Chapter 108: Mess
797 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Before I knew it, summer break ended, and classes started again. But all those times of waiting, I received nothing from her.

In a blink of an eye, she completely disappeared from my life... and never came back.

While sitting in front of my computer and watching an anime, I heard someone knock on my door. I opened it and was greeted by the smile of my little sister.

"Do you need anything, Irina?"

Rather than answering my question, she slipped into my room and wandered her eyes all around. She was wearing an oversized plain white T-shirt and black short shorts, her back-length black wavy hair bounced as she hopped around my room to open the window, letting the sunlight go through my room.

It's Saturday noon.

The next thing she did was stare at the anime figurines in the divider next to my bedroom. "I'm planning to go to the mall to buy a Kaname Madoka figurine. Want to come with me? I'll buy you a bottle of orange juice."

I exhaled as I stared at her with my narrowing eyes. "I didn't say that you could come in."

She ran to my computer to see what I was watching. "Woah, you're watching this? I have seen it, this one is good."

"No spoiler please."

She smiled at me. "I want to watch it again, should we watch it together, Big bro?"

I shrugged. "I don't mind." I sat on my bed and just watched her picking up the empty chip bags on the floor and putting them in the trash can beside my computer desk.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat lunch? Mom cooked beef stew for you."

"I would love to, but I'm not hungry, Irina."

She put her right hand on her waist. "Are you on a diet, Big bro? Please don't, you are too thin for that." She chuckled.

"I'm not."

She repeatedly nodded. She sat next to me and the next thing I felt was her head on my shoulder.

"Do you need anything, Irina? You should ask mom or dad if you do, I don't have money."

She didn't reply and just stared at my computer currently playing the anime I was watching.

"I know that you are the one who got hurt the most when Myrtle suddenly left us. Aren't you 2 dating?"

"Yes? Why ask me that? Wasn't it obvious that we were dating?"

"Just to be sure. Because knowing you, you are such a big slowpoke that it won't be a surprise if it turns out that you 2 weren't dating after all."

I shook my shoulder to get her off my shoulder. "Have you come here just to mock me?"

I gently poked her cheek, but she stared at me with great concern in her eyes. I covered her eyes with my palm and gently pushed her head away.

"Big bro, it hurts, you know?"

"Then, don't look at me like that, it's irritating." Once more I shook my shoulder.

She clasped her hands on my forearm and unleashed a huge sigh. "Big bro, you look stupid when broken-hearted. But don't get me wrong, you always look stupid, it's just this time you look stupid and messed up at the same time. It's quite concerning... and even if I don't want to, it's making me worried about you."

"I know."

I felt her nod while her face was still attached to my shoulder. "It's a good thing your gracious little sister is here to comfort you when you are down. What would happen to your sorry face if I am not here?"

"I know... I know."

For a few minutes, we remained silent and just watched the show occurring on the monitor.

She didn't say anything, but I could feel my pain slowly being relieved with her great help by just being with me. My little sister Irina, most of the time, we were fighting and contradicting each other, but at times like this, it made me understand that I was very lucky to have such a thoughtful little sister like her.

"Ah, that character! That one is great!"

"I said, no spoilers."

She raised her head and stared right into my eyes while smiling. "I haven't spoiled anything... yet."

I glared at her. "If you're just going to ruin my day by spoiling things, why don't you just go out? Besides, seeing your ugly face here makes me want to feel more sorry about my tragic life."

She slapped my shoulder. "You really are rude!"

I raised my hand, patted her head, and smiled. "But seriously though, I am thankful that you are here. Now that Myrtle is no longer around, I no longer have a choice but to pour all my love to my lovable little sister."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she stood up. "On second thought... yuck." She glared at me. "Siscon."

She marched towards the door while I was just chuckling while watching her.

"Irina..." I said weakly. "Thanks... for staying with me, even though I am a big mess."

She closed her eyes and opened them again as she stared back at me. "Since we were young, you were always the troublesome one. I'm so used to always helping and understanding you that it has become a part of me now, unfortunately for me." She exhaled. "That's how problematic you are."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I am fully aware." I raised my hands. "Now, come here and hug your problematic big bro."

"Ew!" She closed the door and left me alone.

Slowly, I tried to lift myself up. For most of my life, Myrtle was with me, so saying that I could easily forget her was a big lie. But I did my best to live my life with her no longer at my side.

I entered the classroom and was greeted by the terrified stares of my classmates. I wandered my eyes around them and shrugged.

"Is there a problem?"

They looked at each other as if they were talking using their eyes. After a few seconds, one of my classmates walked toward me.

"Casimir." He said while holding a white letter envelope in his hands.

"What is that?"

He handed me the letter. "It's from Paul from Franciscano high."

I grabbed the letter and read what was written in it. Upon seeing the message, great hatred instantly crawled up my head. My shivering hand dropped the white paper.

"Edward."

I walked out of the room and stumbled upon our homeroom teacher.

"Mister Kismet, the class is about to start."

But it wasn't enough to stop me on my track. I clenched my fists as I rushed out of the campus. Towards the place the letter told me to go alone.

I just lost Myrtle and now they decided to harm Edward? My best friend!

Those clowns!

"Hey! The class is about to start! Where are you planning to go?" The gate guard tried to catch up with me, but he was slow.

I felt my jaw clenched as I stared right at my path. "If something happens to him, I… I will destroy them!"

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

28