Rise of the Undead king part 27
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were sitting in her room she was reading and combining fluids. I sat on the ground within a chalk circle. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't work at all. The colors stayed separated. 'Vel, they don't blend, not even a little. Is it really a good idea for me to go? I mean, does it not make me suspicious.' She didn’t even look up from her book 'I think you should make more haste and try harder. I mean illegal magic is one thing, but if they discover you are undead. You are fucked, my friend.' My eyes were open, and I could only think. Nice, I'm screwed. There is no hope for me now.

She turned to me as if she felt me falling into despair 'If you get out of town by joining me in college, at least it will give us more time to work with.' My eyebrow lifted itself and I realized she is sort of right, more time is not bad. So, I asked her 'Do you really think you can fix this?' she grinned and kept it short 'No, but I think my father could.' She really just said that. What a brat and I couldn’t help but laugh. 'Wow…you really are spoiled.' I closed my eyes again as I said that and tried to concentrate. Only to be disturbed by a soft object colliding with my head. I opened my eyes again and saw a pillow beside me. 'Don't be a dick, just focus on getting it right.’

Sure, I was the dick. She changed my whole life.

I don't know why, or maybe I do, but for some reason, I just can't stay angry with her. Her smile breaks it all away.

I focussed as hard as I could. Wanting it to work out really bad, even praying a little. Not to escape from this place or going to the college. I just wanted to go with her. I know it's stupid, but it didn't make it feel any less important. The colors within the darkness of my mind started to bump into each other again. This time they moved a little quicker. Eventually I got them to mix again. This time I could see the color they would make together. With my eyes closed, I spoke. 'Vel, they mixed again. Just a little, but more than before.' I heard her footsteps then her voice 'You are doing great Jacob, try and separate them again.' her hand went through my hair.

When I tried to separate the colors, immediately I noticed it was a lot easier than combining them, although it still strained my mind. Going on and on trying to mix and separate them. Then Malanda called for me to do my chores. As I stood up, I was incredibly dizzy and almost collapsed if Vel had not caught me. She grabbed the fluid she made earlier and gave it to me. 'Drink this, you will feel better.'

As I drank the blue fluid, the feeling of a cool wave of new energy raced through my body. She grabbed my face and shook it, speaking slowly 'Remember you are still tired, the potion just takes the feeling away. I suppose your body can take it, but still. Don't overdo it.'

The dizzy feeling was fading, I could only reply 'Thanks Vel,'

 She smiled at me, and I left. The dizzy feeling had vanished completely when I had walked down the stairs.

1