Rise of the Undead king part 21
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Umm...normally yes, it will knock some years of your life expectancy, but for my family that was worth it and we developed some resistance to it which allows us to use very little of it with a lower cost.'

I looked at her as if she was talking nonsense, it just seemed strange to me.

'Normally you say, so this does not apply to me?' I asked.

She chuckled a bit and told me with an innocent voice.

'I suppose, I really don't know if that is the case.'

One little sip wouldn't hurt right? I'm undead so I don't have a life expectancy.

'I leave the choice to you.' Is the last thing I hear before I grabbed one of the cups, and I would be lying when I said that I didn't feel any fear for what was going to happen next. The last time I took a amplifier was just a couple hours ago and it wasn't very pleasant. I took one little sip. It tasted extraordinarily bitter, this must be the worst tea I ever had.

'Is that enough'

she laughed a little this time it seemed to be from surprise and a little shock was written on her face.

'You actually did it, you're braver then you look. And yes that should do it.' She said.

I closed my eyes again and the colors seemed just a little brighter. The way they moved changed only a little bit. The green and grey spots came closer touching just slightly and they flowed into each other just a little bit. I was unable to mix them any further then that, they were still separate colors, only the little part that touched seemed to be joined.

'I got a little bit to mix!'

She giggled.

'That's amazing Jacob, but I have to admit something. I didn't put anything in the tea, there isn't anything like that on this continent, I made it up.'

I was a bit shocked at how easily I was fooled. She is to good at playing me.

'But why was the tea so nasty then?'

Her eyes went wide for a second and she quickly turned away while she must have noticed her face was turning red. I heard her voice reduced to a whisper. 'you’re so mean, I made it myself.'

I know it was mean, but how can you mess up tea. She was hopeless and I couldn't suppress a little laugh of my own.

'Don't worry Vel you're already good at so many other things, let me be the one who makes the tea, I'm your servant after all.'

She was actually kind of cute like this and I don’t get to see her like this that often, I took it all in gratefully.

Her head turned to me again, she still seemed embarrassed saying. 'But tea should be easy to make.'

Now I couldn’t hold in a smile of my own and could confirm. 'So you really didn't do it on purpose. Damn Vel. I really should be making the tea, but to be honest. if it was good, I wonder if I would have believed you.'

Her eyes went wide as if I had offended her, wel maybe I had. She raised her voice a bit to make a point. 'Ow you would, no doubt about it. I know you Jacob.'

She lost a bit of her fluster and seemed to be getting a bit angry.

'Okay, okay, I don't want you to get angry. You're amazing Vel, it's just nice to know you're not amazing at everything.'

2