Rise of the Undead king part 30
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our talk in the hall, I showed Malanda the mousetrap I had set and she complimented me on finding its layer so to say. The little devil had been relishing in our cabinets long enough. Finally, he would be met with adequate resistance. She went on, 'Jacob have you decided to go with Vel next week, do you know what you wish to take with you?'

'Yes, I already told you right? I wanted to keep a little eye on her when she’s surrounded by so many people. You know she isn't the most social person so I will be serving her in that way.'

Vel raised her eyebrow. 'Well mister, I haven't seen you dance around any social gatherings. And I’ve managed quite well last year. So I would love to see you try' I looked her in the eyes, my face carrying a witty smile. 'It's not a matter of trying lady Vel, I will simply do it. For I know you will seem a little scary at first.'

'Rather a little scary than anything else, but it might be advantageous for the attention of male royals if I'm accompanied by a silly goose. And she smiled at me.

It stung a little but I knew it was joke, 'I will be your silliest, will you be my scariest?

'So it will be.' Vel said. Malanda was looking at us both, probably knowing more about what was going on than we did. Then Vel asked if I had slept well, 'Yes I did, wasn't I heavy?' she nodded with a small curl at the edges of her mouth.
'Kinda, but I'm pretty strong. So you better not try and mess with me any more than you already do. I looked at her thin arms and chuckled a bit, 'I could never mess more with you than you do with me.' She smiled a little but it quickly faded she must have thought of something. 'Let's work on your magic some more.’
After a couple of hours I actually passed out. I had pushed myself too hard, she checked on me many times, every time she asked me if I was okay, I just flat out lied that I was, at the end of my consciousness she really urged me to stop. Then some blood came out of my nose and it was lights out.

This time I woke in her arms, but mostly on the floor. 'Come on Jacob you should know that pushing yourself like this makes it only harder you can get magic blocks from stress.' I didn't know anything about magic just that it was bumping colors in my head. We sat like this for a while. I won't lay you in my bed every time you pass out if that is what you’re after.' I was pale but I think some of my face did get flustered. I tried to sit on my own, but she didn't allow me and held me tighter. 'You know, it's been great since you've got your magic, we get to spend so much time together, normally I was studying here all on my own.'

I know what she was saying. In the past, she would always be up here alone studying and I would just drop by occasionally when she had some time to spare or needed something. weeks would pass quickly still, until she went to the academy and she was gone for quite a while at least that is how it felt. I wanted to be here, I wanted her to be here 'Let's stay like this a little longer.' She was glad to hear what I just said seeming sincerely happy.

The day went by slowly I practiced my control of magic the whole day as Vel was anxious about the return of master Blevulpus, someone came at the door, it was our hunter William who brought us another rabbit. I did my chores when I got tired from practicing, this time I took a break just before doing chores. We were together. It rained outside, Malanda looked out of the window as if she expected master to walk past it. We didn't really speak at the dinner table. Vel just played with her food a little, 'I'm sorry Malanda but I'm not hungry.'

'I know lady, I feel the same, but eat your vegetables at least. I should try to keep you as well fed as I can.' Vel looked In a nauseous way at the Green on her plate, she really didn't want to eat. I get it, stress can be awful for your stomach.

'Just give me some of it' I said.' I picked up a couple of sprouts and ate them, now she just had to fight it out with the ones left on her plate. We all left for bed early. That night I had a weird dream but I don't remember it so well anymore, something was calling. The sun rose through our window I had slept for some time, Malanda was already out and I could hear a voice from downstairs, master’s voice. Quickly I went to put on my clothes and make my way downstairs. He seemed tired when I saw him sitting at the dinner table.

Malanda brought him some water, Vel was sitting next to him. Had he just returned?

He looked at me and spoke.

'Ah Jacob there you are, we were wondering if you would sleep for much longer. I

suppose a boy in the height of his growth needs rest.' I looked him over, but there was nothing I could find that would explain the tired expression on his face. 'Thank you master for letting me rest this long, the training has been quite straining.' He looked at Vel for a moment and she nodded, 'he's doing quite well father, he's already quite good at moving and can mix them a little.' She chuckled. 'I used the same trick on him as you used on me.'

He laughed a small laugh maybe he was proud his daughter seemed to pick up all of his tricks, ' I see it is a good trick, a fine thing to hear your progress is going steady, I heard you wished to go with Vel to the academy?'

There was only one answer and I stated it clear. 'Yes, if I can I wish to join her.' With a little hand gesture, he said. 'Well I couldn't agree more the Academy should be the safest place for you two with all that's going on in the West.' Malanda would have walked out of the room to get something so he could eat, but after she heard him talk of the West she was eager to hear more. 'Yes master, what is going on in the west?' She asked.

1