Chapter 33: Decisive
2.3k 5 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


A powerful gushing sound signaled the start of another round of our battle as she flew to the sky at high speed where I couldn't easily reach her.

And what came next was the rain of ice spikes and rock boulders surging towards me. I countered it by activating my Dark magic in a 5 meters radius around me and letting it consume everything.

Just like what she said, controlling a much smaller area was a lot easier and wouldn't cause much pain inside my head.

As I turned off my Dark magic, I found her just drifting in the sky watching over me.

I activated my Fire magic and created multiple fireballs around me, it's difficult to make multiple fireballs before because I only have two hands, but now, I could easily create several of them in one activation.

I hurled the fireballs towards her and at the same time created rock and ice boulders to follow it up.

But, as expected she easily brushed it off with her Dark magic.

Talk about overpowered.

A destructive roar of thunder strike surged towards me that I blocked by creating rock boulders and threw them towards her.

But, what came next was more than I expected. A forest instantly sprouted again, but not a simple forest, a burning forest. As I looked up to the sky, the gigantic thundercloud was forming again, and the wind current it was generating was much more powerful than before.

At this point, it's pretty apparent that she's just flexin on me!

A vine suddenly appeared beneath, grabbed my foot, and the moment it touched me, I instantly felt the high electrical current it's generating.

The plants have freaking electricity on them!

I sliced off the vines rushing towards me using my Wind magic and prepared for what's coming next. A hail storm, but rather than snowballs, what's coming down were huge chunks of ice spikes and rocks.

I used my Dark magic as my shield and fed everything in it.

I did the same to the burning electrical forest around me and flooded the entire arena with dark clouds.

And as expected, my head started to get haywire again.

Man, it feels like a very bad hangover after a hardcore drink night out.

The thunder strike roared coming from the gigantic thunderstorm above me.

And goodness, it's so massive and radiant that I literally saw my entire life flashed before my eyes. I immediately gathered all of the Dark magic all around the arena and focused them right above me.

But the thunder strike just passed through it like a sharp knife passing through a piece of paper.

Damn it!

I don't think I would survive that!

My last resort was to create a deep hole beneath me and immediately cover it with stones before the thunder strike could even reach me.

Even though the hole was already closed, I could still hear the roar of thunder strike from above and it remained for at least ten seconds.

Phew, that girl really went for a kill wasn't she?

What kind of person would survive that? Even with Warrior's rage, I don't think I would last even for 5 seconds with that devastating attack!

I have to fight back now, she has the aerial advantage, as long as she's flying up there I don't think I can keep up on her. If she doesn't want to get down, I need to find a way to go up.

I can't fly, but maybe I can find a way to reach her.

Yep, that sounds about right, fight a gothic fairy up into the sky, definitely won't kill me if I mess up and fall instead.

What could possibly go wrong, right?

I opened up the ground and looked up as I went out.

She's still there, flying above, under her gigantic thundercloud definitely preparing for another attack.

"What a pain."

I activated my Extreme speed while aiming to reach her, by creating floating boulders as my footing and using them to jump upwards.

However, I think she already saw it coming. That's why she threw a hail storm of rock and ice spikes on me and of course, even her ever troublesome gigantic thundercloud was already preparing to blast another massive thunder strike to obliterate me again.

If my observation is correct, the thunder strike that the thundercloud generates is just as large as the entire arena. As long as I'm out of the arena before the thunder strike gets unleashed, there is a good chance that I won't take any damage. I guess?

So once more, I expanded my Mana manifestation range and created countless floating stones all around me leading outside the quadrangle.

As the thundercloud unleashed its fury, I  used those rocks as my footing to get out of the attack's range and somehow barely managed to escape.

As expected, the thunder strike remained for a few seconds, maybe to ensure that the target was completely pulverized.

I would never want to get caught in that thing!

I continued my advancement and jumped upward, but what greeted me was a hail of stones and ice spikes rushing towards me.

That only means she's already near.

"Now."

I activated my Dark magic to get a glimpse of her location and rushed towards her using my Extreme speed.

Multiple root-like vines literally came out of nowhere and tried to stop me but I sliced them off using my Wind magic or devoured them with my Dark magic while continuing my charge.

Even if I tried to, my magic attacks couldn't reach her, she could easily brush them off, as an indication of her superior magic proficiency compared to me.

As of now, when it comes to magic, I will admit that she's far superior to me.

Then, the decisive moment occurred.

I bent my arms for one but full force punch and hurled my arms towards her.

This is my best and maybe the last bet I have, so I have to give my all on this one.

However, why isn't she doing anything?

She's just drifting to the air, looking at me with a satisfied smile on her face.

"You passed."

My punch proceeded but before it could even reach her, a powerful gust of wind obstructed my fist on its way on her belly and without a delay, it exploded and launched her all the way down to the ground and completely negating my attack.

And we're talking about a Warrior's rage supercharged punch with all the physical boost I received since the battle started. Easily blocking it like that wasn't a joke.

But what grabbed my attention is.

"What do you mean I passed?"

80