Volume 2 – Chapter 65 – Returning Home
3.6k 11 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haaaah, I can’t believe that today ended like this” groaned Rina.

 

“It wasn’t that bad Rina” I tried to reassure her.

 

“It was! There was still so much that I wanted us to do Onii-chan, but then those bitches-”

 

“Rina, watch your language” said Yuria, with a dangerous edge on her voice.

 

“S-sorry mom” said Rina, turning a little meek.

 

We had just entered the family car. Yuria was taking us back home.

 

After the little confrontation that I had with those three pieces of trash the security came to handle the source of the commotion, that is all of us. Apparently, they heard something happening and were already coming our way when some of the witnesses found them and provided a very brief explanation of what happened.

 

Thanks to them already having an idea of the events those three didn’t have the chance to twist the facts in their favor. They did try, but that only made things worse for them.

 

The security did give us an explanation and an apology for why they didn’t intervene before.

 

Apparently, they were with a lack of personnel so they had to be selective with the places they position their staff, and since the lunch area had many cameras it wasn’t on their priority list to put their people.

 

They called Yuria to take us home and the parents of those other three as well. Yuria came first and neither Rina nor I were in any mood to spend more time with those pieces of trash, so we went with her as fast as we could.

 

Rina was beside me right now, obviously depressed. I also wasn’t exactly happy as well. Those three appearing out of nowhere had messed up my day with Rina, so I wasn’t exactly in the best mood either, but the two of us sulking wouldn’t bring anything good so I was trying to make Rina feel a bit better.

 

She wasn’t even looking at me, just facing down with a sad look on her face.

 

“Come on Rina, don’t be like that. The day wasn’t so bad” I said.

 

“I was looking forward to that movie” grumbled Rina.

 

“We were enjoying our shopping spree, right?” I tried again.

 

“We didn’t manage to go to the arcade” Rina grumbled more.

 

“Rina, please, don’t be like that” I said.

 

“We didn’t even manage to eat our lunch” Rina continued to grumble.

 

I had to agree on that one. Things happened so fast that our sushi was left behind. I was actually a little hungry.

 

It didn’t look like she was going to leave that depressed state any time soon.

 

‘Maybe I should try a different approach’

 

I pointed to the window on the other side of the car and...

 

“Rina look, two dogs are having sex”

 

“Wh-! Why would y-MN!”

 

...and kissed her.

 

I took advantage of her turning in my direction to complain. I was certain that she would react like that.

 

The kiss didn’t last long, just enough for me to catch her attention completely.

 

I distance myself from her a little, facing the surprised expression on her face. Her eyes were slightly widened and her mouth was flapping, trying to form words.

 

“Now, can you please look at me while I talk” I asked, putting emphasis on each word.

 

She seemed ta have finally processed what just happened, with her cheeks turning just a little red, but she still nodded at me, signalizing that she would do as I asked.

 

“As I said before, you don’t need to concern yourself with those three Rina. Despite everything, today was fun” I said.

 

“But, but we didn’t even manage to do a few things that you might like Onii-chan” said Rina, with some regret in her voice.

 

‘So she was planning to do what I like after lunch, hum?’

 

Rina could be considered when she wanted, so she probably was planning to divide the day between the things I liked and the things she liked.

 

“I was having a good time anyway. It’s funny seeing how you act so flustered deciding what to wear” I said, trying to make a little bit of fun of her.

 

Finally, she showed me a different expression from before, her cheeks inflating a little from pouting.

 

“Geez, stop making fun of me Onii-chan” complained Rina.

 

‘Okay, that’s already a little better’

 

“Okay, I’ll stop. Besides, look at the good side” I said.

 

“What possibly could be the good side of today” asked Rina skeptically, one of her eyebrows going up.

 

“You got to see e handling those three again” I said.

 

Rina stayed quiet for a few seconds, but eventually, her mouth formed a small smile.

 

“Hehe, yeah that certainly was satisfying” she said, her voice having a little more at ease than before.

 

‘Yeah, no surprise she would be happy with that’

 

I hadn’t experienced what Rina had, but from what she told they did not deserve a shred of sympathy from anyone.

 

I certainly wouldn’t show any mercy to anyone that made her sad as she had been before.

 

“So don’t be so down okay?” I asked.

 

“Mn” Rina finally relented, still having a smile on her face.

 

“And next time you want a date, you don’t need to win a bet or anything. Just ask me” I said.

 

“Okay, wait no! This wasn’t a date” said Rina, turning more red from embarrassment.

 

‘Looks like she’s back to her usual self’

 

I could not help but laugh a little from her reaction, which only made her pout more at me.

 

I put my arm around her and pulled her towards me. She tried to look annoyed but didn’t resist and rested her head on my shoulder.

 

She was barely able to hide the smile forming on her face from me.

 

I looked forward, relaxing and relieved that this was over when I noticed Yuria looking at us through the front mirror. When she noticed me looking back she looked back to the street, avoiding eye contact.

 

‘That’s odd’

 

Yuria was aware of my intentions towards Rina, so it stuck to me as a little strange that she act like that. I wasn’t hoping that she would look at us with complete approval or anything, but it almost looked like she was feeling guilty...

 

...or hurt.

 

‘Probably should talk with her about this’

 

But how should I bring the-

 

[*IMPORTANT MESSEGES ARRIVED*]

 

[Encounter with plot finished]

 

[Host didn’t recognize the plot met for the second time]

 

[Secret condition for Hidden Skill met]

 

[[Plot Detector] unlocked]

70