feet as the captain pulled out a revolver. “STOP” he screamed at me as the officer pulled out his pistol.

Seeing the shadows a only a few feet away I turned back to make the final steps to the cover of darkness

Hearing a puff of air, I started to turn to see them as I felt something slam into my back. Stumbling forwards, Into the shadows and onto a metal grate, a tingling sensation enveloped my upper chest as something seemingly passed through me. Looking down, I could see two little copper probes sticking through my shirt and as they started to ark. “Shit” I stuttered as tens of thousands of volts shot through the wires and I collapsed onto the grate.

Sorry for the delay, life has been shit, imagine being hit by a car, then they reverse over you. Then times that by 10. I'm not gonna drop this story but chapters might take a week or two to come out

 

Anyways thanks for the read

33