Chapter 54: This Is Just The Start
1.1k 0 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The light of the late morning sun touched my skin. I held the red ribbon in front of me and used the red scissors in my hand to cut the 2 sides and raised my hand while holding the ribbon.

The roaring claps of the people in front of me resonated in the area, all of them gathered in front of me. Most of the people here were the construction employees who built this new establishment and the very first customers of this shop. In front of them were Tanya, Karoon, Misha, Mehrad, and Leo who decided to attend the event.

"Thanks for your hard work, Guys."

The construction employees bowed their heads. "It's our pleasure, Lord Casimir."

I stood next to them and took a proper look at the newly opened establishment. It's a massive butcher shop where a huge supply of meat products will be put in.

It's just a single-story gray building but it's so wide that it took up a huge chunk of the entirety of the area. The gray walls and roof were made of concrete but there were some glass windows where people could see what was inside the building. From outside, I could see the white metal section dividers where the meats were.

Due to the opening of this shop, we're expecting the demand for ranch products to rise, opening more jobs in the slaughterhouses and improving the quality of meat products inside the entirety of the town.

This is the very first establishment that opened since I took over.

And this is just the start.

Maybe someday, just maybe. If we managed to get a good relationship with the nearby kingdoms, we could finally open the town for the visitors, making this place a place where every race can live with each other in harmony.

I know that I'm still far from that goal, I am fully aware that goal won't easily come true in a year or two or even ten, but it's a step closer towards that goal.

Even though it will take it longer to realize, I'm not doubtful that I would see it finally take place. After all, I have reliable companions with me to help me make it happen.

This town... No, this world. This is my home now.

"I'm looking forward to seeing the success of this establishment."

"You can count on it, Lord Casimir." One of the construction employees said with a smile on his face.

To officially open the shop, I walked towards the door and opened it. People started to go inside the building with me. Just like what I saw outside, what greeted us was the white dividers full of different kinds of ranch meats in them. I wandered my eyes around, the same with the exterior, the smooth concrete walls were painted in gray. On the other hand, the tiled floor was colored white.

I inhaled as I walked around while listening to the cheering of the people inside the establishment with me. I could smell the fresh scents of fresh meat around me. Pork, beef, chicken, and many more. "This is the smell of success."

"Welcome to our shop, Lord Casimir." The demon girl with black hair currently standing inside the cashier section greeted me with a big smile on her face. She's wearing a cute red apron.

Along with her, inside the other sections were multiple cashiers just like her attending their very first customers.

I smiled at her. "Thanks."

However, I didn't expect her reaction, her eyes broadened while staring at me.

She looks so shocked. Did I scare her or something? 

"Boss, where are we going next?" Leo waved his hand at me.

I walked towards him and left the shocked cashier. "To the newly built restaurant, northwest district of the fang faction territory. You 2 coming with us?"

"Of course, the new vicinity is inside our territory, we want to see it officially opened. Right, Mehrad?"

"Since when did you become interested in establishments' grand openings, Leo?" Tanya asked while crossing her arms. "As far as I can remember, you are only interested in how you could destroy them."

A huge smile emerged on Leo's face. "I just suddenly felt like watching it- Mehrad, where are you going?"

"I'll go first." Mehrad nodded at me, I nodded back in response.

"Oh, alright, we'll wait for you there, boss!" He followed Mehrad.

"What do you think of this place?"

Tanya released her crossed arms. "I must admit, it looks great." 

"Karoon really did a good job on this one. I can't thank her enough for helping me."

"You don't have to, I know her. Just by seeing you liking her creations is more than enough for her, but if you really want to thank her, why not treat her to some food stalls? She will definitely love it." She walked towards the exit. "We should go now, they are waiting for you at the next establishment."

"Yeah, you are right."

I said goodbye to the workers and walked towards the carriage with Tanya. However, as we opened the door, what greeted us inside were the 4 people doing their best to fit inside the carriage that could only fit 4 people.

On the seat were supposed to be me and Misha were sitting, Leo, Mehrad, and Karoon trying to fit themselves.

"Don't move too much, I'm getting crushed here," Leo exclaimed while pillaring his arms to the wall of the carriage.

On the other hand, Mehrad who was sitting between Leo and Karoon didn't say a word and just smiled at Misha in front of him while both of his hands were on his lap.

Tanya's narrowing eyes instantly darted to Karoon who was the one nearest to us. "What is the meaning of this?" 

Karoon just chuckled.

Tanya put her hand on her forehead.

Yep, I know that feeling.

"Who's idea is this?"

Before she decided to kick them out, I stepped in. "Just let them be. We're running out of time so we need to go now."

Her sharp glare instantly veered to me.

Yep, that's the way to go for me. Tank the rage of the gothic fairy.

I didn't have any idea of what to do so I just smiled. "The more the merrier, am I right?"

She didn't reply. She hopped inside the carriage and sat next to the door. "This is my spot."

I hopped in and sat between her and Misha.

The moment the door closed, I instantly felt her body push towards me.

Man, she smells good. Really, really good.

Gardenia.

She stared at me using her narrowed eyes. "Just don't move too much."

I nodded. "I won't."

To distract myself, I directed my gaze towards the 3 in front of us. Mehrad was just looking down, while Karoon was looking outside. Leo on the other hand was smirking at me.

He raised his thumbs up. "It's a good thing Boss is considerate."

Tanya instantly gave him a death glare that instantly made him look outside of his window, at the same time, Misha just laughed at them.

Yep, this is really my new life now.

I have a bunch of chaotic but fun friends.

46