Chapter 98: Dark Triad
812 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Inside the vicinity of the forest near the main entrance of the town of Agrona. A brutal battle was taking place, an entire troop was fighting against a single enemy.

"Captain!"

Leo threw the lifeless body he was holding releasing his bloody hand on the dead Captain's chest. "That's the 9th Captain."

However, the troop who lost their Captain didn't falter and raised their weapons with utmost resolve on their faces.

"Don't be afraid, people of the light, the blessing of the God and Goddesses of Ulterra is with us! The forces of evil will never prevail!" Shouted one of the knights. "The hero is with us!"

All at once, all the knights formed their formation and surrounded Leo, preparing for an all-out assault.

Leo's laughter resonated throughout the area instantly putting the knights in confusion.

"What's funny, Demi-human?"

"Hero you said? There is no hero on this battlefield... nor good or evil. We are all just fighting for what we believe in as right. Now that you just declared what you believe in. It's my turn to say mine. This is what I believe..." Leo raised his blood-soaked right hand. "You all are fortunate to witness it, the beginning of the ascension of the great ruler of the town of Agrona! The entire world will tremble and every nation will kneel before him! Is he evil? Or is he righteous?" A huge smirk emerged on Leo's face. "The truth is, it doesn't matter. Because we will be at his side whether he chooses to bring heaven or true hell into this world! That belief is exactly what you have for your Commander, you are calling it being on the side of light or good... but I am calling it... devotion. As long as he wishes to, we will burn this world in his command!"

The only thing the entire troop surrounding him could do was stare at him with disbelief.

"Such vile beast... charge!"

As they ran towards Leo, his ominous laughter became more audible, indicating the brutal end they were about to face. "You didn't come here to conquer us, you have come here to become our first stepping stone for our grand conquest! Kingdom of Milana!"

As the knights jumped on him, blood splattered to the ground as the knights' bodies were cut in half and everyone who went on his way was completely obliterated.

Calling it a battle was an untruth, it was a one-sided massacre.

***

On the other side of the forest, silence was shrouded in the area. The only thing that could be heard was the wind and the heavy groaning of the remaining knight squatting in the middle of the pile of corpses of an entire troop.

"How is this happening?" The Captain of the troop said while staring at the dagger aimed at his forehead by his own hand with his shivering teary eyes.

"You just slaughtered your entire troop, that must be very painful."

As the Captain moved his eyes, what greeted him was Leal's stoic face.

"You are a monster!"

Leal chuckled. "No, no. You are. I am not the one who killed my own allies, and I don't think I would end up doing what you have just done." Half of Leal's lips rose. "They've trusted you with their lives, but look at them now." Leal shrugged. "How pitiful."

"You will pay for this!"

"No. This is the price of your kingdom's arrogance. And this is just the beginning. Your Commander, he just challenged the worst person to pick a fight with. Do you know what would happen if the ruler of the town of Agrona met your Commander?"

"Tanya will die in the hands of Commander Einar!"

Leal tilted his head sideways. "I see. I get it now." He slowly nodded. "Once the ruler of the town of Agro- No. Once our ruler meets your Commander, the growth that he would get after fighting your Commander will immediately propel him and this town to the top of the power hierarchy. It will bring chaos and will put a great tremor in this world. Everyone will know his name and he will crush anyone foolish enough to stand against him." Leal smiled. "What a terrifying monster. Luckily, I am on his side."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" The Captain shouted in confusion while his shivering eyes were on the dagger slowly pressing on his forehead.

"You investigated not enough. Our ruler is not Tanya Latora. She never was. Our ruler is a meruem named Casimir Kismet."

Before the Captain could react, the dagger penetrated his forehead, instantly killing him.

Leal walked away from the massacre he just created. "As long as he will protect the most important thing to me, I will have no problem following him. No matter what goal he has. That is my conviction."

***

Inside the forest near the Spriggan faction. A swarm of countless knights was forming a circle surrounding their target while raising their weapons.

In the middle of the huge army was Tanya just standing while expressing a proud smile on her face and crossing her arms.

"Prepare for battle!" One of the knights shouted.

"This is the end of your reign, Shadow fairy!"

Tanya nodded. "Yes, it is. However, I hope you are prepared for the one who will take the reign after me. Once this war reaches its conclusion, the entire Ulterra will see what kind of ruler this town has. Every nation will realize why Magerna has chosen him as her valiant hero... and I will be on his side to see it all realized. All of it will start now."

"Eradicate all evil in this world! Charge!"

All at once, all the knights surrounding her rushed towards her.

Tanya raised her hand and gripped her fist. "It's time. My Supreme class skill. Fulfill my bidding. Annihilate all of my enemies, my shadows."

What came next was a surge of deafening cries of agony.

After a few minutes, another troop of knights arrived at the location. All of them attentively checked every direction for any signs of their enemy.

"Don't let your guard down!" The Captain in the front of the formation shouted.

"Isn't there supposed to be 4 troops already in this place? Where are they?" One of the knights asked.

"I am certain that at this point, they are already fighting the Sha-"

"Help!" The conversation stopped when a hollowed agonizing call resonated throughout the area.

They immediately raised their weapons.

"What's that?"

"Help! It hurts!"

"Kill me!"

"Please kill me!" The entire army's attention shifted when a silhouette emerged from the thickness of the forest.

A massive shadowy creature walking on all four with its hands and feet equipped with long and sharp black claws suddenly appeared, its entire body was jet black except for its terrifying red eyes where tears made of blood were flowing out. It opened its massive mouth revealing its enormous sharp black fangs. 

"What in God's names is that?"

"Is that you, Captain?" The shadow figure talked. But before anyone could react, its unnerving roar that resembled a roar of a lion resounded throughout the area, and what came next was the wave of the countless roars from afar that were traveling towards their location.

"Charge!" The Captain of the troop shouted.

The shadowy figure jumped into the formation, and after a few moments, an entire swarm arrived and butchered everyone caught in their way while the hollowed voices inside them continuously cried for help.

Every knight who died in their hands would instantly turn into a shadowy creature as well.

"Captain! Help me!" One of the knights cried while his entire body was slowly transforming into a massive shadow creature. His eyes bloated and started to bleed while reaching his massive black hand to his Captain in front of him. "Captain! It hurts!"

All the Captain could do was stare at his suffering subordinate with great horror. "This is a nightmare! What kind of magic is this!"

His shivering eyes instantly shifted when a rustling sound sounded a few meters away from him. And what came out put him in great despair.

"Help me! It hurts! End my pain!"

"That's why I really hate using this skill." Tanya came out from the thick forest while crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes. "They are making obnoxious sounds. It's irritating."

Beside her were 2 of the shadow creatures. As they stood beside her, the great difference in size was revealed. The shadow creatures were so massive that Tanya ended up looking like a child compared to the behemoths standing on both of her sides.

"End me!"

The Captain stared at her with great hatred. "You! You monster!"

Tanya ignored the furious Captain and stared at the massacre happening in front of her. "Spare no one."

The massive creatures beside her roared and rushed to the battle and continued the onslaught, attacking the despaired Captain first.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

33