CHAPTER 3-NEW LIFE
44 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kit gathered everyone near him when he returned from speaking with the High Elves.

After everyone, including his family, had gathered in one spot.

Kit began to explain what was going on in the world, but he did not reveal that he had received the information from the High Elves.

As Kit continue to explain.

His Father stood up and walk towards him.

"Son is this what you're saying are true."

"Yes, why would I lie in times like this."

"Then I believed in you."

My father said as he smiled at me.

"I also believed in you Kit."

My Mother added as she stood behind my Father.

"Hey! even if he is your son, you shouldn't believe anything he tells you."

A bearded middle aged man with a sly expression shouted.

I glance at him with a cold gaze, but didn't say anything.

'I knew something like this would happened normally.'

"Are you all really going to believe what this kid said?"

'I'm already 22.' I muttered inside my head while staring at him speaking to everyone.

"I will introduce myself first, I am Ron Ejellan.

I am once a team leader of a rescue team.

I will all make you all safe, so everyone please listen.

Rather of listening to this kid's nonsense, we should first look for some refuge.

In times like this, time is the most valuable commodity.

So, if anyone wants to accompany me instead of paying attention to this kid, we'll leave here in an hour and walk to the city center.."

People began to agree with the man as he spoke, and I didn't object to his statements since I was confident that there would be those who agreed with him.

One hour later...

"Mr. and Mrs.Rixton are you sure you won't be coming with us?"

"No, I'm sorry Mr.Ejellan, are son said that we should stay here a little longer.

"Then there's nothing I can do but wish you luck with your plans.."

"Thank you Mr.Ejellan."

As Ejellan left with the other people only three of us remained. 'Or four.'

A black haired girl, wearing a hooded jacket while crossing his arms was staring at my direction.

"Um... Please excuse me, but why didn't you join them?"

I questioned the girl while making a kind smile on my face.

"Why? Isn't it true that I get to choose which side I want to be on?"

"Ah. yes of course."

I said while making an awkward expression.

One of the reason why I didn't argue with Ejellan up to then was that to lessen the numbers of people around me, and I thought all of them will follow him.

"So what are you planning to do now son?"

I turned around when I heard a female voice behind my back; it was my mother, and behind him was my father, who was expressing the same query that my mother had asked.

"I think we should eat first."

"What about the food?"

Asked by the hooded girl.

"They're here." I grinned as a gold halo, or should I say teleportation gate, appeared in the distance. A guy with golden hair and pointed ears stepped out of the gate with a bright smile, followed by several High Elves bringing various utensils and food.

The people around me seems to be shock by the sudden scene.

The girl wearing a hoodie couldn't helped but drop her jaw.

"We will prepare it right away my lord."

Said by Ailmon while bowing his head in front of me.

And then a large round table carried by four High Elves was placed before us, followed by different kinds of foods.

"There are four of us eating, so be sure that the food you prepare can accommodate four people."

Ailmon didn't seem to notice tha people behind me as he glance at my back, and answered.

"As you wish."

While the High Elves are preparing our meal...

"Son can you explain what's happening right now?"

My mother asked in a low voice so that only four of us could here.

The hooded girl also looked at me with a shocking gaze.

"They are my servants." I replied with a smile on my face.

"Can you explain on what you mean by that." my mother muttered in a confused tone.

"We should eat first, and I'll explain it to you."

As we sat, I was taken aback by the food they had prepared; I had expected a variety of veggies, as Elves only eat green stuff, but there was also meat.

As we began to dine quietly...

Behind my back, the High Elves walk.

I cast a peek around the table at the people who are eating with me.

They appear to be bothered by the atmosphere, as seen by their constant shifting of focus to me and the High Elves behind me.

"Ahem..." My father seems couldn't withstand the mood as he let out sa fake cough.

But I was surprised my father wasn't the first one to talk.

"You said other humans had change race right? So what race are you?"

Asked by the girl wearing a hoodie while focusing her gaze on me.

My parents also stopped eating and stare at my direction.

"Before I answer your question, what's your name?"

"Kate." She answered nonchalantly, while still focusing her gaze on me.

"A Dragon." I respond with a calm expression.

"Huh...?" Kate muttered as he looked at me with a blank expression.

"Then shouldn't you be at least 20 meters tall, with a giant body and a lizard face, if you're a dragon?"

'It feels weird the High Elves behind me should've react by her statement insulting a dragon just now.'

I turned my head to glance at the High Elves behind me as I was thinking about this, but they appeared to be unfazed.

As a result, I decided to disregard it.

"Dragons have human form too."

I said towards the girl staring at me.

"So, is that why the reason your appearance had change quite a bit son?"

My Mother interjected.

"Yes." I nonchalantly responded.

"Could you help explain who those people are who are following you? Also, could you maybe clarify what you mean by 'servants'?"

My Father asked while calmly looking at me.

And then I began to give an explanation of what happened while I was trying to find some food.

After I finished speaking a moment of quiet came down.

My Mother seems to be the first one understand everything as she started to speak.

"So what will you do now?" She asked with a calm gaze

"I still need more time to finalized my plan.

So we will stay here for a few hours."

After we finished eating.

I walk towards Ailmon.

He bowed he's head politely after seeing me.

"Have you carried out the command I gave you regarding humans?" I asked without looking at him.

"Yes my Lord, but it will take quite a lot of time to locate where all the humans are staying right now.

So I asked for your patience."

"Good." I respond nonchalantly while focusing my sight around me.

I begin to think of all the events happened starting yesterday until now.

"A Dragon huh..." I mumbled in a low voice as I turned my head towards the sky with a smile, and made up my decision.

'I guess I should live as one.'

I moved my eyes from the sky towards the environment around me, and muttered.

"But how am I supposed to use magic?"

Just when I was waiting for a text reply from the system.

I heard a voice inside my head.

- Dragons are omnipotent beings.

They are specialized in both destruction and creation.

Only when you have dragon blood inside your body can you learn dragon magic.

I started to listen on everything it's saying while understanding everything it said.

- If other creatures perform magic by gathering mana and focusing their consciousness.

Dragons are simple but unique; all they do is gather mana and visualize anything they want for it to manifest.

- Mana are everywhere, it's just that dragons can absorb much larger amout of it, than anyone else.

As the voice said.

I gathered mana around my hand and imagine a ball of fire.

On top of my hand, a red light began to twinkle, followed by bright red specks, till it eventually grew into a fiery red ball.

And suddenly a text appeared infront of me.

I quickly scattered the mana surrounding my hand and fire quickly disappeared.

[Other main skills that are needed to learn:

- Dragon breath.

- Dragon tongue.]

I feel as though I understand what the system says.

I inquired about how to use dragon's breath right away, and a voice began to talk in my thoughts.

- The breath of a dragon is a symbol of destruction and terror for other creatures.

With only one breath, a fully grown adult Dragon can destroy a whole city.

- Dragon's breath can be use by gathering a huge quantity of mana inside the body...

As the sun goes down, I felt dizzy because of all the information in my head.

I now learned all things that a Dragon should know.

I looked at the text in front of me.

[The person has now learned everything a dragon should know.]

[Starting to remove the system]

-1%, 2%, 30%, 65%, ...98%, 99%, 100%

With that the system quickly vanished in front of me

'I guess that's it.'

Suddenly, a loud explosion occurred in the distance where my family was staying.

I quickly stood up and started to flew towards the noise in a hurry.

By the time I arrived.

The scene in front of me astounded me.

Ailmon was fighting a man and behind him was my family and Kate, while the other High Elves were fighting people who wore a dark cloak that covered their entire body from head to toe.

Just then a red spear flew towards the direction where my parents are.

I immediately created a barrier surrounding them.

With a loud crash, dust scattered all around.

I shifted my gaze to the person who threw the spear.

I saw a person with a smile only visible on its face.

But it's the two noticeable fangs on its lips that caught my attention.

'Vampires'

The looks on my face gradually became serious.

As the dust subsided I saw my family.

I was relieved to learn that they were unharmed, and the barrier I built appears to be also in a perfect condition.

Kate and my family appeared to be aware of the translucent wall that surrounded them as they stared up at me in awe.

The man fighting against Ailmon seemed to be shock of it too as he peek at us with a solemn face.

I returned my sight to the person who had thrown the spear and used blink magic.

I immediately arrived behind the person and pulled off its cloak.

With a 'swoosh' sound, I saw was a young girl with a beautiful appearance.

Her flesh began to burn as she was exposed to the sun, and the girl cried, "Aaaah...!"

"They are, in fact, vampires."

I muttered in a low voice.

Despite the fact that the sun was not as bright as it had been, it nonetheless penetrated her.

The girl turned around to see a man with golden hair and pupils standing behind her.

"You-!"

As she glanced at him, she immediately shut her mouth, she felt a strong sense of dread.

She used her blood magic right away and created a dozen blood spears.

She planned on using this spears to distract his attention and quickly escape where the sunlight cannot reach.

As the spears flew in my direction, I saw the girl escaping towards an abandoned building that hadn't been destroyed.

I cast a barrier in front of me right away.

With a loud noice of the barrier and spears crassing, I used blink and arrived in front of the fleeing Vampire.

The Vampire had a wide eyes as I arrived in front of her.

I swing my hand in front of her in a diagonal motion as I gather mana and picture a blade composed of light in my hand during this unexpected opportunity.

With a 'slash' sound, the girl disintegrated into ashes leaving no trace.

2