Chapter 4: Revenge
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What was that?"

I didn't know the answer to that question.

"Did he see it too?"

I didn't think so.

I saw the despair in his eyes. Growing larger and larger.

So, time did really stop.

"Was I the cause?"

Maybe.

I felt like I was slowly swallowing his despair.

"Is this my magical ability?"

It didn't feel like it.

I saw that his mother was coming from behind. She looked worried. Well, her son finally managed to lose or not gain something, so it was normal.

Was I a monster for thinking this way? I didn't have an answer.

Maybe I was without reаlizing it. Or perhaps, I did realize it but I didn't want to accept it.

Whatever it was. The world created me and formed me as a person. As the creature which I was.

Around 5 seconds passed. I swallowed all of his despair. The feeling was different. Really different.

I was still barefoot and started feeling the cold ground below me as if I was finally really alive.

They started walking towards me.

The looks on their faces changed when they saw me.

I was just a crazy person in front of them.

I should admit that I was crazy in all of those moments.

At least my actions were not rational at all.

I slowly started adapting to reality, while time was passing. I thought about my mother. I didn't know how much time have passed, so I didn't know how will she react. There were a lot of options. I wasn't able to think about all of them.

I kind of wanted her to be worried about me. I know that this is not a good wish but still. Perhaps, I would've been able to feel love from her if she was worried.

Or just her anger towards me.

I finally moved. It felt like I was standing there for hours.

I entered the apartment slowly and quietly. She was there, in front of me.

She had tears on her face. Then, we hugged. I felt warm.

I didn't know that she'd now believe in the "orbs"...….

0