Chapter 107: Why
739 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I exhaled as I wandered my eyes through the backside of our campus before shifting my gaze towards the person standing right in front of me while her hands were connected to each other while looking down. She was a schoolmate of mine.

"I think you are cool and do you remember? You saved me against the guys who were bullying me before. Since that day, I have already known that I like you, Casimir. I... I heard you're not dating anyone so I toughened myself to confess to you. Maybe we should try to go out?" She said while still looking down.

I don't remember the saving from the bullies part, but maybe, it really happened. Maybe.

I scratched the back of my head as I chuckled. "Uhm... how do I say this? If I'm gonna be honest, I will say that you are quite cute… like waifu material cute and I would love to go out with you. It's also true that as of this moment, I'm not dating anyone, But the thing is..." I covered my face with my palm. "I already have someone that I like."

She raised her face and stared at my face using her pair of brown eyes and smiled. "I see."

I smiled. "Sorry about that."

After that, she walked out and I just watched her slowly disappear from my sight before I walked towards the exit of the backside of the school.

"That's the second one this month. I felt bad about her. However, it goes to show that girls really love bad boys with occasional knights in shining armor moments."

Upon hearing that familiar voice, I shifted my gaze towards the outside wall of the gate. Myrtle was leaning on the wall while staring at me with a playful smile on her face.

"I thought you went home with Edward?"

She walked towards the road in the direction of our home. "Edward said he would go first, but he will meet us at your house later. So I decided to check out Mister Popular here."

"Please don't call me that."

She chuckled and walked beside me. Her bangs were swaying in her every movement. As I stared at her fascinating pair of black eyes while she was looking at the road in front of her, all I could see was elegance.

"I suggest, if you're going to fabricate an excuse to reject someone, don't always go with 'I already like someone', it will get old soon, you only have me and Edward with you, even though we have been friends for a long time now, I don't recall anyone close enough to be called as a person that you like. People will find out soon that you're just making excuses to avoid any disturbance in your hobby." She smirked. "Unless you are referring to Edward as the person that you like. I won't judge though." She chuckled.

"I am not lying, I like someone and I've been wanting to ask her out for a long time now."

She stopped and looked down, for a few seconds, she remained silent before repeatedly nodding her head. "I see. Good for you, then. You should ask her out soon, maybe she would end up liking you back. However, good luck to her for having such a troublesome boyfriend like you." She started to walk but this time her movement increased.

"Myrtle," I called for her.

"What, Casimir?" For some reason, her voice had a hint of irritation in it.

Why, though?

"Let's go out..." I scratched my cheek using my index finger. "What do you think?"

She looked back at me, her eyes widened. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke. "Are you serious?"

I walked towards her. "Yeah. Are you good with it? I know it's really sudden, but what do you think?"

Rather than answering me, she responded to my question with a teasing smile while directly looking right into my eyes.

I felt my face turn hot, I shifted my gaze away from her. "Don't look at me like that, I'm serious." I covered my lips using my palm. "It's kinda embarrassing, you know?"

I heard her loud chuckle as if I just cracked a very funny joke, and the very thing I said just now was the grand punchline.

Yep. Who said the worst she can say is no?

I narrowed my eyes. "A simple no will be more than enough. You don't need to do me this dirty if you don't want to."

She immediately stopped and stared at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh like that. It's just unexpected."

"Yeah, I'm fully aware."

She handed over her hand to me while expressing a gentle smile on her beautiful face. "Then, let's go out, Mister Slowpoke."

"Wait, are you serious?"

She chuckled again. "I am. Now, grab my hand because it's starting to get hurt."

I grabbed her hand. It was soft, so soft that I thought if I squeezed it a little harder, it would break apart. So fragile, but at the same time, so precious. "What?"

Her teasing smile became wider. "Nothing, I just realized, by just holding my hand, your inner ugly bastard is starting to come out, it's completely visible on your face."

"Why do I like you again?"

She chuckled and pulled my hand as she walked. "Similarly, I was asking that same question every night. And here I am still wondering why."

That very moment was the sweetest memory that I had. When my heart was in bliss.

Nothing can beat the sensation of having your feeling getting answered back by the one who you cherished so much. 

Since that day, we started dating. Thanks to the common hobby that we had, anime, cosplay, and games the two of us love those things. For several months of dating, I thought to myself, 'This is it'. At a young age, I began to plan my life, changing everything in me just to be a fitting partner for such a perfect girl like her.

However, even the sweetest of dreams has its own end.

I entered our house and found Irina and mom in the kitchen preparing for lunch. "Mom, is Myrtle's family on vacation? I haven't seen her since the summer break. I'm planning to lend her the new manga I bought."

Both Irina and mom looked at me with surprise on their faces.

"You didn't know, Big bro?"

I shrugged. "Know what?"

Mom gasped at my response. "Myrtle's family decided to move overseas, they left 3 days ago after the class ended. It happened so suddenly that they didn't get a chance to say goodbye to us." Mom put her hand on her cheek. "Even I was surprised, I have no idea why, they just disappeared, and before I knew it, they're gone."

What? What happened? Why so sudden? Why didn't I know about this?

Why didn't she say anything! The last time we were together she didn't show even a small sign that she would suddenly leave!

"I see."

"Are you alright, Big bro?"

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

"Of course, I am."

"They left a letter for us, Casimir. Do you want to read it?"

"Have Myrtle left something for me?"

The face of concern occurred on mom's face. "No. This is just her parents' letter to us. She didn't tell you anything?"

No call!

No letter!

No warning!

All this time, I have no idea!

She just left without saying anything!

What did I do to get fucked like this? With the girl that I cherish the most?

Then, a realization occurred to me.

I was left on my own.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

31