Chapter 125: Which Path
608 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


As the sun went down and the night dominated the sky, the gentle wind blew on us. I closed my eyes as I felt the gentle wind slowly brushing my hair. As I opened my eyes again, what greeted me was the scenery in front of us, the lights gradually brightening the dark place. As I looked up, what greeted me was the slowly forming starry sky.

A world of peace, huh? If I'm gonna be honest, that's one hell of a good idea.

I brushed my hair up and stared at Prince Dieter, his eyes were focused on the scenery in front of us, the lights inside the town of Agrona. His iconic pompous smile could not be seen. All I could see was a smile of satisfaction. As I shifted my gaze at Karoon, her eyes instantly shifted to me and expressed a wide smile.

I slowly breathed out. "We should go home now. And you, Prince Dieter. I prepared an inn for you to stay in. You should go now to take a rest after this tiring day."

He looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"And here I thought you would invite me to spend the night in your mansion." Prince Dieter said as his pompous smile finally emerged again on his face. "Don't worry, I will settle in any available room in your mansion."

My hands immediately moved and waved. "Nope."

The mansion is not mine. I don't want Tanya to look at me with her dagger eyes every time our eyes meet once I take someone in without asking her first.

"How cold. Is that how you treat a friend after traveling from a far distance? Aren't we friends now?" He shrugged.

I tilted my head sideways. "Maybe we are, but it's not an excuse I can tell to the owner of the mansion. If you really want to, you can ask her yourself." I too shrugged. "But good luck on that. I have seen her countless times now throwing people out of her mansion and believe me, her way of throwing people out is not something a human can survive."

Most of the time it's Mehrad and Leo the moment they start arguing inside the mansion, occasionally, including Leal if he somehow got caught up with the commotion. I was just lucky enough to not experience it yet... and I don't want to. The usual scenarios were them literally flying out of the mansion! All I could do was watch in horror.

He chuckled, even Karoon who was standing beside me chuckled as if I just cracked a very funny joke.

Yeah, sure.

"Then, I'll take my leave now. See you maybe tomorrow, Karoon, Lord Casimir." He turned his back on us and walked towards the direction of the Fang faction, to Mister Rudwick's inn. His hands were on his pants pockets while expressing a wide smile.

"Bye, bye, Prince Dieter!" Karoon waved her hands on him while jumping as we watched him slowly disappear from our sight.

Upon confirming that he was gone.

I exhaled. "This tiring day is finally over."

Karoon raised her thumbs up while smiling at me. "You did a good job, Mister Casimir!" She said as she gently tapped my shoulder.

I stretched my arms as I walked towards the carriage picking us up. "Really? But I don't remember doing anything."

"Ehh? And here I am thinking you look so cool while conversing diplomatic topics with Prince Dieter. You've just ensured the future relationship between Agrona and the kingdom of Inizio by befriending the future king of the kingdom." She said while following me.

I slightly narrowed my eyes. "Ah... maybe."

I hopped to the carriage and Karoon followed me, she sat on the opposite side where I was sitting. As the carriage moved, she looked outside while her cheeks were bloating.

I looked outside and slowly breathed out. "A world of peace, where every race can live together in harmony. What a terrific goal. It is extremely hard to achieve, and the risk of failure can be greater than the possibility of success. Is it worth a try, if the consequences are as great or far greater than the prize once it ends up failing?" I leaned my head against the glass window. "Karoon, do you have a say about it? Do you want a world like that? I want to hear what you think."

She stared at me for a few seconds before slowly nodding. "To tell you the truth, Mister Casimir. I do want that world. I really do." She revealed a smile full of tenderness. "But I know that I don't need to say anything. Because I know that you know what is the right thing to do. Besides, no matter what choice you choose, I have my trust that you have chosen it because it's for our good. No matter what path you go, I will follow you... and I know I am not alone. Everyone in this town will... because you are our ruler."

Karoon...

I smiled as I grabbed her cheek and gently pinched it. "You're so cute!"

"Nya! Mister Casimir!" She complained, but she did not try to stop me. I removed my hand from her cheek, she pouted her lips as she rubbed her palm on her cheek.

I raised my hand and patted her head, her pouted lips slowly shrunk as she stared at me with tenderness in her beautiful pair of almond brown eyes.

"Thanks, Karoon."

"Hmm mmm." She shook her head. "Thanks, Mister Casimir, for making Agrona a better place for everyone."

No... I didn't make it. This has indeed been the result of my naive idea, but you people are the ones who brought it to its realization.

As the carriage arrived at the mansion, we hopped down and entered the mansion. What greeted us in the living room was Tanya and Misha sitting beside each other while having a deep conversation about something.

I raised my hand. "Yo."

Misha immediately stood up and ran towards me to hug me. "Big bro Casimir!"

I squatted and smiled at her. "How's your day?"

"Great. As always. Big sis Tanya and I played tea party and many other games."

I patted her head. "It's great then."

I shifted my gaze to Tanya and found her being wrapped in Karoon's arms, she was staring at me, upon seeing that I stared back, she crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes. "So, how was your... meeting?"

"It turned out fine. Karoon accompanied me. As expected, she pretty much ended up getting along really well with Prince Dieter. That's Karoon for you."

"Tan-tan, I've missed you!"

"I know, Karoon. But you should change, you smell like grass. Where grassland did you roll around this time?"

"Ehh?"

On the other hand, Misha smiled at me while her hands were connected while loose and swaying in the air.

I raised my index finger and smiled at her. "And oh, I brought something for dinner. We should eat now."

"Yay!" Misha grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dining room.

Tanya stood up and both she and Karoon followed us. As she reached me while walking. She looked up at me while still crossing her arms.

"What is it this time? I hope it's not something that is still moving as we eat it."

I chuckled. "No. No. I won't bring that thing again."

Now... Which path will benefit everyone? Which path should I choose?

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

20