Rise of the Undead king part 4
121 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'You know getting hungry, in the sense of wanting to eat.’

Something like question marks must have appeared in eyes because the questions were written all around my face I’m sure. But I kept on listening 'It's true I didn't expect you to get hungry this quickly, but that's probably it'

No real answers, 'Um, what did you do to me?'

'I killed you and brought you back to life. What does that sound like?'

It left her mouth easily, but her face lost some of its beauty in grief.

'I'm undead?' again the thought went unchecked jumping from my mouth.

'Yes pretty much so, even though your body seems to be a bit confused about it. That mind of yours is as fast as ever'

We were both breathing the stale air thoughts were rising to the surface of my mind and the clearest was a concern. 'Please, so now I have to eat human flesh?'

She seemed to shrink 'Yes and no, flesh, in general, will be good enough, but humanoid flesh might sate your hunger for longer.’

I was just giving it all a place, my head in the dirt, gazing at the stars and cursing my self for following her. 'Well, I'm not eating humans'.

I felt her hand touch my leg 'Don't worry I will take care of you, as you take care of me' my gaze from the stars to her made a feeling rise as I saw her smile again. There was a small pause in ecerything it seemed. She broke it, 'So let me start by getting you some food.' She opened her bag again, pulling a rabbit out of it just like a magician might, this rabbit was dead though...

'I sort of stole this from the kitchen, our hunter caught it this morning, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't tell what happened here to anyone.'

'how, could I ever tell anyone about any of this?' is she joking?

She appeared to be serious in the way she looked at me with that guilt-conscious gaze of hers.

'sure, I won't tell anyone.'

'Thank you, and that's a promise you know. Since we are still in a blood circle.'

This devious b****. She is right, any magical circle has a small amount of lingering roque energy. Which love nothing more than a promise to bind to. We were now bonded. In a blood circle of all possible ones. This is ridiculous, how could she be so... Aghh! I don't even have the words for it.

'As you know we are now bonded by faith, bad things happen when you don't hold up to such a promise. You know that, right?'

'I do, but still, that was dirty.'

'I know, I had to make sure in some way, and I have a snack for you, so that makes us sort of even.'

My face was grumpier than it would ever be after this moment 'You are way too spoiled'

'Ah there he is, I was wondering why you were so distant, call me Vel again.'

4