Rise of the Undead king part 16
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon I saw Vel coming to the front door as well, she put on a more luxurious coat. Mine was plain dark green and reached over my hips. Hers was long and black with white details added on her shoulders and purple ones in her collar. She would wear a purple scarf too, made from wool, just like my black one. Her gloves were thinner than mine, they made sure her hands remained feminine.

'All done, where did you plan on going?'

'I wanted to go to the lake, I'm curious if the old man has caught anything.'

'Ah the fisherman, sure let's ask he might have caught something interesting.'

We stepped outside, went through the gate, and made our way through town, to the lake the one where our town is built around. The streets were quite busy for a Tuesday, so we went past lots of people, many of them knew Vel. She was the daughter of a highly accomplished wizard after all. Luckily this had something intimidating as well. People didn't often stop her for a chat. And she liked it that way.

We went past some shops and Vel stopped suddenly. 'Wow that is a very pretty dress, don't you think so?' She was looking at something out of a fairytale and I wasn't sure if that dress was magical or not, but for the price of it. It probably should be. The dress was a midnight blue, with sparkling details of light gold, seemingly making the slim part of the dress integrate flawlessly with the wider part from the back of it.

I was caught off guard, so I just said the first thing that came to mind. 'I think you would look beautiful in it.'

My face went red in an instant after I realized what I said.

She gave me a look I had never seen before,

'I see, so you do think I can be beautiful, that is quite interesting Jacob.' She walked away.

I stood there for a little while, thinking of how I messed up and how to give it a clever spin. I simply couldn't, everything would sound stupid.

I ran after her for a bit to catch up.

'Ah there you are, were you daydreaming or something.'

'Something like that.'

'It's quite cold to be standing still don't you think.'

I didn't feel cold in the slightest

'I don't think it's that cold'

'Wait, feel my hands they are freezing'

'I grabbed her hands in both of mine.'

Her hands were so delicate and small in mine, and this time very cold.

2