Rise of the Undead King part 43
11 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many more days came and I had to practice, Malanda had fully released me from my chores to focus on my, ummm… magic. It was sweet of her, she had told me that she really wanted me to succeed and was very proud of me for practicing so much. Truthfully her words felt very nice and made me realize. Malanda had always been there, in more ways then I should’ve expected from her.

The days went by quickly, and my progress slowed significantly. Vell however never ceased to tell me that progress how slow it may be, is still going forward. I could now combine the green and the grey energies quite easy. And she rewarded me for it with a big chunk of meat. 'Isn't this a little inappropriate?' my eyes questioning her, as I tried to keep myself from drooling. She carried herself past the questions in my gaze with flawless calmness 'How come? you told me last time we got candy, remember? This is what you like best. And I wanted to give you something for all your hard work.' Some of my saliva escaped  my mouth, while catching it with one hand, I tried to thank her 'It’s very sweet,’ Not the best of my ideas, as I had to keep more from running out of my mouth. I swallowed a big time swallow and Vell looked wierded-out. I continued ‘you must really like it, I mean how I'm able to do magic.' She managed a sound similar to a chuckle, followed by ‘I think I've told you about a thousand times now Jacob, yes I love it. I might even like it more than how you like my present' she looked a bit curious 'now you can join me.' she said the last part a little reserved.

But suddenly she smiled brightly. I melted a little and said 'I hope we will do more than just practice magic.'
She looked down at me, her eyes still staring into mine. 'What would you like to do?' she asked.
I couldn't really process this very well, umm you know.' I looked at the meat club in my hand.

'Sports?' The words left me as if flung from a doubting catapult.

'Sports?’ she repeated in a similar way. Wait, in that brief second, did I see disappointment? ‘We do have some sports.' She added. I scratched my head, styling my hair in the process with some Jacob juice. 'ow, I don't know, maybe nice dinners too?' It came out no where close to how I wanted it to sound. She blinked for a second tilting her head softly lebeling her eyes with mine, her voice tilting to her mothers ways of speaking 'Aren’t you getting bold now?' she quickly broke her character and let out a soft hum and blushed. 'Would you like to have a nice dinner with me?' I noticed I my head was turning quite warm, I came a little closer. 'I would loaf....' The boulder hit my chest again. Why the hell can't I do this?! I went mad from the inside, yelled it at myself. I can want something so bad and yet, nothing. I'm starting to believe I simply can't. I’m prohibited. She started laughing, 'loaf? You're being weird 'My face turned redder. Did it turn out well? I could not believe my ears.
'You've got yourself a deal mister Lycan, I’ll be looking forward to it.'

The next day was the day we would leave for the academy. I took only the things master had bought for me and some extra clothes. Vel had a whole suitcase, but I think she might have brought some more unnecessary stuff then I did. Her father questioned her if she really needed all of… that. Her mother with the tut of a finger, the smile of a saint and a wife of her voice instantly made him clear that he just had to swallow it.

We all gathered in front of the house, sky was blue and almost cloudless, yet I couldn't shake how it seemed sad in someway. Itwill be a long time before we return. Master took his long black coat. 'Well, we will be taking off in just a moment, has everybody gone to the toilet? we won't be able to stop during the flight.'

I nodded my head somewhat excited, it was the first time I think he has ever taken me with him into the sky. He’s one of the few mages who can fly and take people along with him. We stood beside him and a large shadow like mist dripped over the ground, circling us.

A shiver went through me and at that moment familiar voices went up in the air, before we -'Hey, what are you doing there!?' harsh voices resounded reaching us like a barrage, they came from a couple guards. Miss Blevulpus swiftly stepped in,

'Goodmorning fine gentleman please turn around and don't disturb my husband. He would be in a foul mood if you did and I'm afraid not even the gods could protect you when that happens.' Master was still concentrating, but he seemed to allow himself the curl of his mouth in to a somewhat cocky expression. Was he stalling? 'Are you treatening us witch?' As he said this miss Blevulpus remained very calm, probably because she is a witch. 'I'm merely stating facts and testing your intelligence.' The man got visibly angry now and glanced past her to me. 'No matter, we've come for the boy.' Vel looked at me with a worried face. Her mother’s shoulders seemed to tense up. 'I'm sorry but we can't allow that.' The guard pulled back as if he didn’t know the meaning of her words. 'What do you mean? We are the law here.' Master opened his eyes, an explosion of shadow went out. Vel looked at me. Her lips moved (Show off) she said, I think. Leaving the ground Master said 'Love you honey, I'll be dropping them of and then we can cuddle again.' The shadows engulfed us and I felt my body shoot into the air as my head got drowsy immediately after.

The last thing I saw were the guards becoming small like ants, the town followed shrinking, when the lake was barely out of side I fell asleep.

When I woke, I saw a giant clearing in the woods, grey steep walls towering above the ground, giving of an air of status and prestige, they must’ve been around longer than we have. large red Banners with a silver R on them fell down from them almost reaching to the ground. This was SorceRiese. A lot of people were gathered around it. We landed close to them and Vel ran to the nearest tree and puked. ‘I hate flying with you, you don't know how to handle turbulence.’ Master quickly went to her touching her shoulder and her back with care. 'I'm sorry sweetheart, I will mind it more next time.' She won’t let him go I think 'That's what you always say! But, ow never mind. Thank you for bringing us.' Ow lucky him?. He looked at her then at me. 'We should find her something to drink.' The people around us didn’t seem to pay any attention to us. It took a while before Vel was okay. Because of this, I was able to look at all the people and the giant building itself, they called it a bunker. In the corner of my eye I saw master work some magic on her to clean her up. The bunker however should be many times larger underground, but it was already bigger than our whole town. It was pure craziness that something like this exists. It must be the safest place we could ever reach.

0