Chapter 17: Leader
3.3k 7 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the pair of Misha's blue eyes looking at me while sitting next to me.

She gasped as soon as she saw me open my eyes and hug me. "Big bro Casimir!"

"Don't worry, I'm still kicking."

Misha smiled at me and leaned her head on my arms.

I wanted to pat her head but for some reason, I couldn't move my body.

"Did I end up being crippled?"

"Oh, you're finally awake."

I turned my gaze towards the voice and found Mehrad leaning on the door while looking at me.

Now that I realized it, I wasn't lying in my room. Thanks to the massive pillow I was leaning on, I could see the entire room and Mehrad standing a few meters away.

"How long did I sleep?"

"About 7 hours."

"I see, by the way, for some reason, I can't move my body."

He walked towards me. "Of course, you can't, you've just broken several bones of your body due to the injuries you received from the battle earlier."

"How many of those several? 'cause I think all my bones are completely broken."

He chuckled. "If other people took the beatings you just took earlier, they're probably dead by now."

"I know right? That guy has insane skill!"

"It's funny to hear that coming from the person who actually defeated him."

"Speaking of, where is he? Don't tell me he's in the same condition as mine as well?"

"No, apparently, he's physically stronger than you and well experienced when it comes to his own skill so it's already expected, he's in the living room at this moment."

I nodded. At least I can still nod.

"Misha, can you put my hand on my chest?"

Without hesitation, Misha immediately took my hand and put it on my chest.

"Thanks."

I activated my Healing magic, I instantly felt the treatment through my body, after some time, I could finally move my body.

I sat on the bed and found Mehrad looking at me as if I was a bizarre oddity.

"Is there a problem?"

He just shook his head and smiled. "Let me guide you outside."

We walked through the white corridor with a red carpet lying on the floor.

"Where is this place?"

"This is our base, your battle against Leo took place just outside earlier."

Do you mean this elegant place is the inside of the gate full of metal and wood scraps earlier? 

"Really? It looks different from the inside."

Mehrad nodded. "Yes, since the front of this facility is the venue of every challenge, it's normal for that part of the base to get caught in the middle of the heat of the battles. Accidents tend to happen a lot. That's why it looks like that."

"Uh, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder what kind of battle caused that kind of destruction to the building that's as strong as this one, even our battle didn't manage to create such damage."

He smiled and stared at me. "It's my fault, I was the one who accidentally did it while fighting against Leo 3 years ago."

"Ah... I see."

Due to his gentleness, I almost forgot that this guy is a monster too.

After some time, we reached the living room and found 10 people sitting at the sofas while the loud laugh of Leo was resonating throughout the room.

To my surprise, the 9 people with him immediately stood up and bowed their heads to me.

"Greetings, Boss!"

Oh right, now I remember, now that I managed to win against the current faction leader, it means I'm the new leader now.

It feels so surreal that I still can't believe it.

All I could do was nod. "Y- yo."

Leo who's sitting on the sofa rotated his head and looked at me, even with bandages all over his head, I could see how his forehead quickly furrowed upon seeing me.

"Oy, oy, are you for real? The first time I fought something to death with that skill I couldn't even move a finger for a week! And here you are walking as if nothing happened?" He waved his hand. "There's definitely something wrong with that body of yours."

The both of us stared at each other and laughed at the same time, we laughed at each other for a few seconds while the others were just watching us.

The moment we stopped, he handed his hand to me. "Welcome to the faction, Boss."

I grabbed his hand. "To be honest, based on your personality alone, I thought you're a huge sore loser."

"Well, I am, but it was a very satisfying fight so I have no complaints, besides, you already offered me the position as your right hand, right?"

Offered what? I don't remember doing so.

"Yeah, sure whatever."

I walked towards him and put my hand on his head and activated my healing magic. Now that I had a closer look at him, I noticed that his entire body was full of battle scars, the most apparent ones were the ones on his arms and neck, and there's a lot of them.

What kind of shitshow this guy participated in to get this amount of scars? As if his entire body was carved using a freaking sword.

He stood up and removed his bandages. "You have this skill all along? Why didn't you use it in battle earlier?"

"Ah, I just thought it would be unfair if I did. So I decided not to. It's a fair fight after all."

All of a sudden, all of them laughed, even Mehrad who's silently watching us covered his mouth.

At least I'm not the only one wondering why, even Misha was looking at them with questions in her eyes.

Leo tapped my shoulder twice. "Now I get it, it really was my defeat."

I nodded. "Yeah sure. By the way, where's my robe?"

Leo held my shoulder. "You destroyed it, remember?"

And why is everyone avoiding my gaze?

Even Mehrad?

"I did?"

"You did." He repeatedly nodded.

"It's bad. I'm not used to walking around without it."

Leo shrugged. "What do you mean? You are now the very image of this faction, don't be a chicken and show everyone what you're made of."

I exhaled. "Okay, I'll take your advice."

He immediately raised his thumbs up while smirking.

Wow, not suspicious at all.

I decided to take Misha back to the inn, while on the road, I was getting tons of gazes all over the place, everyone was looking at me with their scrutinizing eyes.

We decided to stop by the restaurant and eat for dinner and the moment we entered, all of the attention was already on us, the eyes of the customers instantly locked on me.

One of the waitresses sprinted towards me and bowed her head. "I will guide you to your seat, Master Casimir."

Mast- what?

I just slept for 7 hours and they already know my name? How fast does news spread in this place?

I followed her and sat on the wooden chair they sent me to.

"Here's the menu, Master Casimir."

"Yes, thanks."

I responded while massaging my forehead.

Yep, this is my life now.

***

Jack of all trades, master of none

Fire Magic

Healing Magic

Mana Concealment

Mana Perception

Water Magic

Wind Magic

Electricity Magic

Ice Magic

Fire Resistance

Warrior's Rage

***

169