Rise of the Undead king part 14
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He took it from her, ' I'm sorry, I forgot you didn't like her.'

The Roslan-thorn looks like a grey flower stem with about 3 thorns the size of my pinkie.
Master took one of the thorns a put it in a grinder working it until it was fully powdered.

'Jacob this will be as unpleasant as it gets, I need you to put your nose into this bowl and sniff as much of it as you possibly can.'

I don't even have to say it, but this was my first time sniffing anything.
It's necessary to make you more susceptible to the identification spell I'm about to use on you.
I listened and took the biggest snorts of snorts I've ever taken after which I could only make one sound, the sound of a man dying from a heart attack. 

I wanted to sneeze or cough, but master swiftly held my nose closed and covered my mouth while speaking with a devilish tongue.
I felt a burning sensation moving all through my body and heatwaves leaving my ears. It wasn't painless, but it felt like removing a splinter. It felt necessary. What seemed to be five seconds was in reality, 20 minutes. And I almost couldn't believe him when he told me.

'Jacob, the two of us have sensed the non-compatible magic within you had disappeared. We thought it was a side effect of the ritual you too performed. I know about this because I helped create this ritual, don't worry about it, and don't comment on that.

This was the safest way to discover what changed within you. Firstly, I want to say that you don't seem to be entirely undead, your heart still beats for some reason.'

He looked at Vel for a second.

'As long as it keeps beating you will keep aging, but slower than normal people. Besides that, you can eat normal food as well, but still, need to eat two pounds of flesh every week. This is linked to the rapid healing of your wounds. The volatile magic from before has changed into some kind of healing energy, you sustain this by consuming flesh. To close it off you seem to have become a bit more resilient and stronger, but you can still feel harsh pain and break bones. So be careful.'

'Could you write it down master, that was quite a lot'

'I'm sure Vel remembers it all, and you know the important parts, I will be going now.'

'Good luck father, we will be okay.'

1