Rise of the Undead king part 36
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Zarkius spoke, Master looked over his shoulder. 'Ow Jacob and Vel, what's going on?'

'Father are you two drinking, tea?' he strokes his beard going on 'Yes, did you presume I was drinking beer again? I mean Zarkius is my mate, but -'

A heavy voice filled him in. 'We aren't beasts.’

This was a little conflicting to hear from him but sure. My thoughts were interrupted by the voice beside me 'Father we need to make a list of all things Jacob needs for school.' He seemed to almost choke in a casual sip and as it flew everywhere 'He got accepted?' His eyes were wide with shock, contrasted by the sure and calm words from his daughter. 'Yes of course father, you know they want his affinity.' He scrapped his throat and tried to wipe the tea from himself which worked the wet stains walked right off his black suit 'I know that, but we were very late. So really, you've been accepted, Jacob?'

A statue might have moved more than me at that moment 'Yes master it's true,' I could suppress my proud smile. Master went on 'Ah I see, of course, ummm. I'm sorry Zarkius I have parent things to do.' Zarkius lifted the side of his mouth showing a row of silver teeth 'Don't worry about it, I've had cups too, I'll be here if you want to knock some cold ones in the evening.' Master was already standing almost walking with us 'Sure, I appreciate that.’ Freezing for a moment ‘Wait you have cubs?' master tensed up. Zarkius went on with all the leisure he had 'Of course, I was very wanted in the past-' The man previously stained by tea 'Ah no matter, we talk about it later.' Master left it as it was, probably a problem for the future generation as well. We walked away together he conjured up some paper, and a feather to write with. 'Master if you don't mind me asking, can you also make the stuff I need appear out of nowhere?' They both laughed, 'No Jacob I fear you think too highly of me, these are mere illusions, so they won't last. Wouldn't be good for the economy if they did.'

'Father focus on the list.' Vel squeaked it in like a mouse. He made a sound of recognition and started penning away, sometimes saying words out loud. 'Let's see, ah yes conduits..... A slinger ring, a book on the basics.........' The sound of his pen made a rhythmic noise, ' maybe a small pet to practice harmless spells on....... Chalk, lots of it..... Zendurian crystals.... A grinder.....' It was silent for a little while.'

'Master could you also get me some dried chicken, for you know, the diet.'

'Already wrote it down, but very good of you to think about that Jacob.'

I actually wanted it as a study snack, I don't know if I can buy anything there.

Vel said, 'father you don't need to buy a flavour stone for Jacob we can share mine, we will probably always have lunch together.'

'That's sweet of you, but they aren't too expansive.'

We now stood by the door and said our goodbyes as he flew away like a spear-shaped shadow. We traced our gazes after him until he remained not even a dot in the cloudless sky. 'Do you think he will get everything in time?' I asked. 'Sure he’s a capable man and he's going to be quick because he wants to hang out with Zarkius later.' We closed the door behind us and walked to the kitchen. All the running had made us hungry. I got the bread, all of a sudden we heard the bell and a soft knock on the door. 'Jacob will you go?' Vel asked me while she was tending to our sandwiches, I went towards it. Might be Malanda, she sometimes forgot her key.

As I opened the door a woman stood there, with raven black hair just like someone else I knew, she had the same eyes only with red in them and a beautiful face, she was taller than I was and wore a stainless white coat. Her hand covered with a white glove already opened the door further.

'Good to see you Jacob, you've grown more handsome. I hope my little Vel isn't giving you any trouble.' I smiled and laughed a little out of shock, Why does she always do this? How long has it been? a year maybe? From the kitchen, I heard Vel standing up. 'Who is it Jacob?' her innocent voice came around the corner just before she did. Her mother was already standing in the hall.

I took another look at her and was even more certain that she is a witch, no one can always grow more beautiful as they get older like her, except Vel maybe.

She removed her coat,

Vel gave her a nasty look, 'Shouldn't you keep that on?'

Her mother seemed a little hurt by her remark, but I couldn't tell if it was sincere. I think Vel got her ability to fool me from her. 'Ow Cravelia, don't be like that. I've come to see you again.'

Vel looked at her with the spite of a thousand worlds. 'Do not "ow Cravelia" me, you simply come here to leave us again and hurt father.'

Her mother smiled a gentle smile, bringing her finger to her mouth suddenly transforming its meaning 'But first I make him feel good' she said this with a somewhat evil undertone, as she bit the tip of her finger.

'You are worse than a succubus!' As Vel shouted the words she raged past her mother and ran upstairs. Sadly I couldn’t I had to be respectful, she was still the lady of the house as master and she were still officially married. 'Welcome home miss Blevulpus'

'Thank you Jacob you are such a sweet boy,' she brought her hand to my jaw, holding it there caressing it with her finger, Her face came closer, close enough to whisper into my ear. 'I'm no succubus, I'm better.' She smiled maybe you might discover that one day. My head seemed to spin after that last sentence.

But a familiar object saved me from her devilish charm. It was Vel's pillow, she had thrown it from upstairs. 'Don't touch my Jacob!' her mother’s eyes dashed mine to her daughter’s 'I see your Jacob, you naughty girl. I was just teasing him a little.' Vel‘s angry gaze changed very quickly to a hopeless one, face completely red and directed at me.

1