Rise of the Undead king part 8
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning came swiftly. And I heard some noise coming from the other bed in the room.

It must be Malanda who is getting ready. She didn't like it when we woke up at the same time. Often she would be changing her clothes or washing behind a screen, but still, she felt uncomfortable if I was there. So I tried to sleep just a little more.

When I woke again Malanda was gone and the rooster from down town was going crazy.

What an awful way to wake up. A fuzzy feeling came to my head. Maybe it was all a dream. While thinking this I stepped out of bed, walking down the stairs in my pajamas towards the kitchen.

I saw Vel already sitting at the dinner table reading a large book with a bowl beside her. 'Good morning' she says as I walk in.

'Good morning' I sat down across her.

Malanda came into the kitchen and looked at me. 'Do you two know anything about the rabbit that William shot for us.' 

She looked at me with a piercing gaze. But I simply could not crack before her, so I looked down a bit.

'No, sorry Malanda I wouldn't know.'

'You really don't know?'

If he doesn't know Malanda he doesn't. I'm sorry, but let poor Jacob wake up first.'

'You are right lady Vel excuse me.'

She looked at me again and traded her piercing gaze in for a face bearing concern.

'You look a bit pale Jacob are you alright, you were moving quite a bit in your sleep'.

I didn't feel bad in the slightest so I made something up.

'Must have been a bad dream but I don't remember it'

'Ah I'm sorry dear, just make sure you eat properly, it might help you get you fired up for today.'

Sure thanks Malanda, as I wanted to grab the bread, Vel said:

'should you not eat something else?' 

'What do you mean?'

Malandra went on: 'Ow yes of course the diet' and she grabbed what seemed to be the leg of a pig and dropped it in front of me.

'I must say that it is rather strange, but if master Blevulpus says it's for your health you better eat up. You want to grow taller than Vel right?'

The lump of flesh landed in front of me. I was just shocked, this was a reality check.

I'm quite sure again, that what happened yesterday was not a dream.

'Umm, well thanks Malanda, I appreciate that.'

'No thanks to me, thank Master Blevulpus he told me about your diet.'

'Ah, I'll make sure I do when he gets back.'

After this Malanda went upstairs to do some chores.

To be honest, the large lump of flesh before me looked pretty good and what was starting to irritate me was the smell, why does it always smell amazing. 

So I tried to hold back and repress the urge to jump it like a beast. I got up and grabbed myself some cutlery. Then I sat back down and started my meal eating it as neatly as possible, while I was doing this,

I sometimes looking at Vel, she was reading a large book with texts and drawings I couldn't understand. She went through the thing with some pace, occasionally eating out of her bowl. After I finished my lump she closed her book 'So Jacob are you ready for today?'

'I think so' 

she looked me up and down a bit.

.

.

'That's peculiar.'

2