Ch. 010 – It’s not the end, but you can see it already [Final]
992 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch. 010 - It's not the end, but you can see it already

Not long after the little show the two goddesses delivered just outside the gates of Lastation Capital City, an eerie silence makes itself known within the city's borders as both Noire in her Black Heart form and Purple Heart fly towards Lastation's Basilicom.

People point towards them; some in fear, some with concern, others... well, others seem oddly cheerful for some reason.

"Are you sure you sent a message ahead that everything will be fine?", Purple Heart asks, a mixture of amusement but also concern in her voice.

"Yeah yeah, I did, but this isn't as easy as you probably think it is. Stop asking the same thing every few minutes already!"

Being shut down like that, Purple Heart decides to remain silent for the time being. She, and especially Noire, will have a lot of things to voice soon enough. Arriving at the balcony, both CPUs touch down to the ground. Expectedly, a row of soldiers with rifles at the ready surround them, all weapons pointed at Purple Heart.

"Oh my me, stand DOWN! ALL OF YOU!", Noire shouts in fury, having not expected that there would actually be soldiers that would act like this.

"B-B-But Lady Black Heart-", one of the women begins, but Noire just grabs her rifle and snaps it like a twig.

"Get OUT! And you in particular will report for punishment for disobeying an order! MARCH!"

Knowing better than to stick around with a severely pissed-off Noire, the soldiers scramble away like little girls.

"*Sigh*, typical. Kei, did you send the necessary notices out? I don't want any further incidents like this."

"All done here, Noire. Lady Purple Heart, it's an honour to welcome you to Lastation's Basilicom. I've already arranged lodging for you, but...", and with that Kei looks at the two with a knowing face, "maybe that won't be necessary? Hm?"

"Oh thank you very much, but no. I'd much prefer to spend my stay with Noire. In her suite. That's fine with you, right?", Purple Heart responds with an uncharacteristically seductive tone.

Noire can only sigh once again and shake her head.

"...Do as you like. It's too late to change my mind anyway."

"Tehe, then please take good care of me. Or maybe I should take care of you?"

"Seriously, what the heck happened to you...?"

----------

"L-Lady Ram, Lady Rom, I-I can't do this... please!", a certain blue-haired woman whimpers as she and the twin candidates are somewhere outside Lowee's Basilicom.

Thanks to Lowee's magic, the city has an appreciable temperature all year around, but that still only helps so much when one is properly clothed. Mina though...

"Shush, the faster you get your route done, the faster you can have your clothes back.", says Ram, shutting Mina down completely.

"You can do it, Mina! I believe in you!", Rom adds in encouragement.

"B-But what if someone s-sees me?"

"You can do it! I believe in you!", Rom merely repeats.

Mina realises that there is no arguing with the two, and so she dejectedly heads off, her body naked and cold. At least there are not many people around in these back alleys, but that hardly helps improve her mood. Carefully, she slips from one corner to the next, looking around to make sure nobody sees her bare body. While her long hair provides some minor amount of cover, it's still not nearly enough.

Mina's heart starts pounding hard in her chest, the feeling making her perfectly aware of what she is doing. Trying to keep her focus becomes harder the longer this goes on, but she knows she has to keep up with this "game" as the twins called it.

"No, I mustn't lose here! It's for their education!", she thinks to herself, trying to encourage herself to see this through.

"Hey hey, Rom, do you think she'll manage without getting caught?", Ram asks as she fondles Rom from behind, naked herself.

"I don't, ahn, know... maybe if she, ahh, st-stays careful she could, ahh, pass our game?", Rom answers, cute moans interrupting her every other word.

Ram presses her bare chest into Rom's equally bare back while playing with her beloved sister's nipples and pussy. Playfully biting into her ear, she mutters more words.

"If she won't, she promised she'll stop bothering us all the time. And if she wins... tehehe... we'll just have to play with her again. She's weak like that.", she breathes into Rom's ear.

"Big sis will be so proud that we, ahn, came up with such a clever plan!", Rom answers while already on the brink of cumming from her younger sister's playful touches.

"True, true, but first there's someone else who I have to play with, isn't there?"

"Yes, there's... ah, ahhh, someone... ah, ahn, ahhhh, Ram, more! More! I'm c-c-cum... cumming! Ahhhhhh!!!", Rom shouts out, barely able to really finish what she wanted to say as her vision goes white and fluffy.

"You're so easy, but that's what I love about you *Kiss*... Oh, look! She's almost at the half-way point! We better do something about that!"

Letting go of Rom who gets her bearings in time, the twins fly down. Close to Mina happen to be some Loweenian guards who could use some attention training, so Ram summons a tiny fireball and shoots it close to where Mina is.

The blue-haired woman lets out a shriek of surprise at the small explosion, and soon enough the three guards-women have her surrounded.

"You there! What kind of pervert--- Lady Mina!? Is that really you!?", the chief officer can only stutter out as she recognises the familiar face.

"...It's over, it's all over, it's all over...", the more mature-looking woman can only repeat to herself.

----------

"Hey Histy, do you have some free time?"

"Hm? Nepgear? Didn't you say you and Uni wanted to head over to Lowee to check on Ram and Rom? Why are you still here!?", the miniature fairy girl shouts with indignation.

Nepgear and Uni can only laugh at that, which makes her very uneasy.

"Noooope, there's something else we have to do instead. Nepgear, if you would? She's your oracle after all."

"Yes. Then if you would please excuse me..."

"N-N-Nepgear! Uni! What are you doing!?", Histoire shouts in protest, but to no avail.

Despite her book offering her unique mobility, she can't evade Nepgear trying to grab her with one of her giant maw-like devices. The monstrous machine snaps shut like some form of cage and Histoire can feel her magic quickly dwindling to nothing.

"Wh-What is this!? Let me go at once!"

"I'm sorry, but we cannot do that. You're the only oracle who could stop us, and that's why we need to get you on our side."

"Your... side?"

"What Nepgear's saying is that you need a new dress, just like ours."

Dread creeps up on Histoire as she hears those words. She was already perfectly aware that something was very off about the two, and also Neptune of course, and she guessed that Ram and Rom would be the same. But being put on display like this, as if she is some kind of trapped mouse... it makes her feel worse fear than she can remember.

"N-No... no, please don't!", is all she can get out while shaking wildly.

"*Sigh*, seriously. It's not that bad. You'll understand in a few minutes.", Uni tries to reassure her, not that it really helps.

"Well then, please excuse me doing this... *Smooch*!"

Nepgear places a kiss on Histoire's face, although the size difference between the two makes it look more like she was trying to eat her. Uni looks at the two with more than a little disgust, angered that Nepgear would be kissing another girl... even if it's for something like this.

Chaotic energy flows from Nepgear's lips into Histoire, who is too shaken to put up much of an effort at resistance. The whole act looks somewhat off...

Dark light blooms forth from within Histoire, but she does not cry out in pain. Her fear-marred face quickly softens up and is replaced by one of content. A serene calmness overcomes her, and she feels... good. Great, even.

"Oh, oh, wh-what is this? I'm feeling so... by Magna Heart, this is truly indescribable. Is this really how you two are feeling right now? ◊_◊", she says as she opens her eyes in amazement.

"It is, but enough of this. Nepgear, kiss me right now!", Uni demands. Nepgear of course obliges, putting her mouth on Uni's, tongues entwined, which placates her Lastationese girlfriend.

Histoire observes the little spectacle, but then it occurs to her that she probably also changed up, so she looks herself over. Instead of her headpiece, she now wears two bows styling her hair in twin-tails, and her dress is now much thinner and transparent in most places, although the amount of fabric itself hasn't really changed. Her wings are decidedly more angular and shine with a strange, brightly-pink light instead of the mix of blues and purples of before.

"I'm surprised my clothes don't look all that different? ?_?", she says out aloud, but the two candidates are too enraptured in one-another's company to really hear her.

"Oh well, guess these two will be busy for a bit. Now what should I do? There are so many books I want to read now which I didn't ever dare before. Ahahaha, that should be fun ( >")>..."

----------

"So what did you want to talk about, Blanc?", Vert asks as she leads the white goddess into her chambers... not for the first time, either. But this time feels different.

"Simple: do you have someone you love?", Blanc asks point-blank.

Vert's face falls, that particular question being the very last thing she expected to hear from her diametric opposite.

"...What if I tell you that it's you who I love?", she asks in a teasing tone as she sips from a dainty cup of tea.

"That would make things... complicated. I guess you can't love Chika?", Blanc answers, arms crossed before her body.

"Why? Chika is my oracle, we should remain in a professional relationship only. You however-", Vert tries that same teasing tone again, but one look at Blanc makes her hesitate. Despite the usually-furious CPU being the very picture of serenity, Vert feels that she should, just this once, not try to tease her.

"Because it's obvious. Chika loves you. Vert, please, I'm not stupid. You're breaking her heart. I've known the two of you for centuries now, but for the first time ever I feel that certain clarity in my head that I never had before.", White Heart answers, her pose more at rest. "As for me, I cannot love you either. I have come to the realisation that I love Ram and Rom. Yes, them, and they admitted they love me back as well as each other. So no, even if you pleaded me, I couldn't answer you. I know that a lot of people would be disappointed, but this is how it is.", she concludes.

Vert forcefully presses the tea cup into the plate, cracking it. Getting back up, her demeanour has notably changed for the worse.

"Oh yeah? Right back at you then! I CAN'T love Chika! My heart just isn't for her, and it pains me so much that she is head over heels with someone like me who can't possibly answer her love! You love your own sisters!? Don't make me laugh! That's worse than loving one's oracle! At least that wouldn't have the issue of being family!", Vert vents her tirade, centuries of forced down pain just spilling out, letting her out of breath and crying.

Blanc moves forward to catch the weakening Vert, trying to hold her in some form of hug that doesn't come across as too personal, but still trying to support her.

"I understand that. All of that. Why do you think I always shut myself away to read books? Of course it was because I was lonely. Because of my fears. But no longer.", she says in a very calm voice, which seems to work as Vert stops sobbing so much and sits down once again. "Vert, tell me, what's your greatest wish?"

Vert looks at Blanc, confused at the sudden change in topic.

"It's... family. I want sisters, too!"

With a knowing smile, Blanc gives Vert a pat on the back, trying to send some warmth into the sad blonde.

"Then maybe I know what to do. You see, I have power now. That's actually why I look like this. Look, I even got boobs now."

Vert takes a look at this, feeling some very minor amusement at how Blanc focuses on that particular detail.

"That was MY wish. And yeah, they're not as big as yours, but I'm happy with these. So who knows, maybe we can fulfil your wish as well? Would you like to try that?"

For some reason she can't explain, Vert's eyes glaze over. Her breathing slows, her mind grinds to a halt. With a shallow nod, she gives her affirmation. Blanc, on the other hand, flashes another knowing smile, darker this time, and kisses Vert right on the lips.

"Mgh!?" is all that the startled Vert can let out, her strength far too little to react to White Heart's boosted power.

Something strange enters Vert, but it's not something that feels bad at all. Rather it makes her feel good, so she ceases all attempts at resistance and lets it happen.

And then IT happens!

Vert goes into HDD, her hair turning a radiant green and growing in length, now done up in a ponytail. Her eyes change from blue to purple, the power symbol prominently shining. But as with the others, her HDD form looks markedly different as it manifests a black bikini-esque form with green glowing lines criss-crossing over her body. Her arms are covered in black gauntlets reaching nearly to her shoulders and sharp metallic plates sprout from the elbows while her fingers are covered in sharp claws. Her legs undergo a similar change, swirling energy patterns making the black thigh-high socks held up by a garter-belt glow in an ominous neon green, ending in heavyset boots. A giant dark-grey spear manifests, the industrial design opening up and showing a scythe-style energy blade glowing a bright pink on one end and twin blades shooting out of the other. A set of six hard light wings of the same colour fan out behind her, angular and extremely sharp. Shield-like devices with red markings, styled after her famous console, emerge last. Two cybernetic arms float at her sides, one of them grabbing the scythe as if it was her own. Finally, several horn-like metal pieces attach to her head, giving her an almost evil, crowned look, not at all helped by her having that same tattoo as everyone else so far on her inner left thigh.

Seconds pass that feel like hours. White Heart can only look on as Green Heart's new HDD finalises the change, a tinge of admiration clearly visible on her face.

"Hmmmmmmmm..."

"How do you feel, Green Heart?"

"Good. Very good in fact. Thank you Blanc, this was something I was looking for just earlier. Ehe. Aha. Oh, this feels amazing! It's like I can do anything right now!", Vert shouts in joy, twirling around to get a feeling for her new body. So much power!

"Now now, let's not be too hasty. You said you wanted sisters, didn't you? I think we can arrange something."

"...Oh you would? How delightful!"

----------

Half an hour later, Leanbox Capital City's central research station deep below its Basilicom is bustling with activity.

Blanc, Chika, and Vert are standing in front of Leanbox's Sharicite crystal, testing out a dangerous idea. Dangerous because of the sheer amount of power such a thing would need, that none of them could provide. Until now.

"Lady Vert, I must object again! Let me point out that this is reckless! If we feed this much power into the Sharicite, I don't know---", Chika starts, but stammers when Green Heart takes her chin into her hand and looks deep into her eyes.

"I trust you that you won't mess this up. And we have White Heart here. As the oldest CPU around, she'll know what to do if this goes badly."

"Y... Y-Yes, of course... a-anything for you..."

Chika tries to regain her composure, but on the inside she's beyond happy that Lady Vert finally touched her like this.

"Starting up boot procedure. Inputting Administrator code. Searching for files... scanning...", Chika mumbles to herself as her function of oracle takes over, automatically doing all required tasks to interface with the Sharicite.

"And you're sure this will work?", Green Heart gives one last question, but she is actually already perfectly sure that it will work. It HAS to work.

"Of course. You'll get a sister of your own, Vert. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.", White Heart gives her her reassurance.

"Energy transmission ready! Lady Green Heart, Lady White Heart, if you would get ready?"

The two powerful CPUs step forward, interfacing directly with Leanbox's Sharicite.

"All personnel, clear the room! If this does go badly, I don't want any of you to be hurt!", Green Heart announces loudly, and the scientists scramble to vacate the chamber. After all, if Lady Green Heart announces that something could be dangerous, she absolutely means it.

Using Vert as a template and Blanc's experience with sisters and general knowledge as guidance, all Chika has to do is start up the correct processes. In essence, this should produce a clone of Vert, but with her settings altered enough that her ID will be set as a new Candidate instead.

Powerful winds start sweeping through the chamber, the power output of the two CPUs rising beyond anything they ever displayed before. Chika does the best she physically can as a barrage of error and warning messages flash across the massive screen between her and the Sharicite. The device was never actually made for such a process and it shows!

Blindly-bright rainbow light escapes the giant crystal cum central server and the room shakes and rattles as if an earthquake is happening. Something fundamental is rejecting the commands, and everyone present can feel it.

Then, as if the proverbial cavalry arrived, three separate communication transmissions open.

"What the heck are you three doiiiiiing!?", comes the deep voice of Black Heart. Her looks are decidedly different, her dark magenta eyes flawing up from below her white hair with light pink tints at the ends and two halves of a silver star shape framing her face. A set of six cyan hard light wings spread out from behind her body, while four black-grey devices hover at her sides. Her transparent leotard with thin cyan-coloured patches connecting a central black line leaves little to the imagination as she furiously moves her claw-covered arms around.

"B-Black Heart! ...Noire, is that you!?", White Heart can barely voice out during the powerful storm going on.

"Of course it's me, you idiots! We can feel the shock waves all the way to Lastation and there's a freaking ocean in the way! So what is going on!?", the changed form of Black Heart shouts again.

From the second comms, Histoire's face can be seen, flanked by the familiar faces of Nepgear and Uni.

"By Magna Heart's good graces, are you messing with your Sharicite!? That's crazy! Stop it, you could blow up the whole nation!!! ☉_☉"

Lastly, Purple Heart's comm channel starts talking as well.

"It's about Vert's innermost wish, I bet. So what would it be that you need to access your Sharicite like this?", she says in that professional-serious manner she normally shows, displaying deep concern for the situation.

"She wants sisters! That's her wish! But something went wrong and I can't stop it!", Chika shouts in unconcealed alarm.

"Oh for the love of---! >_<", Histoire begins but then stops herself. No point complaining until this is under control.

"I-I-I'm losing control! There are too many errors!", Chika pleads while trying her best to fix the problems on the fly, but the console itself starts overheating and throwing sparks.

The winds and light pick up even more, and even the two CPUs present are starting to lose their balance. Ever more powerful shock waves are sent out, starting to break the room down.

Black Heart and Purple Heart receive messages on their screens and without hesitation do as told. They rush downwards to Lastation's Sharicite and have Kei connect with it, while Histoire does the same with the Planeptunian one. The two oracles initiate their own boot-up sequences, trying to fix the problem remotely.

"Firewall breached! Preparing for remote access! Ladies Black and Purple Heart, connect NOW!", Kei shouts in alarm, her fingers a furious blur as she types command after command.

From the comms comes Histoire's distorted voice; as the original oracle, she can more directly connect with the global Sharicite system than any of the other three. Her mind races as the Celestial core hub takes over, connecting to the divine database and downloading all necessary data on how to fix this.

"If any of you do something like this again, you'll get a lecture you'll never forget!ಠ_ಠ "

"Code package received, transmitting... 34%... 69%... 100%! Package sent, executing!", Kei presses out, completely tired already.

In the Leanboxian underground chamber, things finally start calming down. The cooperative effort has in a very last-minute fashion prevented a worldwide disaster somehow.

The light calms down, one last ray touching the ground. The air wavers and...

There she is. A girl, looking like a perfectly younger version of Vert, lies on the ground. Unconscious, but breathing.

"*Sigh*, hah hah... how reckless... p-promise me that there won't be a repeat of this...", Black Heart gets out, sweat very visible on her face. Having her new form already under this much stress just minutes after she got it can't be good for her health.

"I-If they try this again, they know what's in store for them. And it won't be more Nep Bulls! >:(", Histoire can only comment before breaking down in exhaustion, her eyes spinning as if swirls. This was way too close for comfort.

Nepgear and Uni rush to her, ensuring the little fairy will be fine.

Purple Heart meanwhile steps closer to Black Heart and gives her a hug.

"You did well, Noire. I should reward you later.", she teasingly whispers into her lover's ear.

"You two do that... I think I'll take a holiday. If you'll excuse me, I think I'll be out like a light now.", Kei comments sardonically and immediately passes out.

Back in Leanbox, the two CPUs as well as Chika realise that they really should not have rushed this so badly. But at least the damage is pretty minor overall.

Now it remains to be seen what happens once Vert's sister opens her eyes...

 

 

And so it came that Gamindustri saw a few changes. With the new alliances and cross-country assistance that just barely averted a crisis came an age of change.

The CPUs and Candidates who found new relationships decided that it would be better to begin working in a more cooperative manner. No longer should different consoles be at odds with each other. If it was possible, then cross-platform support would be the new name of the game, starting with a Leanboxian pioneer project that would start with the most basic of shapes, cubes, and expand from there.

A whole network of new systems would be put into place, under the constant surveillance of Histoire, the most knowledgeable oracle, but with equal input from the other three to keep it fair.

The new centralised system eased up on distribution and automated many tasks. It wasn't an easy feat, but at the end of it, everyone benefited. Gamindustri changed for the better.

And with that change, the altered CPUs and Candidates took a liking to a new type of entertainment. One that Vert already played plenty at home, but that now became more widely accepted: games of love. Games about all the things that entailed love.

"You understood that correctly, dear reader: the new venture will be eroge! :3 Which concludes my report. Histoire out! o/"

Hello once more, and for the last time for this story. Thank you very much for reading this fanfiction, I sincerely hope you enjoyed it. Now since this is a fanfic, it is of course different in various ways compared to the original game series of Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I hope you still found it interesting. And if you did not actually know Hyperdimension Neptunia beforehand, maybe this inspired you to look it up?

As is appropriate for something Neptunia-related, there are various in-jokes and obscure references across the chapters. If you understood them, that's good, and if not that's also fine. Neptunia just works like that.

Now where to go from here? Perhaps I will make a jokey bonus chapter featuring none other than the protagonist of all protagonists, Neptune herself. If I do, I will announce it via my profile as usual, of course.

Until then, please stay safe and healthy, and as always: have a nice day~

9