Chapter 167: Fate Weaver
386 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Magerna, the sole reason why I was summoned in this world. The reason why I became a meruem. What was her plan for bringing me into this world?

Who is she?

Leal stepped forward towards the edge of the hill and faced me again. "If I'm going to tell you about it, we need to go back way far in history. About 300 years ago, back in the era that the people of Ulterra called as... The reign of endless night. The era of relentless conquest of the Demon Lord, Rael."

I slowly nodded.

"After hundreds of years of inactivity, 300 years ago, legions of demons led by the Demon Lord suddenly started a grand quest for world domination and decided to attack us elves first. It was a brutal and awfully long age of war. Due to that war, many of the variants of our race perished and met their extinction. However, after years of fighting, perhaps the Demon Lord realized that they could not defeat us, as long as we have the Fairy king on our side. So, they decided to change their target and attacked humanity instead."

This world has a very gruesome history!

He closed his eyes as the wind blew toward us and opened them again and stared at me with no emotion on his face. "And so, the great war between humanity and Demons happened. But then, even with the help of the nation of Beastkins, humanity had no power that could compete against the overwhelming legions of the Demon Lord. After the humans' at that time current admired Hero perished in the hands of the Demon Lord himself, one after another, the nations of humanity collapsed pushing them to their very end. However, Right before the forces of demons could drive humanity to its very extinction, another hero of humanity emerged and defeated the Demon Lord and his hundreds of thousands of warriors. Without an army... without any support... alone."

"And that hero was not wearing glorious full body armor, and not a glorious man brimming with light. That powerful individual's name is... Magerna, the fate weaver. A human who managed to attain immortality thanks to her outstanding magical prowess."

What the fuck? Stopping a fucking war on her own against a fucking warmonger of a Demon Lord! How powerful is that mage!

As if Leal realized what I was thinking, he answered my question. "How powerful is she? No word can describe it. To say the least, she's so powerful that she can decide the fate of each person in this world. She can see and hear everything... and change the future on a whim thanks to her Supreme Class Skill. It is believed that she was responsible for many major events that happened in this world and has it all planned for what future she's aiming to achieve... What kind of future is it? No one knows, only her."

Does that mean... I am just one of the pieces? So, I did not get summoned here by accident. She has a plan for me, and the cult that summoned me here was just some of her tools to make it happen.

Seeing and changing the future on a whim? That kind of ability should be illegal! That skill is so crazy that I can't imagine what someone can do with such disgustingly overpowered skill!

I put my hand on my chin. "Like a demi-god."

Leal nodded. "Yes. But we can say the same to all the Four pillars because each of them possesses God-like abilities that could transcend through the rules of what is deemed as impossible."

Yep, I would never want to fight any of those people! All of them sound like they could beat me to a pulp without even moving a single muscle. If one of them can decide people's fate, I don't want to know what the hell the other three are capable of!

I exhaled. "If only there was a way to find her, no? Well... to talk to her."

Leal smiled at my reply, after a few seconds, he shook his head. "There is no way to find her. No one can. If she doesn't want you to find her, you never will. However, there is a popular rumor that if she needs you to do something for her, she will come to you herself and make you do whatever she wants you to. And given that she can influence your fate, whether you like it or not, you will end up doing it for her anyway."

"I see. So she's some kind of egocentric, manipulative, overpowered mage that also happens to have absolute control over every person's fate in this world? Talk about being balanced, that woman badly needed a hard nerf."

Leal chuckled at my comment and walked toward the kingdom. "Sadly, that's all I know about her. Though, if you really are that interested to know more about Magerna, why not talk to someone who has a direct association with her?"

I followed him. "Who?"

Leal looked back at me. "Mehrad."

"Mehrad?"

Leal nodded. "Yes. Although he doesn't tend to talk about it, Mehrad has been very open about this matter. Mehrad was and I believe still is Magerna's right hand. After all, Mehrad has been widely known as Magerna's champion."

Whut! Mehrad is Magerna's right hand! Why do I have no idea about this! Oh, right... I have never once mentioned it to Mehrad! I was so occupied in the town that I forgot about it!

"But do you think he will answer my questions?"

"He will. He answered mine, at least most of them. But, don't expect him to answer everything because just like I said earlier, Magerna is the only one who fully knows what her plan is. And the only thing that the partakers of her game can do is watch as all of it gets unfolded. Whatever grand game she's been conducting." 

I know I am part of it, I just don't know how big my part is and what her end game is for bringing me here. However, should I let another person decide my fate?

No! I won't let a shady overpowered mage decide my fate. I need to find out her plan, then... I will come up with an idea of how I can fight against the fate she's making me walk to.

It's my life, so I should be the one directing my destiny. No one else.

15