Rise of the Undead king part 3
157 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why does she look at me like that? I can't eat it when you look at me in that way.

‘Whould youh mindth durning amway?’

It's very hard to talk with a finger inside of your mouth.

'What are you saying?' she asked while retracting her finger and wiping quickly wiping the tears from her face.

'It doesn't matter'. I tried to move, my body won't respond. it feels like it's still asleep. 'You're lucky my body is num, otherwise',

'You're right I'm the luckiest girl in the world.' She jumped up smiling, doing a little twirl away from me. As she saw her surroundings and came to it was in an instant that she remembered. 'however happy I am, it is time to get out of here. These woods are relatively safe, but you never know what might have wandered in.

The moon stood high shimmering above the leafless branches of the surrounding trees. Protecting us from any unwanted eyes. The forest wasn't unsafe like the ones on the border, but still, no forest was completely safe.

'Can you stand Jacob?'

As I tried to move, my body simply refused to cooperate. the feeling of awareness in my limbs was coming back to me slowly, extremely slowly.

I could not feel it but I saw my finger was moving. 'I can't.'

'Well, I suppose you just died so it's no surprise you have difficulty moving. Ummm, let me think...It seems we will be here a while and you will probably get hungry. I wouldn't want that to happen.’ She spoke as if nothing had happened just now, my back was getting moist form the dirt under me and she looked at me with the tiniest hint of fear in her eyes, finishin what she was saying with ‘Could get ugly you see.'

She looked me over lingering her gaze had my chest. ‘We should look at your chest wound and see if we can treat it.'

Wait what wound? I tried to look at my chest and indeed. There it was. How did I not notice? Where is the pain? 'You don't feel it’

She looked at me. ‘How fortunate.’

My head seemed to be working pretty fine already. ‘I presume, we should bandage it, we should before it gets infected.'

The woman who had just a moment ago slashed me across the chest opened her bag taking a small bottle and bandages out of it. She was more a girl than a woman really.

'Sit still, o wait...'

She applied the liquids of the bottle very carefully as to not waste any of the fluid. It had a strong alcoholic scent mixed with something else. When she was finished applying it, she lifted my upper body with care to bandage the wound. During this, she was rather close, and again that wonderful smell infiltrated my nostrils. 'Why does she smell so good?'

'What did you say?'

I didn't mean to say it, the thought had left my mouth before I noticed. 'Why do you smell so good?'

She looked at me with a faint smile, this time I was able to see her violet eyes again.  

'You must be getting hungry.'

 

What?

6