Chapter 149: Smoke And Mirrors
449 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The beginning of the great battle between the forces of humanity and elves occurred. The massive forces clashed and the ground flooded with the blood of the ones who met their demise.

Two powerful forces relying on two different types of fighting methods. The humanity who were inclined to rely on their raw power and resilience and the elven people who had great confidence in their speed and magical superiority against their physically dependent and durable enemies, moving in such grace while riding their white wolves and attacking the forces of humanity with both physical and magical attacks.

On one side of the battlefield, the loud screams of the warriors of humanity could be heard as they were crushed by the living vines that suddenly emerged from the ground. The warriors of humanity saw the culprit and immediately, the mages fired a barrage of magic attacks in his direction.

However, before the magic attacks could even hit King Asmit, the ground rose up and formed a massive hand crushing the mages in one strike.

"Once they've lost their mages and healers, all of them will flee like ants! Don't give them even a little bit of time to regret their misstep of challenging us! Crush them all!" The white tiger King Asmit riding on roared and what came next was the synchronized scream of the warriors of the kingdom of Erela as they pushed forward through the line of the enemies. "This is the price of your audacity, humanity!"

The tiger leaped towards the nearest human troops and as King Asmit traveled towards them, the ground shattered and instantly dropped the human knights caught up in the massive hole, while the elven warriors just jumped out with their white wolves and easily got away from the massive crater that King Asmit created.

After a few seconds, the hole closed, crushing everything inside the hole. At the same time, living vines rose from the ground and grabbed the other knights, and instantly crushed them to their demise.

"Your Majesty." The elven warriors riding the white wolves called King Asmit as he passed through them.

King Asmit shifted his gaze towards the location where an explosion of white electric current was visible, completely overpowering the enemies trying to stop it. The one who was tasked to deal with the troublesome healers and mages.

King Asmit wandered his eyes throughout the battlefield, and a proud smile emerged on his face. "Everything has been going smoother than I thought. It seems this war will end sooner than we had expected." He pulled the strap of the white tiger. "Spread our forces and secure all the routes they could use to flee. We will let no one escape, we will destroy them all to make an example for the other kingdoms of humanity, for them to finally realize why they should never challenge us."

"As you wish,Your Majesty." Right away, the elves riding their wolves spread out and after a few seconds, the horns sounded throughout the battlefield.

Once more, the white tiger rushed towards the nearest forces of humanity while King Asmit who was riding on it was expressing a prideful smile on his beautiful face. "This war will be over in no time."

As King Asmit ordered, the forces of the warriors of the kingdom of Erela spread out and chased after their enemies. Slowly, the forces of the kingdom of Erela moved forward to completely overwhelm the forces of humanity moving back to run away from the powerful forces chasing after them. 

Surrounded, had nowhere to go, and slowly being crushed by their much faster and magically superior foes. At first glance, it seemed the forces of humanity were already on the brink of an anticlimactic defeat.

"Your Majesty, there is only one route we haven't covered yet, and it seems the forces of humanity have been running in that direction. There are still at least more than 30,000 of them left. Should our main forces intercept them?"

King Asmit slowly nodded. "Yes. Let's send our main forces to annihilate them, 30,000 warriors are nothing compared to our overwhelming number. Although it's quite disappointing that this war turns out much easier than I had anticipated... I can conclude that this battle is over, and this is our victory."

The elven warrior repeatedly nodded. "Indeed, Your Majesty. Indeed."

The horn of war once more sounded throughout the battlefield. The overwhelming number of elven forces encompasses the fleeing forces of humanity with King Asmit leading the way. With such speed and devastating magic capabilities, everyone who was caught in his way was destroyed.

While charging toward the main forces of humanity, once more, King Asmit used his vines to crush the fleeing knights. However, one of the knights managed to endure long enough to laugh at King Asmit even though he was getting crushed by the vines.

"What is humorous, Lowly human?"

The human knight spat blood in front of King Asmit and smiled. "What is humorous? Perhaps... It's because I know your kingdom will be obliterated. Nonetheless, aren't you wandering a little bit too far out from your lawn... Your Majesty?"

King Asmit's eyes furrowed. "What do you mean?"

Suddenly, Prince Alric arrived while his entire body was covered with white electricity. "Father, we have successfully surrounded them all, there's no way for them to escape now."

However, King Asmit's confused expression on his face did not even change. "What do you mean? Human?"

The knight laughed as his life slowly faded away. And with a voice filled with satisfaction, he spoke his final words. "You all... fell for it." 

What came next was a surge of eerie sounds coming from the sky. As they looked up, what greeted them was a horde of hundreds of metallic behemoths floating in the sky. As the metal vehicles slowly revealed themselves by descending from the atmosphere, their appearance was conveyed.

Black aerial vehicles clad with metal walls as protection from any kind of projectiles the forces of the kingdom of Erela were capable of making. And an appearance that resembled a certain demon race due to the jet black horns in front of the vehicles. The people of the meruem tribe. Scattered throughout the battlefield right above the forces of the kingdom of Erela.

Immediately, the vehicles of chaos started to blast powerful beams of light beneath them, completely obliterating anything caught in their way while generating eerie sounds along with cries of their victims unfortunate enough to get hit by them.

With his enlarged eyes, King Asmit only could stare at the monstrosities proceeding to obliterate his people. His eyes shivered as his jaw dropped. "What... are those?"

 End of the month again! I just want to take this time to thank those who supported and still support me on Patreon. Man, some of you have been supporting me since day one, you know who you are, I am talking to you, thank you very much. And anyway, I bought coffee with that money… lots and lots of coffee, I'm literally swimming in coffee right now. Just kidding, not yet, but who knows in the future, right? LOL. Thanks, guys, I love you all.

That's it, thanks for reading my story. And feel free to comment, I'm reading it!

Peace out.

15