Rise of the Undead king part 22
21 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took the plate with the cups, stood up and went to the door to leave. Her voice rose into the air.

'Jacob, you are amazing as well, you know that right?'

I froze for a bit, why would I be amazing? Looking over my shoulder she was still sitting on the ground. And she went on 'If you manage to gain some control on your magic. My father might allow you to join me at the academy after the break. I would like that you know.'

This was a little to much. Me going to the academy?

'I'm sorry Vel, I don't know.' Leaving through the door, maybe I should have stayed.

I didn’t, I went downstairs. On my way down thinking.
Was she telling the truth? I really want to believe her, o man I do. But it's so easy for her to toy with me. It didn't seem like she was lying, but it never does. Would she really think I'm amazing, what reasons does she have to think that?

I was walking into the kitchen as Malanda was busy with her embroidery, making a rose. She looked up, 'ah Jacob is everything alright?'

Instantly I was out of my internal debate, and for a second I thought of asking Malanda for help. Deciding against it at the last moment.

'Yes Malanda, it seems like I have magic.’

Her face shifted to one filled with amazement. 'Truly? That is marvellous, I suppose you want to join the academy now, just like Vel'.

This struck something in me and I decided to ask her something else.

'Do you think I can?'

She didn't expect this it seemed as she shrugged a bit.

'What a silly boy you are Jacob, come here and sit with me.'

I put the plate down on the table and sat next to her. She shoved her chair closer to mine and put her arms around me. 'Sometimes it's hard being young isn't it?

I didn't answer, but I did need a hug and my head seemed to nod on its own.

'Jacob, you are just enough. You are a smart boy, healthy and quite handsome. Don't be so harsh on yourself. Of course, you can join the Academy, but it's hard work.' I felt it in the way she held me, she really cared and meant what she said.

I smiled a bit, 'thanks Malanda, that's sweet of you'.

Malanda wouldn’t let me off that easy. 'I believe in you and there is not a soul in this house who doesn't. So if you choose to go, we will all support you.'

'I will think about it.'

Before I came here, Malanda did everything in and around the house on her own. She has a thing for Master, but I think it is largely made up of great respect. After our conversation, I cleaned the plate and cups and put them away. After that I walked upstairs again and I went by Vels room, this time I didn't knock.

2