Rise of the undead king part 17
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Jacob it's so unfair that I should suffer under this cold, and you are standing unfaced by it.'

'I can't argue with that, but I don't see how I can keep both your hands warm as we walk. Wait you can wear my gloves over your own.'

I thought it was very smart, but she gave me a look which said you are hopeless.

She took my offer and put on my gloves after a little while she smiled as she looked at them. 'They are pretty comfy actually.'

I looked at her and smiled, it made me happy when she smiled. When I returned my gaze forward, 'ah, there he is.' We saw a small man wrapped in a blanked, sitting on a chair at the side of the lake. Fishing rod in hand.

As we came closer, he seemed to notice us.

'Jacob good to see you! Ow and you brought Vel, what a nice surprise

He must have really liked us coming by because he was smiling from ear to ear.

'Hey old man, did you catch anything today'

'Just an old shoe and some small fry'

Vel looked at him with pity.

'Ah, tough luck then, I'm sorry to hear that.'

This hurt me a little as well, the old man was already very thin so it might make his health worse.

'Anything we could do to help you?'

'No, no, no, Jacob you know I don't want your help. I appreciate your concern but let the old get old. You youngster should focus on yourselves since it isn't easy to get old.'

Vel gave me a little look, which said "if he only knew".

'Okay old man, but you never except it. And it can't be that you got this old by refusing help all the time.'

He looked at me with a serious face.

'Jacob, some advice. People don't help for free. There is always a catch, especially when they have enough. Of course, you two are exceptions. And I like to be stubborn, it's one of my last pleasures.'

After he said that he sounded more like a sad old man then a grumpy one.

But it was nice to see him doing quite well for his standards.

The sun was setting already. 'Should you not be going it will be dark soon.' Vel said.

'You’re right child, but I think if I will sit here just a little longer, then I will catch something really good.'

Vel looked at him, again with the same face of pity, he didn't seem to notice.

'Well, good luck old man, we'll see ya.'

Vel waved to him as we went. It was common for him to sit there, even in the dead of night.

2