Rise of the Undead king part 23
16 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I let my gaze slip trough the opening of the door I saw Vel laying in her bed, I didn't know if she was sleeping already. It was just possible to see her shape under the blankets lit by the illuminating vails above her. 'Thank you Vel, I will think about it.' My voice caried the massage barely across the room.

I went to my own room and changed before I went to bed.

This was a crazy day....

It took a long time for me to fall asleep. My head was still processing most of what had happened today, but eventually I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up and the room was empty Malanda had already woken up. A nice smell was coming from downstairs.

Pie?

This time I immediately changed into my normal clothes before I went down to the kitchen.

As I came closer the smell got stronger and it was definitely apple pie. Malanda was already eating and I joined her by making myself a sandwich. Soon after that Vel came downstairs as well again with a large book. She was looking down and her eyes had lost some of the energy they normally conveyed. The sight of her made my heart feel as if it was beating for her.

I decided and said, 'Hey Vel, I have been thinking and Malanda gave me the last push. I would like to join you at the academy, if your father allows it.'

She didn’t seem too impressed, as she looked at me, her eyes piercing me 'Truly? You didn't seem so stooked yesterday'

For some reason a memory flashed across my mind, her leaving and me staying behind simply waiting and al I could do was write letters to her. My voice got a little heavier and I was sure about it as I had not been before. A smirk appeared on my face and words flowed out 'Well it was quite a bit to take in, but I would like to be close to you, otherwise I would be missing you when you go.'

She smiled a little. 'You would?'

Maybe I said that part with a little to much conviction. Time to follow up…

'Of course, it's so quiet around here without you, you make it a lot more interesting.’ My gaze went to Malanda quickly. ‘Sorry Malanda.'

Malanda giggled a bit, 'very smooth Jacob'

She stood up and cleaned the table, taking some of the plates and brushing off some crumbs collecting them on the plates she held.

I just realized how silly I must have sounded, I felt my cheeks getting warm.

Vel, looked at me. 'You really are a dumbo.' And giggled as well.

I might actually be a silly goose. I thought to myself.

'Let's practice your magic, after breakfast.' Her voice had carried the same tone as always.

From the living room we heard Malanda's voice. 'Don't forget Jacob, you promised to join me.'

'I haven’t forgotten, when do you wanna go?’ I replied.

'After this just wait a bit.'

I looked at Vel she just nodded as if she said, it's okay just, come by after.

3