Rise of the Undead king part 37
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After her mother’s last remark she ran back to her room and yelled, 'I hate you!' This actually seemed to make her mother smile a bit, 'she doesn't know how to take what she wants yet, but I believe it won't take too long anymore before she realizes. Everyone loses in a passive state.'

I didn't really understand where that came from, maybe she said it more to herself than for others to hear. So I skipped it 'Would you like something to drink miss?' She nodded her delicate head 'Yes please Jacob, are there any other requests I can make as well.' I stiffed up a little, 'umm I don't know, what kind of request will it be?' She gave me a different smile than she wore earlier and I would be lying if I told myself I didn’t like it. 'You are cute Jacob, I think I'm starting to understand what she sees in you, but I meant something to eat.' …… 'Ow, of course, I can make something right away!'

'Splendid anything will do I'm starving.’

I went to the kitchen as lady Blevulpus went to sit on the couch, in the meantime, Malanda came back from the market. First I heard a little noise of shock followed by a very cold tone of voice. 'Good afternoon lady Greywater'. She responded without giving any notice at all, 'good afternoon Malanda, what wonderful weather it is outside, don't you think?' In the same cold tone, Malanda continued 'At first sight, yes, but it seems to be very treacherous and could turn in an instant.'

'That I must have missed.'

'I’m sure you did.' I could barely hear it.

'What was that Malanda?' lady Blevulpus said in a slightly higher voice.

'Nothing lady Greywater.'

'I thought so, and Malanda you can call me by my husband’s name. So it will be lady Blevulpus.'

'As you wish my lady.' Malanda sounded a little beaten.

'lady....?' She dragged it on and I’m very sure she enjoyed it.

'Blevupus.'

'Very nice I think we are all on the same page again, except for Vel, but she just has to learn a thing or two about being a woman.'

I heard Malanda move to the kitchen stepping slightly harder than normal. She stood next to me, mumbling things under her breath, I couldn't hear what she said, but it could be nothing positive when I looked at her face. 'Malanda it's okay she will be leaving soon again.'

'She doesn't have the right, beating up poor Vel like that, and masters going to be heartbroken again.'

I know, but she is still his wife. So we will have to put up with it. He won't accept it if we kicked her out and I don't even think we could.' She sighed and said let me finish that meal you go upstairs to Vel.  As I walked by I told lady Blevulpus that Malanda would finish the meal and placed some tea in front of her. 'Thank you Jacob, but where are you going?'

'I'm going to Vel.'

'Ow no, that won't do, you should stay here, we have quite a lot of talking to do.' This time I had to make something clear, I wasn’t here for her, I was here for Vel. 'I'm sure we will still have time after I've seen the lady of the house.' She seemed to like this. 'Sure then, I'll be waiting to hear about that magic I see in you.' It was no surprise she could see my magic, Vel's mother was a mage after all. Still, I didn't like talking about it and I can't even say how I got it. I was thinking as I walked upstairs and opened the door to Vel's room. She was laying in bed. 'Hey.' I said for there are no words more careful.

She turned around to face me, 'Hey.'

Her eyes were still wet, and I came closer. 'I know it sucks, but we can't send her away.' She nodded rubbing away the remains of tears. 'I wish we could' she said and I think I saw a new tear rolling down her cheek. 'Yeah me too.' Bringing my hand to her hair softly caressing her head. I wasn’t in the best position, sitting on her bed. She went on and said with her eyes locked on me 'You seemed quite preoccupied with her.' I cast my eyes down because the truth was shameful. 'Yeah I hate it when she does that, she pushes all the buttons in my mind and I just freeze up. I'm sorry.' She shook her head, 'No I'm sorry, I know she might be a little bewitching.' I chuckled 'Yeah a little, I do understand your father.'

“Pats!” She smacked me on the back of my head. It must have been pretty hard because I could feel it pretty well.

'Shut up! Man you are stupid' A sort of disbelieving smile came over her face.

'Do you all men lust with their eyes, don't you see her as a witch.'

'Ah. What the hell' I was rubbing my head. She looked a little shocked now realizing what she had done. 'Ow I'm sorry Jacob, I should not have hit you.'

I looked behind me, seeing a shocked girl filled with instant regret. She has done worse.

'It must have been very stupid what I said.' After that, she instantly turned cold again.

'Are you serious? you don't realize, that it sounded as if you were fawning over my mother?'

'I felt my face burning with shame.' I was, actually...

'Ow no I didn't mean to, but you do look like her and you know.' I said in a panic.

She rose up and sat on the side of her bed with her arms crossed.

'You're not making it better Jacob.' Making a very intimidating motion with her mouth.

'Ummm, yeah I can't really say anything for myself' I thought she might kill me again if I messed up even more. She seemed to be really irritated, I think she might have shifted all of her anger toward her mother to me, but then she sighed. 'I'll help you, just start by apologizing for being such a dumbo.' I think my face already betrayed how I was feeling.

'I'm sorry Vel, you know I'm not the brightest.'

She gave me a little smile. 'I know.'

Maybe I could push it a little. 'I meant to say you look so much like your father it's unbelievable.'

'Ow shut up!' She hit me again, this time way softer. I laughed coming closer thouching with my finger right above her lips and saying. 'Wait, there above your lip, is that the start of your very own mustache.' She laughed with me 'Sure... Holy... You should really be watching what you say.'

'Ow, I wouldn't dear to insult my lady of the house.'

1