Rise of the Undead king part 11
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was interested in what she had to say, taking a seat on her bed.

'Well for starters, the story states that after the ritual, his skin was cold as ice, he had no heartbeat and his wounds wouldn't heal on their own.' 

She stood up and walked over to me, placing her palm on my forehead.

To be honest it made me feel a little uncomfortable. 'I see' she said moving her hand over my cheek to my heart.

'That is unheard of' I felt her hand on my chest and a sort of warmth was rising to my head. 'Why does it beat so fast though?'

'Well, we know about the wound so I won't have to do anything to you on that subject.

Still, it is very strange.'

She removed her hand and walked away noticeably thinking about what she just confirmed.

'Umm. Vel you mind telling me what is strange.'

'You don't seem to be undead at all, your heart just beats a little faster than normal.'

'Are you sure this isn't just normal, like you said it was your first time doing the ritual?'

'No, I'm sure that all the undead share something called corpse factors. This would often translate in cold skin, and no heartbeat among other things.'

'And you are saying I don't possess any of them, but I'm still undead.' She was obviously confused and I was too.

This was all kinds of crazy.

'I don't wanna hurt you again, so we will wait for my father to perform the alchemical tests on you.'

'Wait why would you run alchemical tests on me?'

A door opened downstairs and the voice of master Blevulpus resonated between the walls.'Cravelia, Jacob I'm home!.'

We didn't hear him going up the stairs, suddenly his voice was very close. He had placed himself in front of the door of Vel's room. 'Ughum, you too aren't doing anything indesent in there are you?'

Master Blevulpus sounded a little weak when he said those words. When I looked at Vel, her cheeks had become red and she seemed irritated. 'No father, we just finished, some physical tests that is.'

'Ah I see then I'll come in' and the long slender figure of Master Blevulpus entered the room. 

'Has it been to your liking in the west father?' 

'No Vel, it hasn't, something is at work there. I can't say what yet and I won't go into the details with you. After this I will be going again. So let's make haste and go to the basement.'

2