Chapter 57: Different
1.1k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Ah! I'm already full!" Karoon exhaled while rubbing her stomach.

I narrowed my eyes while looking at the 2 empty containers over our table. I only had 2 slices, the same with Misha. Karoon ate all of it!

"I hope you won't get fat with that amount you have just eaten."

"Ehh, don't say that to a girl, it's rude!" Karoon exclaimed while tapping my arms.

She had the same reaction when I was saying the same thing back home with my little sister Irina.

"So, where do you want to go next? Don't tell me you want to go to another food shop?"

"That's my initial plan but I'm already too full to eat." She said while scratching the top of her head while chuckling.

"It's still too early to go home, how about we go sightseeing around?" I shifted my gaze to Misha. "Right, Misha?"

Misha repeatedly nodded at my suggestion.

Karoon put her hand on her cheek while narrowing her eyes. "Hmm." She clicked her fingers. "I know a good place to watch the sunset."

"Sunset? Good idea." I stood up, held Misha's hand, and stood beside Karoon. "Let's go there then." I extended my hand towards her.

But she just smiled while looking up at me.

"Why, is there something wrong?"

She shook her head. "Nothing." She grabbed my hand and used it to stand up.

She let go of my hand and walked first. I grabbed the basket of fruits and vegetables and followed her.

After a few minutes of walking through the crowd that was swarming us, we finally got through the marketplace. However, my already huge basket of fruit and vegetables grew larger due to the people kept giving samples of their products to me.

I mean, free stuff is free stuff, who am I to say no?

"Here!" Karoon waved her hand while standing at the boundary of the back alley.

This place was located at the edge of the center of the Marionette faction. Occasionally, I have done some tours around the town but it's the very first time I have been to this place.

As we walked out, we found ourselves beside the white smooth stone barricade. As I looked for Karoon, she was already climbing up using one of the ladders stuck on the wall.

I looked down at Misha looking at me. Maybe she's waiting for my approval to follow Karoon over the wall.

"Let's go here, Mister Casimir, the view is quite nice in here."

I exhaled and nodded to Misha. "You can go first."

An immediate smile emerged on her adorable face as she ran towards the ladder and easily climbed up.

"Misha! How was this place? Isn't it beautiful?" I could hear Karoon's voice above the wall.

"Welp." I activated my Wind magic as I jumped up and caught up with them.

The moment I landed, Karoon immediately jumped out while holding her chest.

"You surprised me!"

I chuckled. "Really? My bad then, I couldn't climb up due to things I'm carrying."

I wandered my eyes and what greeted me beneath was a wide river with crystal clear water flowing in it. The barricade was the one separating the river from the road, although the river was located at the center not only of the Marionette faction but the entire town it still looked natural and clean. I would definitely drink on this river.

And it's saying a lot, given how the environment of this town had.

Maybe it has something to do with how elves love nature, maybe Leal made sure that at least the river at the very center of this town remained clean to drink.

"Misha, Mister Casimir, look!" Karoon pointed her index finger to the view in front of us.

The orange sky and the sun slowly descending from the sky, the scenery of the houses and establishments beneath it made the sight more impressive. The gentle wind blew on us. I felt a slight cold sensation coming from it, it was so calming that I couldn't help but smile while closing my eyes.

It's peaceful here, I hope it remains this way.

This place is worth fighting for.

I heard Misha's giggle so I opened my eyes, but I found her looking at Karoon who's standing on the other side beside me. There's a contented smile on Karoon's face.

"What?"

She immediately shook her head. "Nothing."

"You are giving me that smile since we're done eating, what is it all about? Is there a problem?"

She exhaled and gently tapped my arms.

"Nothing special. I just thought, most of the time you look very intimidating, Mister Casimir. You always have this 'don't talk to me' aura floating around you. But now that I finally got the chance to at least know you even a little more, I realized the truth that you are kind and very gentle. Opposite of what I thought you would be."

Intimidating? What part of me is intimidating? I'm the most approachable-looking person you would meet.

"What do you mean? Weren't you already casual to me since the beginning?"

She chuckled. "To tell you the truth, I was extremely careful when it comes to you. I was always afraid that I might say something that may anger you. When you were around, I was always calculating every move I should make so I would not upset you and make you want to snap my neck."

My eyes instantly narrowed. "What made you think that I would do that?"

And did she just say that she's still holding back at me in that state? 

"Nonetheless, just like everyone telling me, your personality is completely different from the way you look."

Seriously, what do I look like to you? Am I looking like some kind of strict librarian? Because I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I raised my left hand and tapped her shoulder. "Don't get intimidated by me. I'm seeing you as my companion, so I'm expecting you to feel the same towards me." I removed my hand on her shoulder. "However, the truth that I already saw you as one of my friends and it turned out that for you, I am still not is a little bit saddening, no?

She gasped. "I always think that you are cool though." She raised her thumbs up while winking and sticking her tongue.

I nodded. "Fair."

We remained looking at each other for a moment and laughed at the same time.

But, seriously though. Am I intimidating?

40