Chapter 39: Absence And Freedom
1.7k 5 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Another morning arrived again at the town of Agrona.

Mister Rudwick bowed his head on me upon seeing me walk down from the stairs, at the same time, Emily approached Misha who was holding my hand.

"Let me take care of her for a while," Emily said while extending her hands towards Misha.

On the other hand, Misha stared at me while pouting her lips.

I patted her head. "Don't worry, I won't take long. I just need to deal with something."

After a few seconds of silence, she let go of my hand and took Emily's hand while still pouting her lips and looking at me at the side of her eyes.

I don't know why, but I can't help but smile at her minor tantrum, she reminds me a lot of my little sister.

"She's really attached to you isn't she?" Emily commented.

"So I to her. Anyway, I'll be going now."

"You can count on me."

As much as I want to bring her with me, I don't want her to see where I'm going and what I'm about to do. So, for her own sake, I have to leave her behind.

I left them alone and walked towards the entrance of the town. After a few minutes of walking, I finally reached my destination.

Right at the exit of the town of Agrona where a white huge stone arc was standing, I saw several carriages rallying at the huge arc in the middle of the road.

The carriages have four horses pulling them with coachmen driving them, behind the coachmen's seat is a huge wooden wagon that can fit up to 10 people. It has a circular white tarpaulin acting as its roof and sidewalls leaving the back part as the entrance to get in.

It's a good thing that Tanya lent me 12 of her merchant carriages that I could use for this purpose.

The members of the first faction immediately bowed their heads upon seeing me walking towards them.

Just like I instructed, the road was completely cleared with nothing but the members of security personnel of the Fang faction, who were scattered throughout the area. I walked through them and found Leo standing while looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Boss."

I nodded and shifted my gaze towards the people sitting in the center of the road next to the carriages.

The human slaves.

Some of them raised their heads upon hearing my arrival and instantly had their eyes enlarged upon seeing me, however, they're some who couldn't even hold their heads up and stayed looking down, maybe due to exhaustion. At the farthest back of the group, I could hear the cries of some while sitting on the road.

Now that I could see them all, I noticed that there were also male slaves. Most of the time, the only ones I could see were female slaves, maybe the male ones were stuck inside the shops while the female ones were the ones getting displayed.

All of them were wearing clothes that almost resembled a rug, had malnourished body proportions and metal chains on both of their hands and feet to prevent them from escaping.

However, even after seeing them, it terrified me that I couldn't feel anything. I just felt bad for them, but I couldn't call it compassion or even sympathy. I couldn't even remember why I decided to help them.

I have lost something within me, and the most horrifying part is, I already know what it is.

My humanity, a huge part of it.

"Is it all of them?"

"Yes, there are a total of 103 of them," Leo explained.

"I see."

Let's start the play.

I walked towards the crowd of the human slaves and activate my Earth magic to set a footing on one of my feet while gazing at them.

"Listen up." I raised my hand. "You should rejoice because you are finally free. You will ride these carriages and drop you a few miles away from the nearest human kingdom. I'm finally bestowing you all your freedom, don't need to say your thanks, it's not a big of a deal anyway."

I saw more heads raised upon hearing what I said, but their eyes instantly filled with fear upon seeing me.

Is my horn really that scary?

"However." I changed my smile into a menacing smile, like an evil demon lord smile. "Don't even try to tell a single soul about your slavery in here. I know that you understand that once you do, we can always find you wherever you try to hide, and believe me when I say, I will never be this kind the next time we meet. And if one of you somehow tried to defy me. I will personally pay you a visit to whatever hellhole you are hiding in." I stood properly. "Are we clear, humans?"

None of them responded, maybe because they were so shocked seeing who was talking right in front of them.

As I expected.

Now, for the final push.

"I can't hear you, insects!"

I activated my Dark magic and engulfed the entire road with black smoke that instantly put them in great terror.

"Yes, we understand!"

"Please let us live!"

"I just want to go home!"

Some of them screamed due to the intense fear and some cried while stating their agreement.

This is my evil boss acting that I honed for several years of cosplaying.

I know it's a little bit overkill, but I think it's just the right amount of scare that I need to give them.

As much as I don't want to do this, this is the best way to silence them. If I don't do it, there's a high chance that their home kingdoms will come for us and that's the last thing I want to happen.

This is the consequence of my own selfishness to save them. If I had to add more trauma to them just to protect everyone, so be it.

I would rather traumatize them a little more than getting retaliated on just because I chose to save them. Which is an extremely risky thing to do, to begin with.

"Good." I shifted my gaze to Leo. "Set them free."

However, Leo didn't respond. He's just looking at me with his enlarged eyes and wide opened mouth.

He's probably thinking right now, Who the fuck is this guy?

That's the power of acting, buddy.

Even all the security personnel were doing the same expression.

I exhaled. "Leo, guide them to the carriages."

"Ah." He slowly nodded. "I understand."

I walked out and left them behind while looking at me like I was a big oddity.

62