Rise of the Undead king part 42
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat on the couch and she took place on the old chair on the side, crossing her legs. She seemed like a queen with something devilish about her. Her black hair was falling beside her face in a casual manner, with her red eyes she looked at me, remaining silent, just looking me over and studying. I couldn't bare it, my eyes darted about the room everywhere except for where she sat. My voice uneasily said. 'Miss, have you been working with master in the basement?' She chuckled placing her hand briefly before her mouth, ‘hardly.' it made the corners of my mouth turn with slight tension. my eyes fell on her and they looked her over as if my gaze was all hers, i knew it wasn't very decent to do. Her red satin robes seemed to fit her perfectly, even after all this time. It does seem like she has aged almost nothing since I saw her last. ‘You like it?’ she asked, and as she said it, bend forward a little and I think she knew exactly what she did. I strained my self and kept my eyes on hers, but almost couldn't resist shifting my gaze lower. Thinking about Vel ending me again helped a little.

'Jacob you really like my Vel, don't you?' She said it so casually, it frightened me. was never easy for me. Carefully I nodded. The lady before me elegant and beautiful as she was, seemed to shrink just a fraction. her voice however remained the same, smooth as fine black sand scraping desires, 'I know I'm not a good mother you see, but I do want her to be happy.' I looked at her a sadder then i wanted, because I don't know if she could be happy with someone like me. Her question followed. 'Do you think you could make her happy?' Silence, enough to read through it as i didn't answer, staring at the ground, contemplating what I had to offer. This family has always given me everything, all I did was try to repay. 

Feeling her eyes still on me, her tone of voice slightly changed. 'It's seems that we disagree on this. I think you are a fine young man, Jacob. and you are truly loyal to Vel, there aren't many who wouldn't look even though they want to.' She fixed her robes and sat up straight again. In my mind, a little tear went down. I faintly managed a smile. Her voice, more serious than before 'It's sad what happened to your parents, but you are still from a great house even though you are the last one.' I knew almost nothing of my parents, so whatever i could uncover was a treasure. I knew my mother was a mage and my father a noble or something similar, but no one could tell me their stories. I also knew were their names, Jeckle was the name of my father, my mother’s name was Liliana or lily for short, that's were it ends. Miss Blevulpus looked through the window. 'I have met someone who knew your father in the past, it seems you resemble him in some ways.' She piqued my interest even more, 'what do you mean?' I said cautiously, yet eager to know.
'You have dark brown hair and green hazel eyes just like him. He was also sweet and caring, in his youth he did stupid things and didn't notice it when a girl would like him even though he spent all of his time with her.' It puzzled me for a moment, the last part, how does that fit in with me? My voice reached out to the space between us 'I'm glad I look like him but did he say anything about my mother as well? And What do you mean by that last bit?' She shook her head ‘he didn't know her I'm sorry, it seemed she had already left with you in her belly.’

She spoke of my mother a little sadder, for the first time I thought she might have known her herself. When i asked her, It seemed to hurt her, making her brows and eyes do the faintest movement to express something and holding back, she said she didn't. 'Do you know what happened to my father?' She switched her legs one over the other taking a small moment. 'It had to do with the kings of his county and rebellion. It's better to not know Jacob, truly. I'll tell you if you want to' How could she say that? Of course I wanted to know. 'It's my father you're talking about. I can't change what happened, but it might help me understand why they left me.' 

She nodded. Doubting every motion as she remained silent for a few seconds 'okay…- your father was no king but very loyal, and everyone in Tresken knows of the uprising in the east within Daracala. The old kings were beheaded one by one. Your house was the one that orchestrated all of it, but your father didn't want to be apart. So he warned the king and in return for his warning, he told him that he would end their bloodline. Your fathers heart was broken, the man he was most loyal to, had taken no heat to his true warning and ordered a cleansing on the house of Lycan. Other houses did not accept this if the one most loyal to the crown wasn't safe, then none of them were. They rose up, unfortunately too late. New kings were sharing Daracala deciding to keep it together. Sadly the house of Lycan was not among them.' I nodded in silence, biting my thumb, I understood and tried to give it a place as well as finding away to connect it to the Blevupus family, my house against a faraway king, my father blinded by loyalty, and the king by cleansing us ensuring his own downfall. Attempting to clear my head I shook it and another thought crept in, my eyes drawn to her scarlet ones 'Master told me that my mother was a friend of his going as far back as the academy. Has he ever told you anything?'
'Only that she was sweet and beautiful.' She didn’t like to say the last part, but quickly eased herself, 'I believe you might find people who knew her at the college.' It was something more illusive then hope. she rubbed my knee as she bend forward again, my eyes shot up and were glued to the ceiling. soft and firmly i said 'Please, i need some rest.' She laughed a little 'maybe not so loyal after all.'
I thanked her and simply went to bed again to try and shuffle it all better in place. I'm the son of a ruined noble and my mother is a mage no one seems to know. I wonder, could she be? The thought seemed to stagnate, A tear formed in my eyes, why would she not come for me if she was. It might be ungrateful to everyone here, but sometimes I wish things were just different.

1