123 – Daddy Greyrat and the Looming Bloodshed on the Horizon
2.2k 15 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An abandoned building in the capital of the Holy Kingdom of Milis, hours after a bloody rampage that was bound to go down in history books as a massacre. An entire platoon of the knights in the Order of the Temple, cut down to the last man.

Minus one woman who had been taken hostage by the 'villains' responsible for the mess.

A beautiful knight with blonde hair and blue eyes. Someone with a striking resemblance to Zenith, the only difference being her hair style and the position of her mole.

Therese Latreia glared at Paul as she strained against her rope bindings and said, "Traitor! Heretic! I should have dragged Zenith back home the first time I found out she married an Asuran thug like you!"

Paul let out a strained smile and turned to Pierre. "She was much nicer before, I promise."

Pierre leaned against the wall and said, "Don't worry about it. You did just kill off most of her coworkers."

"Me?!" Paul held up his hands and said, "All I did was break the barrier. You're the one who actually ripped those guys apart with those flashy sword skills you stole from me."

"Which you stole from Rudy." Pierre brushed a strand of his violet hair away from his mask and then looked at Therese. "And for the record, that image you saw is fake. Your lovely nephew is actually the reincarnation of Saint Milis and has created a Holy Kingdom in the Magic Continent to shelter victims."

Therese scoffed. "As if I would believe a bloodthirsty Demon like you!"

Paul looked at Pierre and said, "Told you that people would think you're suspicious with that mask."

Pierre sighed and said, "And I told Lina that it wasn't a good idea. But now I'm stuck with it."

"Can't you just take it off?"

"It depends. Are you willing to fend off all the women who will flock over us again?"

"...Oh. Right. Forgot that you're a handsome bastard underneath there."

Therese spat on the ground and said, "Is this just some joke to you?! You killed people! Innocent people!" She strained against the ropes holding her and then glared at Pierre.

Pierre crossed his arms and said, "Of course it isn't a joke. But it's for the greater good."

"Reaaally not sounding like the good guys here, Pierre."

Pierre shrugged. "We're fighting against the Human God, so we technically aren't in the first place. Though he's also technically just a pretender who doesn't really care for humanity in the first place..."

"Human God?" Therese frowned. "What in Milis's name are you rambling about?"

Paul waved his hand and said, "Don't worry about it Riri."

"Do *not* call me that."

"...Huh." Paul scratched his head and muttered, "You really do look like Zenny." After that, he sighed and said, "Man I miss her and Lily."

Pierre nodded and pulled out a small crystal orb from his pocket. "Just make sure to not cheat before they get back. Pretty sure your sword's going to rust from disuse afterwards if you do."

Paul chuckled. "Obviously. Besides, I'd die of guilt from seeing Norn's face first."

"You mean from Eris smacking you in the head with a flaming punch."

"And that." Paul nodded and then paused. "Hold on." He tilted his head and said, "Did you say that Rudy was the reincarnation of Saint Milis? And that he established a Holy Kingdom in the Magic Continent? I thought that he was-"

"Orsted. Can you hear me?"

Paul clicked his tongue. "Ignoring me again huh. You're just like Rudy, I swear... Aaand now I'm missing the kid again."

Pierre ignored Paul and focused on staring into the crystal.

A golden light flickered on it before fading and revealing a projecting of Orsted standing in a throne room.

"I can hear you."

Therese's eyes widened. "Orsted? The Dragon God? I-Is it true then...? Are the Demons and Dragons teaming up to extinguish humanity?"

Orsted paused and then glanced over at Therese.

She flinched but stared back with a defiant glare.

Orsted tilted his head and looked at Paul. "Did you find your wives already?"

Paul sighed. "I wish. That's Therese, my sister-in-law-"

"Not if I get the Pope to annul the marriage, I'm not!"

Pierre turned back to look at her and then said, "Paul. Hold this for a second."

"Hm? Sure. But why-"

A flash of silver light. A brief gasp. And then Therese slumped over unconscious.

"...Oi." Paul glared at Pierre and said, "You didn't kill her, right?"

"How many times do I have to say it today?" Pierre sighed and said, "I might be a villain, but I'm not a bad guy. She's just unconscious after I pressed some pressure points."

Paul blinked. "Pressure points you say? Tell me more..."

"Ask your son. I'm sure he's figured them out already."

Paul frowned. "You see, you keep bringing Rudy up. I get that you're his grandfather-in-law, but you seem a bit too close to my son..."

Orsted furrowed his brow and said, "If you two are just going to waste time-"

"Hold on." Pierre grabbed the crystal back and said, "Sorry about that, Orsted. But preparations on this side are completed. And we've confirmed that Hitogami has turned the Anti-Demon faction against the Pope and hidden him away while acting with impunity in his name. Also that Hitogami is trying to paint Rudy as the reincarnation of Laplace by showcasing an image from a Distortion with a man that looks like him."

Orsted was silent and then nodded. "I see." He tilted his head and said, "It will be troublesome if Milis decides to send forces to Asura Kingdom. Ariel is still young. Even with my backing, the First Prince and the Prime Minister hold a great deal of sway."

Paul frowned and said, "Can't you just take her into one of those Distortion places and pop her out older? That's what Ghyslaine and I did with Eris and Norn to make them stronger."

Pierre facepalmed and said, "Military and political power does not work like that, Paul."

"Worked for me when those nosy Notos and Boreas bastards thought they could touch my daughter-in-law."

"That's because-" Pierre let out a deep sigh. "Never mind." He looked back at Orsted and said, "The image wasn't broadcasted there, was it?"

Orsted smirked. "Of course not. Being W's authority cannot reach the entirety of the Central Continent now."

Paul whistled and said, "That's impressive. Did you manage to finish setting up the barriers then?"

"Indeed. Along with teleportation circles." Orsted paused and looked at Pierre. "...Though I still wonder how you knew the formations, Pierre. Perugius keeps them close to his chest in every loop I have run."

"Magic."

Paul scoffed.

Pierre chuckled and said, "In any case... We'll work on things here until our star actor walks onto the stage."

Paul paused and said, "Wait. I thought we were just coming here to take names and kick ass before heading back? I'm supposed to attend Aisha's enrollment ceremony at the Ranoa Magic University at the end of the month."

Pierre stared at Paul.

Paul stared back. "What?"

"Paul. You are a Sword God."

"Yeah? And?"

"You are a Sword God because you developed the *SPACE* sword."

"Right. So-" He paused. "...Wait. I can cut space to-"

"YES." Pierre facepalmed and said, "Good god. How did I manage to dodge inheriting the stupid?"

"Because you aren't a real Greyrat, duh."

"...I'll give you an update later, Orsted. Until then, keep on doing you."

"Of course. And when you have the time, tell Perugius to stay neutral unless he wants to end it early."

"...Sure."

With that, Pierre ended the connection. And right after, he sighed, saying, "Sibling rivalry can get ugly, huh?"

Paul nodded. "Speaking from personal experience with Pilemon... Yes. Though it was more one-sided there."

"Then you should start praying that your daughters don't fight over their big brother when they all meet up."

Paul laughed. "You mean make a prayer for Rudy."

"Yes. I think he'll need it soon enough."

-RNG-

I felt a shiver run down my spine and glanced out the window at the night sky.

"Is something the matter?" Enoch stared at me, her brows furrowed.

"Yeah." Eos nodded and said, "You see something in the distance?"

I frowned and focused my Clairvoyance Demon Eye in the direction I felt that weird shiver.

Sweeping terrain. Night turning to day as my vision crossed the seas and focused on the source of that weird feeling.

Just like Goo*le E*rth or playing G*oguesser, I could see the streets and outside of buildings but I still wasn't skilled enough to look through walls and stuff.

Also because this world was flat instead of curved and just somehow looped at the edges of the world.

...That gave me *so* many questions, but it wasn't important.

Instead...

The Holy Kingdom of Milis. One founded by a Saint who used his magic to create a utopia for his people and keep monsters at bay. Someone who I was greatly inspired by to do the same here... is what I would like to say. But it was more like a reputation I picked up after rescuing Milis followers who were convinced that my ability to do what Milis did meant I was his reincarnation.

But anyway, it seemed the weird feeling came from Milis. And when I looked at it... I saw why.

People storming bloodstained streets and arguing with knights. A few adventurers breaking into buildings to drag out people kept in collars. And by people, I meant 'humans' mostly, unlike the demon/beastfolk slaves that would be expected.

I blinked, turning my vision back to normal. After that, I frowned and muttered, "Mom and Mama Lily better not be in that mess."

If Being W had somehow dropped them there and they were being held as slaves...

No. Think positive, Rudy. You can't be an edgelord. The path of an edgelord is one to powers people think most unnatural, but it also makes you cringe. You don't want to be cringe, especially not after meeting up with Sylphy and Eris. Sylphy and Eris who both love you very much and have compromised to share because of it.

Right. So it'll be fine.

For now, stick to the plan.

I shook my head and looked back at Enoch and Eos.

We were in my office. Today, thankfully, Sylphy and Eris weren't here. Instead, they were having a girl's night out with Rika, Kishirika, and my baby sisters.

...Well, technically baby sister and younger sister.

That was going to take some getting used to.

Or was it? People still called their baby sisters like that when they got older, didn't they?

And-

Wait. I'm monologuing again.

Goddammit.

I looked over at Enoch and Eos and said, "You know that you can interrupt me if I do that, right?"

Enoch shook her head and said, "But I don't want to interrupt Daddy when you're thinking."

A faint shudder down my spine. And not pleasure. "...Please don't call me that, Enoch."

"But we aren't in public, and Daddy never lets me call you Daddy." Enoch pouted and crossed her arms beneath her chest, almost causing the straps holding her assets in to snap. "I've been a good and 'proper' girl like you asked too!"

Eos nodded and said, "What Sis said. And it's not fair. You've been spending all your time with Stella instead of us. And now that those two are here, you've been spending even less time." She adjusted her glasses and frowned. "...I get that Father is an important figure and busy, but some attention would be nice..."

I did my best to keep a straight face and nodded. "Then I'll spend the next few days with you two. Promise. I need to go check up on a few things anyway, so how about we take a trip together?"

"Really?" Enoch let out a bright smile and then ran over to hug me. "Thank you, Daddy!"

"*PLEASE* don't call me that. Especially when you're pressing your chest against my arm."

Eos nodded and adjusted her glasses. "Yes, Sis. That's reserved for our new Mothers."

"Aw..." Enoch pouted and stepped back. "Fine..."

I took a deep breath and counted back from ten in my head.

...Goddammit. I *knew* I shouldn't have tried using my blood as a catalyst to summon a spirit. Freaking people calling me a god made me do a divine act of creation instead of normal summoning...

68