Chapter 30 – Visit and old faces {Edited}
6.2k 6 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How can you say that?! Armyford is without a doubt the most important arc!” exclaimed Rina.

 

“I don’t disagree with you Rina. I’m just saying that Sessrosa had a greater impact in the world of the story” countered Yurika.

 

“Obviously not! Graybeard was one of the pillars of the golden age of heroes, and the Imperials transmitted his defeat for the whole world to see. Not only that failed, but reignited the heroes passion to search for the Two Piece” argued Rina.

 

“People eventually die, and the result of that was simply the continuation of their current situation. In Sessrosa on the other hand, the defeat of Mafamingo caused a lot of people around the world to lose their source of weapons. The end of his work as an arms dealer cause a major shift in the balance of power in the world. Not to mention the impact of Mufitora transmitting his admission of blame in the name of the Imperial and protesting himself caused” passionately said Yurika.

 

Rina and Yurika continued to argue, completely immersed in their conversation and oblivious to everything else around them.

 

“...I feel a little left out” said Anna-nee.

 

“...yeah, me too” I agreed with her.

 

Looking at them discussing so passionately which arc of the manga was more important to the story, Anna-nee and I could only smile wryly in their direction.

 

Once Yurika entered our house things went very smoothly. She seemed a little shy around me, but that was most likely a result of the supposed sheltered way her father had raised her until recently.

 

That shyness wasn’t so prominent around my sisters, although still were there, as a result of them spending some time together yesterday.

 

But it was the moment we wondered about what we were gonna do that things escalated quickly.

 

“They really were like that yesterday?” I asked.

 

“Yes” answered Anna-nee.

 

“How did things end up like this?” I couldn’t help myself but ask.

 

“I already told you Taka-chan. But I myself still can’t believe it as well, so it’s not like I can blame you for asking again” sighed Anna-nee.

 

Hearing her answer, I thought back to what she said yesterday.

 

While they were chatting with each other Rina asked if they could go to Yurika’s room, but the latter was apparently reluctant to show her two acquaintances the place. Being curious about Yurika’s suspicious behavior, Rina went there secretly and end up discovering what she described as a “Treasure Room”.

 

While she didn’t describe the room, according to Anna-nee, Yurika had the biggest collection of products from one of the biggest names in the manga world she had ever seen, Two Piece.

 

Hearing that name I couldn’t stop myself from cringing a little. As someone from Earth might imagine, it’s this world version of One Piece. There was very little difference from the story on Earth besides the names and a few environments. When I saw that and compared it with my memories from Earth, I facepalmed so hard that a red mark was visible on my forehead for days.

 

Apparently, Oda was multidimensional, even if in such an awful way.

 

Anyway, leaving that unpleasant subject aside, once Rina saw that she basically bombarded Yurika with questions, opinions, and more about it and the series.

 

Initially, Yurika was mortified, apparently being very self-conscious about liking a series so much, but in no time she immersed herself in conversation with Rina. Anna-nee also liked Two Piece so she manage to have a good time with the two of them, even if she didn’t like as much as the two of them.

 

And they end up resuming a previous difference in opinion from yesterday not long after Yurika entered the house.

 

We didn’t even leave the living room yet.

 

“Aren’t you going to join them Taka-chan?” asked me Anna-nee.

 

“No” I answered.

 

“Really? But I thought that you would be eager to talk with someone else about it” questioned Anna-nee.

 

“...Yeah, a follow the series, but I feel like I might be an intruder in this conversation” I said.

 

Rina and Yurika, despite being in disagreement on this particular subject, seemed to be having fun together. Besides, I also had a small fear that I might start to talk like it was about the series that I knew back from Earth.

 

I might be reborn in a new world, but my heart would always belong to the original series.

 

As I was wondering what I should do in this situation I remembered something that I was supposed to do right around now. Immediately I looked at the time displayed on my cellphone.

 

(10:28 a.m.)

 

‘Crap! I’m almost late’

 

“Anna-nee, I just remembered that there was something I have to do. Let me know when they stop arguing” I said in a hurry.

 

“Huh? Sure but I think they...” she said.

 

I didn’t want to respond and went immediately to my room. There was something very important to do, and being late wouldn’t help me at all.

 

The moment I entered my room I turned on my computer. I counted the seconds, hoping that I would make it in time.

 

As soon as the machine was ready I executed the program, opening a window in the middle of the screen.

 

There was nothing else happening.

 

‘That’s a relief. Don’t want to be late again’

 

It’s not like something terrifyingly horrible would happen if I missed the time, it’s just that I simply disliked deeply to being late. And considering who I was going to talk, I didn’t want to make them wait.

 

A few seconds after opening the window, I received a notification asking me to authorize the call.

 

I allowed and then, the image of two young girls appeared in front of me.

 

“Hello, Taka-kun. It’s good to see you again”

 

“Hey Taka, so you didn’t make us wait this time huh?”

 

They were my cousins with whom I lived before, Aya-nee and Megu-nee.

109