Chapter 47: Skill Classes
1.4k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

(Casimir Kismet)

I looked up as the sky started to get covered by the dark cloud with the sound of the electrical energy brewing inside, at the same time, the powerful gust of wind blew around me and disrupted all of the trees near the quadrangle I was standing on.

I raised my hand and unleashed the thunder strike brewed inside the cloud. The roaring sound of the white thunder resonated as its devastating assault reached the ground beneath it.

I exhaled as I deactivated my Wind, Water, and Electricity magic. Gradually, the huge storm cloud above disappeared and once more revealed the blue and clear sky.

I shifted my gaze when I heard someone clapping behind me and found Tanya sitting on her white tea table, under the tree next to the quadrangle. We're currently on the backside of her mansion.

And yep, I and Misha are living in her mansion now.

"I'm amazed, you have easily comprehended the method of integrating different elements to create a much superior form." She sipped the cup of tea she was holding.

I shrugged and walked towards her. "I thought you went to visit one of the mining areas?"

"I did. I went to check something. Tea?" She poured a full in another white teacup. "You look pale, when was the last time since you had a proper sleep? So you know, leadership is about overseeing, not about killing yourself in the most ludicrous way possible while you are in the position. It's never glorious to die over a pile of paperwork over your desk."

"Don't worry, I can manage." I sat on the white metal chair on the opposite side of her and took the tea she offered. "I can now make thunderstorms, I want to try making hailstorms next."

"That's great. Though, why would you want a hailstorm?"

I smiled. "A rain of snow and ice spike under the light of the summer sun, it would be a cool skill to show off."

"Wonderful, I almost forgot that you are the one I'm talking to until you said that thing. Meruems really love standing out, don't they?"

I sipped my tea. "By the way, I just observed that most of the people I encountered in this town only have elemental magic. I already fought and met many people but the only skills they have are the ones that I already have, does that mean the people like Leo and Leal who have unique skills are rare?"

She kept her silent for a second and sipped her tea before standing up and walking towards the quadrangle. "You are right." She looked back. "Let's walk for a little while, what do you think?"

I stood up. "Sure, I still have spare time before I go back to the paperwork piled up over my desk."

She weakly chuckled. "You should finish that batch immediately, due to the ongoing projects throughout the town, more of those will come sooner."

"Please don't remind me."

I caught up in her and walked beside her towards the cemented path towards the miniature forest in front of us.

"About your question, there are 4 well-known classes of skills, and every skill is determined based on how powerful and complex the skill is. Common, Intermediate, Advanced and the Supreme skills." She raised her hand and a fireball emerged above her hand. "Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Plant, Ice, and Electricity. All of these elements belong to the common class. These elemental magic are so common that an average person has at least one of them the moment they were born, similarly, with enough dedication, one can learn all of the common elements. However, there are few who couldn't acquire elemental magic, for instance, Leal. Therefore, being born without the ability to invoke elemental magic is not a bad thing."

"Because in exchange for elemental magic that he didn't acquire, he acquired a higher class one?"

She nodded. "People born without the ability to use elemental magic are expected to acquire intermediate class skill instead. Mystic Thread. That's the ability he was born to, however, it doesn't mean that he couldn't learn elemental magic, he can, if he wants to. Anyhow, Intermediate class skills are skills that have unique or rare names but are not as powerful or as nearly as complex as advanced class skills, furthermore, most of them can be acquired by rigorous training or even scrolls. This skill class is a compilation of a not-so-common and rare set of skills. For example, the skills Extreme speed, Healing magic, Mana concealment, and Mana perception. Even though not everyone can have them at birth, these skills can be taught and acquired. A quantity of them at least."

She turned off her fire magic and faced me. "On the other hand, Advanced class skills are considered as extremely rare, powerful, and complex skills. These skills are exceptionally difficult to obtain because they require certain conditions to fulfill in order to acquire even one of them, and most of the skills from this class is unique, however, there are some who acquired their advanced class skill the moment they were born, but given how rare the skills already is, the chances of having an advanced class skill at birth is very low. Most of the skills in this class's abilities are formed based on the circumstances, personality, and the current emotion of the user when they acquired the skill. To make it simple, whatever your advanced class skill is, you are the one who made it."

"That's what Leo's Warrior's rage is?"

"Yes, along with Dark and light magic, Leo's skill is one of a good example of a powerful advanced class skill, and of course," She pointed her index finger at me. "Your ever troublesome skill also belongs to advanced class skill. There are several types of that skill, but all of them belong in one category, Skill Imitation. Of all the skills from that category, a trigger type imitation skill like you have is the most efficient and at the same time rarest of all types of skill imitation skills. How rare? Even without including the fact that you are meruem that made the chances of getting it abysmal. The chances of getting that skill as an average person alone are less than one in a million advanced class skill acquisition."

Less than one chance in every 1 million advanced class skill acquisition? The hell! To think that getting an advanced class skill alone is already rare!

"I see now, though, if the advanced class is already a compilation of overpowered skills, what more the Supreme class skills?"

A smug emerged at her face as she shrugged. "Nothing special, it's just the final form of the advanced class skills where they will become a catastrophe-level skill that no other skill classes could even imagine to compete with."

"What part of it is nothing special? That sounds like a very huge improvement to the already overpowered advanced class skills if you ask me." 

She raised her index finger. "When the advanced class skill finally awakens, it will evolve into its Supreme form and will uncover its full potential. However, obtaining them is almost impossible, there are only a very few known users of the skills of this class because there is no clear way to obtain them. Having one or even multiple advanced class skills doesn't guarantee that one of them will evolve. Each one of the advanced class skills has specific requirements to evolve that would probably take a lifetime or more for a person to accomplish. The very few people who have this class of skills are the ones who are sitting on top of this world's power hierarchy as Class S rank."

"That sounds amazing. The people who probably have those skills are pretty strong. Imagine having those powers?"

She chuckled. "Indeed. That's an exceptionally high feat to attain. Only the most powerful individuals can acquire such skills. Those people deserve such praise." She covered her up to ears smile using her hand and laughed like an anime ojou-sama.

On the other hand, I just looked at her with my narrowing eyes.

Wow, this girl is very obvious.

48