Chapter 7: A game of cat and mouse.
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yuki may I have a word?" After everyone was leaving the building, Taichi called out to me.

*sigh*

"Is anything of the matter unit leader?"

"No need to be so distant, just call me Taichi."

"Ok....do you need something from me Taichi?"

"Ah yes, it involves the serial killings that have been happening recently."

When he mentioned the killings I started having a bad feeling uneasy again.

"What about the killings?"

"Ah well you see, I suspect that the culprit might be someone working with us on this case."

Shit.

"That's quite the theory, may I ask your reasoning behind this?"

"Well if you look closely at the people he's killed, you start to notice that he only kills people related to the police."

"For example, he killed the Rosenwald's which were known for bailing criminals for their own profit, he also killed the Smith's who funded and bribed this very station."

"Fact of the matter is that he's targeting people related to the police station."

Well, I have been targeting people involved with the station recently. But I never meant to come off as someone killing people who they think are evil.

I just simply target people I find interesting and those two stood out to me so I killed them. Nothing more, or nothing less.

"So Taichi do you have any guesses on who might be the traitor?"

"Ah well to be frank I think it's you."

This is not going well. I need to take this guy out fast or else my life will be over before I know it.

"Well why do you suspect me?"

"Your eyes."

My eyes!? What the fuck is this guy going off about.

"Excuse me, m-my eyes?"

"Yes, I've seen those eyes before."

"Those eyes are of someone who wouldn't even waste another second if he had the opportunity to kill."

What the fuck is this guy saying. How can you base such a big conclusion off of my fucking eyes.

After that I just couldn't respond. If this guy knows he knows. The only thing I can do is to make sure he's never seen again.

"Oh and also if I go missing I've made preparations so that the blame will definitely be put on you."

"In other words, I've already contacted some hitmen and colleagues."

Yep I'm fucked.

Authors note: I've noticed literally no one has been reading this as of lately. So I just wanted to thank the 9 readers that have not dropped this yet. Thank you and goodbye.

1