Chapter 76: Harmony
910 10 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Under the light of the full moon and the starry night. The laughter of the people around me could be heard as I moved my body to dance to the music. As I turned my gaze upon Misha who was standing in front of me, I found her laughing while watching me.

"What? Did my way of dancing look funny?" I was doing the Running man dance to the music of string guitar.

I know it's weird, but it's the only dance I can do!

She shook her head. "Big bro Casimir, you are so cool."

I can clearly tell that she's just being considerate with me this time.

I already drank a lot and I'm pretty sure I'm already almost at my limit now, so all the people dancing with me. 

We're dancing for a few minutes now. 

I must say, this party is more of a bar than a formal party.

Some of them were already shouting and there's also some who were singing songs, but I couldn't even comprehend the words they were saying. Maybe some gibberish drunk songs.

I felt a hand over my shoulder. "Where is your cup, Boss?" Leo asked while jumping and holding a huge bottle of booze.

"I left it over the table."

He nodded. "Don't worry about it." He raised his bottle. "Could someone give our boss a cup? It's his celebration so we need to make him drink to death!"

"I got it." Mehrad walked towards me and handed me a cup.

"Let's drink till one of us is dead!" Leo shouted and everyone responded by shouting back.

This time I would definitely die due to alcohol poisoning.

"Misha." A pink-haired demon girl walked towards us and shyly bowed her head to me.

I think she's the same age as Misha.

"I will go play with them." Misha declared.

"Oh, sure. Take care."

As I said my approval, they immediately ran from the crowds and went in the direction of the other side of the mansion.

I am glad to see that she finally got friends to hang out with.

I drank the cup of booze bottoms up and heard the cheering of the crowd. Everyone was jumping and I could feel the alcohol finally kicking in me.

I think the booze we're drinking is much stronger than we drank the last time. Not 'Mind breaker' level strong, but still very strong.

"That's what I'm saying! Another round!" Leo poured another full in my cup and gulped the massive bottle he was holding.

Once more, I drank my booze bottoms up and felt the effect of the alcohol.

Then I felt my sight start to blur. "What's up with this booze? It tastes the same as the last time, but why does it feel much stronger?"

Leo smirked. "I put a very little drop of Fang faction's specialty in every bottle for this party."

I narrowed my eyes. "Do you mean mind bre-"

"Shhh, that word is taboo for tonight, everyone will stop drinking if they heard about it. Just watch, Boss, sooner or later, you will see all of them fall flat to the ground." He laughed like an evil inventor finally completed his 'inator' machine.

Wah, this guy. He's a walking disaster.

"Oh, where are you going, Boss?"

"I just need to check on something."

The truth is, I am already drunk and I don't want to fall flat to the ground after I drink more of that shit.

I need to escape!

I walked in the direction of another patio at the edge of the left side of the mansion. Different from the patio located at the center of the grassland next to the pathways.

As I walked through, Leal came out from the crowd of people and I think the booze that he drank was already kicking in him. It's apparent due to the way he walked. He's already swaying. His arm was on Kuro's shoulder as she pulled him towards the stone bench away from the crowd and sat with him.

Of course, Kuro is alright, from what I observed, she doesn't drink.

"Is he alright?" I stood in front of them.

"Yes, I suppose."

"How much did he drink?"

"This is the first cup."

First cup? How low is this guy's alcohol tolerance?

Kuro's eyes shifted towards the crowd. "Maybe there's something on his drink."

About that. 

"You should bring him to the mansion to get some rest."

"No." Leal immediately lay down and used Kuro's lap as his pillow. "Don't even think about it, I would rather kill myself than let you enter that place."

On the other hand, Kuro didn't show any reaction and just let Leal be.

"Master Leal, Mister Casimir is here, he could hear you."

Leal covered his face using his wrist. "I know and I don't mind even if he hears me."

Yep, he's definitely very much drunk!

"Well, I'm going to leave you 2 here. If someone looks for me, just say that you didn't see me." I walked towards the patio from afar.

Kuro bowed her head. "I understand."

As I reached the patio, I stretched my arms while walking inside. "At last, safe haven!"

However, as I wandered my eyes around, I saw a silhouette at the edge of the patio sitting at the bottom frame of the window and leaning on the wall.

Due to the complete invisibility of her mana manifestation, I didn't realize that she was here sooner.

I chuckled. "And I thought I am the only one trying to run off from the booze."

I received no reply.

I jumped towards the window frame and sat next to her and stared at her face. She's still leaning on the wall.

"Oy, Tanya, are you alright?"

The only response I received was a soft groan. 

I activated my Fire magic to check her up, but what I found was her sleepy red face.

Of course, she's just drunk.

Her eyes reacted to the light and groaned while staring at me with her narrowing eyes.

"Casimir... light." She said with such a soft voice that I couldn't even imagine she was capable of making.

"Oh, my bad."

I immediately turned off my Fire magic.

Better leave her be, I still don't know what a drunk gothic fairy is capable of and I don't want to know.

"What may be the main reason why you are here?"

Oh, she talked.

"Just like you, I am just fleeing from the alcohol poisoning party."

I heard her soft chuckle.

Man, her soft voice hits different!

"I mean, what are you doing in this town? What was the reason for your arrival here?"

I shifted my gaze on her and found her looking down. She's no longer leaning on the wall.

I looked up to the moon in the middle of the starry sky. "Hmm? How do I say it? It all happened because I met a very adorable demon girl and in order to save her, we traveled here because this was the only place we could go. Quite lackluster to be honest, I have no great purpose, I just want to save her and myself."

"I see, I should have thanked Misha for finally bringing you here."

I chuckled. "What does that even mean?"

However, the next thing I felt was her head on my shoulder. Her perfume instantly occurred to me so as her soft arms in my arms. Even though I was wearing a suit, I could feel it. Her body was moving as she breathed and I could hear her soft groan.

"You are already drunk. Do elves really have a very low tolerance for alcohol? I didn't see you drink a lot earlier."

She didn't reply.

For a few seconds, we remained silent as I watched the starry sky. The gentle wind was blowing on us and the mild coldness it was delivering felt really relaxing.

"Casimir, you had me waited for so long, I almost thought that you would never come anymore and that stupid oracle just deceived me again." She said softly.

Oracle, huh?

I shifted my gaze on her and found her closed eyes while still leaning on me.

Thanks to the light coming from the moon, I could clearly see her face. When she's not wearing her prideful smile, she looks very innocent and fragile, far from her usual character. 

Maybe that's why she always does, she doesn't want to appear innocent and fragile.

I exhaled. "Welp, shitty things happened, I am here now."

The only response I received was her soft chuckle.

I couldn't help but smile at her unusual demeanor.

It's so unreal that I can't still believe it even though I am already hearing and seeing it.

I slowly exhaled and looked up.

These peaceful times where there's only happiness and fun. Everyone has smiles on their faces, with no sign of fear, sorrow, or even hardship. Just harmony.

I hope it just stays like this.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead! 

36