Arc 1 Chapter 1
339 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes flicker open, as I stare into the inky blackness surrounding me, my eyes quickly adjust to this all encompassing darkness.

‘Where am I?’ - ???

As I think this I begin to see my surroundings, walls made of rough dark stone, they appear dusty and old, so so old, my eyes travel down to the floor which I’m slumped upon, it’s the much the same as the walls but much rougher and stalagmites reach towards the ceiling which is so far up that the darkness still cloaks it.

*Ding*

‘What was that noise!’ - ???

I glanced around before laying my gaze upon a blue screen.

*Notice*

You have gained the skill; Night vision lvl 1

As the screen appears I notice the darkness begin to recede revealing the full expanse of the cavern, it was huge, hundreds of black stone stalagmites reached towards the ceiling and scattered around them were pieces of broken armour and weapons and charred black bones in various positions, the stench which encompasses this place is stained with the feeling of death, sorrow and greed.

‘What… the actual hell is happening!!!!’ - ???

‘The last thing I remember was.. what was I doing… I don’t remember anything’ - ???

As I think this 1 word pounds in my head over and over, like a blacksmith forging a sword… like it was demanding that I speak it.

“Status” - ???

As I speak for the first time my words come out strangely smooth but with a metallic tone to it. As the shock of what my voice sounds like passes I stare upon the new blue screen in front of me.

—Status—

Name: ???

Race: Broken Living Armour

Level: 1/5

Rank: G-

HP: 19/21

MP: 7/7

SP: 25/25

Skill Points: 5

Abnormal Conditions: Soul Bleed (major) Rusted (minor) Ancient (minor)

———

Stats:

STR: 21

VIT: 18

MAG: 13

RES: 17

SPD: 13

DEX: 9

INT: 145

LUC: 137

———

Skill List:

Ability Skills: Minor Health Increase Lvl 1

Attack Skills: Sword Arts Lvl 1

Magic Skills: 

Active Skills: Armour Reattachment Lvl 1 

Passive Skills: Swordsmanship Lvl 1

Perception Skills: Night Vision Lvl 1

 Resistance Skills: Rust Resistance Lvl 1

Elements: Lesser Metal Element Lvl 1

Monster Skills:

Ultimate Skills: 

———

‘Whatttttt!!!!’ - ???

After reading my status screen I couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by the information I now have access to, at first I was freaked out by my lack of name, then immediately after I was freaked out by my soul bleeding and my race.

I try to look down but quickly realise that I can’t move my neck, I glance down at my body using my eyes and realise I’m just a solid metal helmet…

“WHATTTTT!!!” - ???

As I shouted at the top of my lungs at the fact that I was but a helmet, I once again examined my helmet and realised that an opaque blue liquid was leaking from me… it must be my soul bleeding but it can’t be that bad right?

—Status—

Name: ???

Race: Broken Living Armour

Level: 1/5

Rank: G-

HP: 17/21

MP: 7/7

SP: 25/25

Skill Points: 5

Abnormal Conditions: Soul Bleed (major) Rusted (minor) Ancient (minor)

———

That’s even worse than I could’ve imagined I was rapidly losing health and had no clue about how to fix myself.

—World System—

Quest: Repair your broken body!

Objective: Find pieces of armour to repair yourself 1/6

Rewards: Soul Bleed will be removed, 2 Skill points, Skill: Auto Repair Lvl 1

———

As I finish reading the quest announcement I quickly start looking around for the closest pieces of armour to repair myself with. My eyes land upon a rusted metal chest piece which I use every ounce of my being to force my body to move towards it!

Nothing… nothing! I couldn’t move towards it no matter what I did! What could I possibly do to close the distance, I look back over my skills list, and there’s the answer to all my questions, Armour Reattachment! I try to use the skill, and the information on how to use it flooded into my head, I channeled my Stamina Points into the skill and the chest piece stated leaking blue liquid similar to my Soul blood as the chest piece shoots towards my helmet before reconnecting.

‘One piece down! 4 more to go’ - ???

I checked my SP and it dropped by 3 points! I looked around for any other piece of armour, but that’s when I heard it a loud bellowing roar that shook me to my very core. I glanced towards where the sound originated and I saw the monster which would haunt my dreams for the rest of my life, a monster covered in glossy silver scales and horrific black claws that looked like they could slice a boulder in half, it’s body extended up to 20 meters long and it reached 5 meters tall, it’s wings so large it looked like it could eclipse the sun.

—World System—

Announcement: The B+ Class Dragon Arzefan has been found for the first time in 300 years, the great calamity, the dragon which sundered kingdoms, the hero killer.

Reward: You’ve been rewarded with the 6 skill points and the title Ancient Beast Tracker.

———

—World System—

Quest: Survive! Hide! Run! Do whatever you can!

Reward: Your life, Skill: Hide Lvl 1, The Dragon Piercer.

———

‘Oh shit…’ - ???

If I could cry I would.

5