Chapter 18: Visitors
3.2k 3 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I raised my head as I stepped inside the inn, finally free from the eyes gazing all over me.

"I think they all like you," Misha said while holding my hand.

"I just hope so."

I found mister Rudwick standing at the counter while smiling at me.

"Welcome back, Master Casimir."

"Please not you too."

He gently chuckled. "Congratulations for  succeeding the position as our new faction leader."

"Yeah, I somehow managed."

He nodded and shifted his gaze to Misha. "How's the battle? Did you enjoy it?"

Misha immediately nodded. "Big bro Casimir was so cool and strong!"

That's Misha for you.

"Too bad I didn't see it." He shifted his gaze on me. "As an aside, it surprised me to see an actual Meruem in person, I heard that your tribe was wiped out 30 years ago, it turns out it's not entirely true."

Meruem?

Now that you mentioned it.

"So you know some things about us?"

He shook his head. "No, all I know about your tribe is the things that I've read in some history books, Meruems was the most isolated demon race variant after all." He pointed at my horn. "But, lots of people know how to recognize one."

It really is my black horn, Misha and all the other demons I'm seeing around have horns too, but unlike mine who looks like a jet black crystal, their horns look organic, like what animals have.

"I see, at least, we are not considered an abominable race, right?"

"No, of course, being a potential catastrophe doesn't make you a bad person, I suppose."

That sounds very wrong.

Is he low-key saying I'm a walking disaster just by being a Meruem?

"Ah." I slowly nodded.

"Ah, the new boss!" Emily waved her hand at me.

"Yo." I shifted my gaze back to mister Rudwick. "I'm going back to my room now."

Mister Rudwick bowed his head. "See you around, mast- mister Casimir."

Both I and Misha rushed back to our respective beds.

Misha lied on her bed while I, on the other hand, just sat on mine.

"What did you do while I was asleep earlier, Misha?"

"Waited for you to wake up."

That sounds awfully lonely.

"The whole time? Isn't that a little... I don't know, boring?"

She shook her head and looked at me with her very sleepy eyes. "No, big bro Mehrad and big bro Leo accompanied me. They played with me while you're sleeping."

I can't picture Leo actually playing with Misha, but I think that would be funny to see.

"I'm glad to hear that they're kind to you."

She smiled. "Yes, they're kind, but big bro Leo, he sounds like he's always angry."

I chuckled. "We can't do anything about that."

Even after sleeping for a whole day, I could still feel the exhaustion and easily put myself to sleep the moment I lay my body down on my bed.

However, I woke up due to the loud knocking on my door.

The hell?

I stood up, even Misha got woken up due to the noise.

I opened the door and wandered my narrowing eyes to the 5 people standing in front of my door.

It's Leo and Mehrad along with the other 3 members of the faction.

"Yo, boss. Already sleeping?"

"Good evening, boss!" The 3 members with them bowed their heads.

I nodded and widened the door. "Is there a problem?"

Rather than answering my question, Leo entered our room."This is your room? Man, isn't it too small?" He wandered his eyes around the room. "Oh, Lil missy, you're still awake? Good, I don't have to wake you up."

"She was asleep, however, someone slammed the door without considering that we're already sleeping, anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Really? What kind of bastard would do that to the new faction leader?" He shrugged.

"I know right?"

"Forgive us for intrusion." Mehrad peeked his face through the door and wandered his eyes around. "Oh, you've got a nice room."

"Thank you very much, I guess?"

Leo put his hands on his waists. "Looks like you're already prepared, let's go now, boss."

Ha?

"Go where?"

Leo narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean where?" His eyes shifted towards Misha. "You didn't tell him?"

Misha's eyes immediately widened and looked at me. "I forgot."

"What? Kids these days." He scratched his head. "Well, whatever, we're throwing a party tonight as a celebration for your proclamation as the new faction leader."

A party?

"For a person who just lost his crown, you look so delighted about it."

Leo extended his hand on my shoulder and tapped it twice. "Me? Delighted? You don't have any idea of how glad I am of finally getting freed of those stupid responsibilities Mehrad forcing me to do." He slowly nodded while a menacing smile gradually emerged on his face. "It's your turn now, boss."

"Ah... su-sure."

"Should we go now? Everyone is already waiting for you, Casimir." Mehrad walked towards the door and gave us a 'let's go' gesture.

"Aight, we'll be waiting for you at the venue." He pointed his index finger towards Misha. "You too."

Misha just nodded at him.

After some time, we walked downstairs with Misha and found more members of the faction waiting for me downstairs.

Both Emily and Mister Rudwick were with them and bowed their heads.

Even though I felt really awkward, I nodded and faced the 6 faction members standing next to them.

How could I tell If it was them even though they're not wearing a uniform or sort? They're all bowing at me in the most dramatic way possible!

Half body bow while one of their arms were pointing at me!

"Master Casimir, we are part of the Fang faction security personnel, we are here to pick you up."

Like a personal bodyguard, I see.

"Where are Mehrad and Leo?"

The one with the dog's ear walked towards me.  "They're already waiting for you in the venue, we were tasked to guide you and..." He paused. "Lil missy the way."

"Just call her Misha."

He repeatedly bowed his head. "Yes, forgive me, master Casimir."

Isn't it a little bit over the top?

We proceeded to walk out from the inn and what greeted me was the completely emptied marketplace.

There's no people around and all the shops were closed.

Since when did this place become a ghost town?

I heard a noise from my back, Emily and Mister Rudwick closed the inn and walked with the security personnel.

The hell?

"Let's go, Mister Casimir." Mister Rudwick called for me.

"Yeah."

What kind of party are they throwing for me?

148