Chapter 75: Official
875 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Besides the white fountain in front of the mansion was a long table covered in white fabric. Tanya, Karoon, and Misha, who was holding my hand, guided me towards the table while the people gathered inside the huge grassland and pathways in front of us were still clapping their hands.

Once more, I waved my hand at them and all of them stopped. Everyone was wearing formal attire that I assumed wasn't cheap to buy. There were some wearing suits and intricately designed dresses, however, there were also some who were wearing just simple long sleeves and dresses. 

As of now, not all of them could afford to buy costly suits, but the fact that they really went on their way to wear formal attire for this party was already more than enough reason for me to adore them more.

"Boss, you look great tonight." Leo tapped my shoulder as he approached me.

He's wearing a black tuxedo with a black bowtie. His long black hair was bunned revealing more of his tough-looking but at the same time easygoing featured face.

"Where did you get that suit?"

He pointed his thumb on his back. "Leal gave it to me, as you know, he got a lot of this thing just lying in his house."

"I didn't give it to you, you just barged into my room and took it. Also, I still can't believe that one of my tuxedos actually fit you." Leal emerged beside Leo.

Leal was wearing a gray tuxedo complete with a gray bow tie and gray slacks.

What would I say, I'm already so used to seeing Leal in a tuxedo as his everyday attire that I can't see any difference anymore. The only difference is he's not wearing his iconic white attire this time.

"See? He gave it to me." Leo said with a smirk on his face.

That's not what it sounds to me.

Next to Leal was a familiar face, but she was wearing different clothing. Kuro bowed her head at me and I nodded as a response. She was wearing a sleeveless red dress that greatly complimented her white complexion and impressive pair of eyes. Yes, I really meant eyes.

"Greetings, Mister Casimir."

"It's nice seeing you not wearing your usual maid outfit, Kuro."

"Kuro!" Karoon ran towards her and hugged her.

"Oh, Kuro. It's nice seeing you here, I thought Leal would not bring you here due to his fear that I might take you away." Tanya approached Kuro with a smile on her face. "So you know, our mansion is still spacious for the 3 of us. Karoon will be glad to have you in."

Kuro bowed her head on her. "Greetings, Lady Tanya."

"You look cute tonight, Kuro!"

"Thanks. You too, Karoon."

I walked past them and found Mehrad standing next to the fountain. He's wearing a black suit and slacks. He was watching the fountain as its water flowed down. His long red wavy hair swayed as his gentle face shifted at me and revealed a weak smile.

He walked towards me and pointed his hand on the wooden chair in the middle of the long table. "You should take your seat now to finally start the celebration, Ruler of the town of Agrona."

I nodded, as I wandered my eyes towards the person with me in front of the long table. They were already sitting in their respective seats. From the left of my seat were Tanya, Leal, Karoon, and Kuro, and on the right side were Misha, Leo, and Mehrad. I took my seat and sat, as I wandered my eyes around, the eyes of the visitors were on me.

A man wearing a black tuxedo appeared in front of our desk and raised his hand. "Let's show our utmost respect to the ruler of the town of Agrona, Lord Casimir Kismet!"

Isn't it too over the top?

All at once, the loud clapping resonated throughout the area. As I scanned them, I saw familiar faces. Mister Rudwick and Emily were there clapping their hands. Next to them was a group of children with Japheth at the very center who seemed very different now compared to when I first met him.

I pointed my eyes towards Leo. "It's a formal party, so it's mean, we're just having food and little to no liquor, right?"

But Tanya immediately caught my attention as she released a heavy sigh behind me.

That's not a good sign, isn't it?

Leo shrugged and revealed a smug. "What do you mean little to no? Mehrad is one of the people who organized this celebration." He pulled something under the table and raised it.

Yep, it's a freaking comically large bottle of booze. Why did I have my hopes up in the first place?

Leo stood up. "Let's drink ourselves to death!"

All at once, the deafening roar of the people inside the place echoed. As they revealed the massive bottles of booze and started to dance in the music while chugging their booze.

From a very tamed crowd to a bunch of chaotic hordes real quick. Who am I kidding? What would I expect from the citizens of the chaotic town of Agrona?

I massaged my forehead. "So the formal themed party earlier is just a facade, huh?"

"At least, they tried to give you a peaceful welcome before unleashing themselves." Mehrad calmly said while holding a wooden cup with orange liquid in his hand and giving it to Misha who was sitting beside me not even fazed by the disaster happening right in front of her.

On the other hand, Leo was laughing maniacally while cheering the wild crowd in front of us and handing us all our drinks.

On that note, oy, Mehrad, aren't you the one responsible for all of it? How come Karoon lets you do whatever the hell you want? Oh, now that I think about it, never mind.

"What is this?" Leal asked while narrowing his eyes.

"That's your booze," Leo answered.

"I know, but..." He raised the teacup in his hand. "Why in a teacup? Are you messing with me?"

Leo shook his head. "No. Haven't you been drinking your booze as if they were tea? At least now, you can do it in a real teacup. Isn't that great?"

Leal stared at the teacup with his enlarged eyes. "You... I will kill you!"

While laughing, Leo jumped out and joined the dancing crowd. "This will be the best celebration ever!" He chugged the bottle he was holding. 

Yup, I already forgot that he's wearing a freaking tuxedo!

"It's quite messy, but it goes to show that they really like you as their ruler."

I shifted my gaze towards Tanya who's currently looking at the crowd. She shifted her gaze at me and revealed a gentle smile.

I smiled back. "You are right. However, no matter how messy this celebration is, seeing the smiles of the people. I like it the way it is."

It felt like paradise to me.

36