Chapter 2. Chasing and Visiting.
774 12 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, I woke up very early and as usual jogging around the city park. This is a routine practice that I have been doing every morning since I moved here, which is to keep my body in shape. 

There's no school today because it is the weekend, so I might as well take my time running around enjoying myself feeling the cold breeze of morning wind before the sun is rises to the top.

As I've been doing this every day, I know very well who's here at this hour on an everyday morning. 

...

A beverage drink seller is setting up his place. Check.

A duo of grandparents whose hobby is walking enjoys the morning air and smiles at everyone who passes by. Check.

A newsboy on standby sells newspapers to everyone who passes by. Check.

A rich Caucasian woman walks her poodle every 3 days. Check.

A bodybuilder running a marathon carries 2 barbells in his hands like an anime character in a training arc every 4 days. Check.

And lastly, A girl with pink hair in a bob cut wearing a gym suit who looks very angry is running toward me. Che-- ...Angry?!

...!!

That last one is Tsurihara! Did she know my schedule every morning!?

...

"Reeeennnnnnnn!!!"

She ran towards me at a very high speed, and she is being an ace of Running club sure does the wonder. She seems really really angry, does she really dislikes the way I turned her down?!

I admit my ways were unethical to turn her down via text message, but to be hunted down the next day in the morning for doing that... the hell!

I quickly took an action that everyone would do when they saw someone angry coming towards them. I swiftly turned around and ran quickly away from her as if my life was at the stake here.

"Don't run from me!"

"No!"

As I keep running away from her, we shouted at each other where Tsurihara wanted me to stop and I refused to follow her because my male instincts said to me no.

If you're asking me which one I trust between the 2 options, the angry girl chasing after me or my instincts, I'd definitely go for the second option.

...

"Stop Running!"

"I won't stop running until you stop running at me too!"

"Please listen to me!"

"I did listen, that's why I keep replying to you!"

"I just want to talk so please stop running!"

"But you don't really look like a person wants to talk with me, at least peacefully!"

"I promise to not hurt you, so please stop!"

"I know it! So you really want to hurt me!"

...

Confirming that she actually had the intention of hurting me, I speed up my run hoping for her to give up and leave me alone.

....Although the effort proved futile because she was still able to follow me. Even though it ended exhausting herself.

>>>>

After the embarrassing chase scene in the park witnessed by the people around, Tsurihara and I sat side by side on a park bench to rest together.  It took half an hour for this girl to exhaust herself trying to catch up with me with her breakneck speed, which I must say has been absolutely incredible for a girl standard.

If I were an ordinary boy, I'm sure she would easily catch me in the first few minutes.

Unfortunately, it's impossible for her to catch me because my side job requires me more physically and mentally than an amateur athlete like her.

Still again, compared to common people, Tsurihara was truly talented. I will admit that. I was running seriously and yet she was still able to catch up, oh well...

Seeing this girl's face getting paler as if she is about to pass out, I decided to open my bag and take my drink to give it to her.

*Zip*

I put my drink bottle on her head carefully (small size by the way) and I said

"Here is my drink. Should be good to get you back on your feet. My own recipe."

Seeing my actions that might seem to care about her, Tsurihara's face slightly blushed. She carefully picked up the bottle above her head and muttered "Unn. T-Thank you, Ren-san."

She even got a stutter, huh.

I know it's not wise to be nice to this girl considering she just confess to me yesterday and I just rejected her last night, but I just don't want to be hated by her either.

And people around who are watching us by proxy. My reputation might be at stake here so I need to be careful about how I act toward her.

...

"You're welcome."

"I don't know how you really outran me easily despite I am sure that I am one of the fastest students in the school."

"No kidding you are actually fast, the reason you lost is that you are specialized and lack of stamina. I just got more stamina than you are, and I happen to run around here every day too."

"Stop rubbing salt on my wounded pride!"

"Pffft. Hahahahaha!"

"Don't laugh!"

...

I can't help but laugh at her response to me. Seeing me laughing, she puffed out her cheeks showing that she was annoyed.

I will admit that is cute.

"Seriously Ren-san. Mou."

With her still irritated (but cute) expression on her face, she started drinking from the bottle I gave to her. Her eyes quickly widen as she begins to sip my drink, then she drinks it very quickly like someone who has just found an oasis in the desert.

*Gulp* *Gulp*

I guess she really likes what I just give to her. 

After she finished drinking from my bottle with a satisfied expression on her face, then I begin to notice that a lot of sweat was pouring down on her face. I take another initiative to put out my towel from my bag and give it to her.

"Here is also my towel, just think of it as my apology for laughing at you."

"Ah, Thanks."

She quickly begins to swipe her sweat around her face, neck, and legs. It seems that she is the type of girl who sweats a ton, as my towel quickly gets heavy and wet. At this very moment, I admit Tsurihara looks very sexy, but as gentlemen, I shouldn't look at her too much.

Who knows she might not like that if I am doing that and then she begins to hate me. And I don't want to be hated.

...

"Here is your towel and also your drink bottle, Ren-san. Sorry, I drink all of it. It was very delicious."

"Don't worry about it, I am not tired that much, and thank you for your compliment."

...

She then put my water bottle over my head as I did to her earlier. And then, Shortly after also threw the towel in my face while I tried to catch the bottle she put on my head.

*Hit*

...

"Guh.."

"Pfft."

Seeing my shocked expression from being hit by the towel, She chuckled while pointing at my face.

Is this revenge for what I did to her earlier? I guess I deserve this. Besides, she seems to have fun now instead of being angry at me like half an hour ago.

...Wait a minute, she didn't realize this towel was covered in her sweat and she threw it in my face? I really have the urge to tell her about this but I didn't.

I did realize that I might have scored too many points for her by offering her a drink and a towel just now. I should just stop myself before she got the wrong impression that I am attracted to her.

...

After finishing her chuckle and I am also done putting everything on my bag, Tsurihara suddenly called out to me while staring at my face.

...

"Hey, Ren-san."

"Yes?"

"You are really kind and warm as I really thought."

...Again?

I shook my head,  replied "You didn't know me well. Never assume people's true personalities based only on how someone is just being good with you alone."

Seriously, this girl should be better with someone who actually a kind person... like Daiki.

"No, I'm sure of this."

She then stood in front of me, again looked at me seriously with a bright smile on her face.

"You offer me a drink, a towel, and also you are really fun to chat with. I feel that I would be really happy if you became my boyfriend."

...!!!!

At that moment, I felt I was mesmerized by Tsurihara-san. She is really beautiful when she smiles. 

*Doki Doki*

...!!!

No, she is simply so gorgeous that I can't help but captivate by her smile, and her gaze... made my heart skip a beat. 

...

She's really a good girl which I'm sure she shouldn't be with me, a stupid person.

I quickly looked away from her, then I stood up and grabbed my bag to avoid myself furthermore from being captivated.

She looked at me with a curious look but before she was about to ask me, I said to her "A-Anyway, I will be going. The sun is already up and I want to get myself what I need in my apartment for the next week."

"W-Wait you didn't tell me the reas-- Your place? Can I follow you?! I don't have any plan today!"

Hearing Tsurihara's response, I'm truly thankful that she quickly distracted me before she was able to ask the reason why I rejected her. But her wanting to come over to my place isn't a good idea either!

It's not that in my place anything is forbidden, rather I know that the longer I spend my time with her, the more she will be attracted to me.

She really seems to be interested in coming to my place but I have no intention to let her come with me.

...

"What do you want to do in my place? Just go home, Tsurihara-san."

"Please...!!"

"No."

"Yes, or I will share your cruel method to the whole school on how you reject my serious love confession via text message."

What...!!!

I can't believe that famous energetic girl Tsurihara tried to blackmail me just now. But... If the news of me refusing her love confession via text message spreads, not only will I be chased by her fans to death, the whole school will also come after me!

I really don't have a choice but to let her follow.

...

"Fine. Just follow me from behind. But promise to delete the text message later."

"Yay!"

...

Hearing my approval, she literally jumped out of joy several as if she just got her favorite toy. She's really excited to come over to my place, huh?

...Did she didn't realize that people around here watched us?

>>>>>

After walking and talking sometimes with the ever-excited Tsurihara for about 5 minutes, we finally arrived at the apartment building where I live.

This apartment building was named Emerald by the owner, is still relatively new because it was built 3 years ago, so the condition of this building is still very good.

This building also has 4 floors and each floor has 6 rooms. Each room also has 2 rooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and even its own balcony. And don't forget the wifi and air conditioning in the bedrooms, which is a big help to survive this summer. 

We enter the building together and go to the stairs. My room was on the 3rd floor, at 303 to be exact so Tsurihara and I still had to walk a bit inside to get into my apartment room.

On the way, we met my next-door neighbor, Mr. Matsudara who seems he wants to go outside.

From his appearance, he is currently wearing his work suit and also carrying his briefcase. It seemed he had to work today.

As a good neighbor, I took the initiative to greet him.

...

"Morning Matsudara-san."

"Ah, Morning too, Ren. Jogging as always?"

"Yes, Matsudara-san. Have to work at the weekend? That's tough."

Hearing my question, he sighed and replied "Indeed. You know, being a worker in a retail company, we rarely have a free day. Though today I am only doing a half-day shift. Also is that your girlfriend, Ren? I almost thought that you are a bit different because you always bring a boy to your place. I am glad."

...Wait what? He thought of me as what?

"No, I am perfectly normal and have no attraction toward the same gender!"

Matsudaira-san laughed at my reaction. So, I don't think he really meant it. Thank goodness.

I don't want nasty rumors spread around my place here.

...

"Yeah, I can see that. After all your giddy girlfriend is blushing behind you."

I forget Tsurihara is behind me!

"She is not my gi--"

"Yes. My name is Tsurihara Makino. Nice to meet you, Matsudara-san!"

??!!??

...Tsurihara cut me immediately and then introduce herself.

This girl! That would make people easily misunderstand!

Matsudara nodded by himself and then look at me "I see. You really should treasure your girlfriend, Ren."

"No, It is not--"

"Thank you!"

...!!!

*Sigh*

...I let out my breath in frustration as she cut me again

"Ahahaha what an energetic girl! Anyway, I need to go now. Have a nice day."

Matsudara-san then walked past us, waved his hand, and walked towards the stairs.

...

"Your neighbor, he is really nice. And you are also nice toward him, Ren-san."

...Again, Another praise from her out of nowhere. Now I can't help but wonder if she is that easy to be impressed by anything I'm doing.

....Or is everything just an act?

It seems she is really trying to point affection score with me this whole morning. I am not that dense to not realize that.

I looked into Tsurihara's eyes suspiciously and asked her.

...

"Why you are introducing yourself as my girlfriend there?"

She tilted her head, seems confused about what I asked.

"Did I? But what I did just giving him my name did I? I didn't say anything about myself being your girlfriend."

...

That was true she didn't say anything about being my girlfriend, but the timing itself...

I closed my eyes for a moment and said.

...

"Okay. Forget I asked. Let's keep moving a bit, After all, we are only a few meters away from the destination."

"I can't wait! Let's go!"

...

She excitedly walked behind me. Meanwhile, I pinch my nose and think about whether she is actually aware or not what she is doing before.

The two options are either she's being stupid or she's acting

...I believe it is the latter but I will not make half baked assumption for now.

>>>>>

I opened the door to my place, and Tsurihara behind me followed.

...

"Welcome to my humble place, please make yourself comfortable."

"I am going to bother..." (Ojamashimasu)

...

We took off our shoes together in the hallway and headed into the living room. When we arrived at the living room, Tsurihara immediately looked around like she had just seen something very interesting.

...

"Wow... So this is how the boy's room looks like."

"I think there's nothing interesting here."

...

Yes, I'm sure this is a standard white paint apartment that can be found anywhere in this country. This room may be a little more spacious than a regular apartment, but that's reasonable considering the price.

Maybe my room does really interesting for people who are seeing it for the first time, I remember Daiki and his little sister also have a similar response.

...

"Your living place actually really looks comfy! Are you secretly rich?! And you said you are living alone too!"

"I don't think that's what you should say the first time when you come to someone else place."

"This place is also surprisingly clean. I thought all boy's rooms would be messed up."

...

That might be true considering I have seen Daiki's room, but I am not that kind of guy. I like to clean my room every day because I believe a cleanroom equals a healthy mind.

Then Tsurihara started checking all the things I have here, even checking the contents of my desk and cupboard while she seems completely ignore my deadpanned gaze toward her act.

I really should be angry now for being rude, but I am really tired to care, mentally.

At least I'm sure all my 'material' is stored safely under the bedroom. I won't let her go to my bedroom.

....

"Whatever. Just enjoy yourself."

"You have even Mintendo! And there is a lot of fun stuff! Manga, and Anime I have never seen!"

"You really ignored me, huh." 

"I can see them right??"

"Go ahead. Make sure you put it back when you are done. For now, I will just take a shower for now."

...

I really want to jump into the shower right now because I really feel sticky all over from my sweat. I can't wipe my body with a towel because my towel was already used by Tsurihara, so I've been holding myself.

I put my bag on the table and took a drink a bit since I also got a bit thirsty. While I was drinking and saw Tsurihara again... it comes to my mind.

Doesn't she want to clean herself too? I'm sure that my towel won't be enough to wash away all the sweat she was produced earlier, especially under her clothes. 

...

"Umm. Tsurihara-san."

"Yes?"

"Now I just think about it. You should also take a shower. But I didn't have any girl clothes with me."

"...You didn't have?"

"Of course, I didn't. I am a boy and you are a girl. What kind of question is that?"

...

She stares at me suspiciously for a few moments.

Does she know? 

...

Actually, I did have one, but that one was for crossdressing, which Daiki give me as a present on my birthday last year. But she shouldn't know about that.

...

"Umm then, Can I borrow your phone?! I will call someone to bring my clothes here. I didn't bring my phone with me"

...???

I can feel my face twitched hearing her shocking reply. Tsurihara wants to borrow my phone to ask someone to send her clothes?!

Is this girl is an idiot?!

...

"Why aren't you going back to your own home?"

"No way. I didn't have to look around here yet. I will just ask my family to send it with an online transportation service."

...

Really? This girl goes as far as to use that kind of service to be staying here? That would be a waste of money!

...

"I doubt there's something interesting in my place enough to make you do all that hassle and the cost."

"But still I want to!  Or... you want me to share your method of--"

"Here."

.*Throw*

...!!!

I quickly cut off what Tsurihara was about to say by throwing my phone into her hand. Fortunately, she quickly caught my phone even though she got irritated about what I had just done.

...

" That's rude, Ren-san! What would happen if I didn't manage to catch it?!"

"Sorry. I'm just in hurry, I can't wait for myself to soak in hot water. Also, I believe in your reflex as an athlete, so I am sure you are able to catch my phone."

She puffed her cheeks again and replied "Hmph. Whatever, I will be quick, so don't worry. You can just go take the shower first, Ren-san."

...

I honestly think that her checking all over my room without permission should be more rude than what I did, But again.. I am already don't care but to take a bath now.

I quickly went into the bathroom, took off my clothes, and took a hot shower.

...

...

Honestly. the way she acts today really reminds me of my childhood friend which is no way I would be able to resist her too much.

...She is really bad for my heart.

>>>>>

Intermission.

>>>>>

On the way to my apartment, I asked Tsurihara who was behind following me.

...

"Anyway, How do you know that I would be running on this area this morning? I am sure that I haven't seen you here at all before."

"Ahh... about that. Because usually, I don't run. I was feeling pretty bum in this morning reading the message of you rejected me after waking up so I was suddenly got a feeling to run around to vent the frustration, and just happen coincidence to meet you!"

...

Okay, That does make sense, considering she is a running athlete herself.

But is it really a coincidence?

...

"So it was a coincidence?"

"Yes, it was a coincidence."

She nodded repeatedly as she just said that.

...

"Can't be helped, then."

...

I guess it is just my bad luck or karma for rejecting her via text message. 

 >>>>>

I didn't expect this amateurish work got such a good response from people around, thank you so much!

Anyway, here is another chapter you can enjoy, thank god I didn't procrastinate. I don't have any schedule or fixed time for that matter, but I will try my best to release at least once per week for this story.

Spoiler

It depends on my mood and people's response to be honest, which I admit did give me motivation.

[collapse]

Also, I honestly don't really understand the usage of tag, so tell me if I need to put another tag that should be exist based on this story progression.

 

24