Chapter 3. Breakfast and Shopping.
685 13 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

I take my time in the shower to clean myself from the filth and sweat I got from this morning.

After doing so, I proceed to clean the bathroom too since Tsurihara would take a shower here. 

It should be more than 20 min worth, enough time for Tsurihara to get bored of looking at my room, and maybe her clothes have arrived from the transportation service.

Though... I still can't wrap my head why she goes as far as to do that just to look around my room. 

I have three hypotheses about her reason.

Maybe, she is just that stupid.

 Maybe, she doesn't want to leave before even checking my bathroom too which is equally stupid.

or maybe... she wants to learn more about me from looking at my living place.

...By common sense, it is obviously the last one.

My only real concern is what Tsurihara did with my room while I'm in the shower. I just hope that she didn't break anything and managed to get into my bedroom. 

>>>>>

When I came outside the bathroom, I saw Tsurihara did enjoy herself. A bit too much, in fact. 

She is currently laying on my sofa, reading one of my favorite manga while also eating a potato chip snack beside her, which I am sure I didn't have any of them on my fridge. The room condition is a bit messed up, some of my precious manga are on the floor, and the floor itself is a bit dirty from her potato chip flakes.

To call my current emotion frustration is an understatement. Her image as an energetic, friendly, and responsible girl has been destroyed in my mind.

I pinched my nose and called her out and trying my best to not be mad.

"...I am done taking a shower so now it is your turn to take a bath, Tsurihara-san."

"...Nnn??"

Hearing my call, she took her eyes off the manga, slowly turned her eyes to me.

"Ah yes, wait a minute Ren... san...?"

And then just stunned. Her face quickly becomes deep red, and then... a drool comes out of her mouth? 

Is there something wrong with my face?

...??

She immediately wiped her drool and asked me.

"U-U-Um... Are you an athlete too, Ren-san?"

...

"Ah."

At that moment, I realize what she does mean by that. It is because she just saw my top body fully exposed, as I only wore a towel on the bottom after taking shower. Due to my carelessness, now I just revealed one of my secrets to her. 

Just my bad luck.

I can feel morbid curiosity emanating from her, and I guess I need to explain a bit without revealing too much.

...

"...Well, about this. I am doing martial art training since as far I remember so my physique is quite well trained."

"Now that makes sense why you are beating my stamina. You are hiding such firm muscle inside your clothes. Wow, you are amazing, Ren-san."

"...Umm, Thanks I guess?"

Honestly, I didn't do my training real seriously despite I did start training from kindergarten... until last year, that's it. 

But she didn't need to know all of this matter.

"But seriously Ren-san, why you are trying to hide that?"

"I don't want to be popular at all and I don't want other males would begin to envy me."

And hate me.

She tilted her in confusion and asked me."A-n-o. Do you realize that you are already popular? Also, for that second reason... Are all the males really that petty to each other?"

"Not sure, but I don't want to find out. I just don't want to risk it. Anyway, please don't disclose information about my appearance in school, I beg you."

She sits down, claps her hand with a cutesy expression, and stares at me with determination.

"I will do that if you accept my confession!"

...

"Haah..."

Hearing her proposition, I take a deep breath, pinched my nose, and close my eyes to think.

This girl really take every chance she could get huh?

...Now let's think about this seriously. Both options would be equally bad, but accepting her confession is surely much worse than this info getting known publicly.

If this information gets disclosed on the school, the result is that might become a hot topic in the school for a while and I only potentially get hated.

Meanwhile, if I tried to go out with Tsurihara, I will surely become a hot topic and sure at least get hunted by her fans to the end of the earth. And that doesn't count my own problem.

But I did have a plan to make her not try to do either of the choices, to begin with.

...

"Then... I guess you can do whatever you want. Go ahead."

"What--"

...

I roll my eyes, shook my head, and walk toward past her. 

This is my plan of 'showing disappointment' to her. It will make her feel bad to do that to me, thus she will not do that. Besides, if she is truly attracted to me, I am sure she understands that would be a bad idea for her own.

...

"Just kidding, I am just kidding! I will not share this info at all, that would get me more rivals to get you. I won't give up by the way."

...And it worked. She is just stupid, I guess. But her last statement, is she really that serious with me?

"Sigh, whatever. Just take a shower, you stink, Tsurihara. There is also a spare bath towel in the bathroom."

"I am sure that's something you shouldn't say to any girl!".

With an annoyed expression, she threw the manga she was reading at my face.

Danger...!!

Luckily I quickly caught it. It's one of my favorite manga, oi.

>>>>>

After that awkward moment, I quickly entered my bedroom to get a set of clothes to wear today (I pick a casual white T-shirt) while Tsurihara was in the bathroom. Apparently, her family really sends clothes for her after she calls them. And the potato chip too.

Her family sure is something to approve their daughter's stupid request. I am a bit curious about how are her family lifestyle, but I can't just ask her about that kind of private information.

Oh well.

While she is in the shower taking her time, I clean up the mess she causes in my room.

Even after about 5 minutes of cleaning, she is still not out of the bathroom. So the next thing to do is to cook both of us breakfast since I am sure getting hungry. I am not sure whether she is already having one or not, but it is better to be prepared for anything.

...

When she is done taking a shower, I am also already done making our breakfast with miso soup, rice, and karage which is leftover from the last night.

...

Coming out of the bathroom, She is already wearing a white summer dress, which I admit looks very suitable for her. Her skin looks so smooth and her wet hair oddly... enticing.

Her fresh smell was also different than mine. Did she also tell her parents to send her own body soap?

I admit it is really hard to hide my obvious interest in her body at this moment. She is just too pretty.

...

"Something in my face, Ren-san?"

She stares me back with clear confusion, thank god she didn't realize that I basically just leering on her body.

"N-Nothing. Anyway, I went to make us breakfast. I am not sure if you already ate one or not though."

"Of course, I didn't have one yet! Thank you Ren-san!"

"You're welcome."

...

I sit on the diner chair first and also urge her to follow me. She hesitantly takes a seat in front of me.

After that, I lifted my chopsticks and started to take my breakfast from the table. Having done doing so, Then I realized that Tsurihara hadn't moved and was just staring at the breakfast.

I can feel that she is being hesitant to eat, did she scared that I would ask her to pay?

...

"What's wrong?"

"Ano, Are you really the one who cooks all of this? Is this really okay to me?"

"Yes I do, now let's just eat. I am hungry."

"Y-Yes."

...

After I invited her to eat, she then took some of the breakfast food that was available on the table. I saw that she was still hesitating because she only took a little food, even though before taking a shower she really did not respect me as the owner of this place.

...

"I-Itadakimasu..."

"Itadakimasu."

Well, that moment of hesitation only lasted a moment.

...!!!

"It is shooo goood!!"

...After the first bite of my food, she was instantly hooked and started finishing the food on the table.

...

"Be careful, it is still hot. Also, don't eat too fast, you might get choke."

"Yes, Mom~"

...

Well, I don't mind at all. I am actually glad that she was able to enjoy my cooking.

We continue to eat in silence after that.

>>>>>

After finishing the breakfast and tidying up the rest, Tsurihara and I enjoyed the morning milk that I had provided. 

Meanwhile, I had noticed how much she stares at me after breakfast, I guess I did score too many affection points with her without even realize.

I guess I need to be careful talking and reacting with her now.

*Stare*

...

"Thanks for the food. That was so delicious!"

"You're welcome."

...

*Stare*

This girl, really often stares at me, huh. I wonder something is wrong with her.

...

"What? Something funny in my face?"

"You are really good everything Ren-san. I really, really, really want you to become my boyfriend now."

...This again?

"N-Not really. There is something I can't do at all."

Like finding someone or understanding any girl's thoughts in general.

"Boo... But so far you seems can do anything to me. From taking care your own place, cooking, and not mention you are both good at both academic and physically."

I shook my head to refuse her statement. 

"That's why I said you didn't know me well."

*BAMM*

What...?

She slam on my table and replied, "Stop depreciating yourself, Ren-san. Anyway, please accept me! I will be set for life if I become your bride since I am sure you will take care of me!"

"Hahh..."

I let out a frustrated breath, this girl... I wonder I should add shameless to her nickname now? Also, did she realize that is my table she just hit in front of me?

>>>>>

After we are done eating our breakfast and chill, I prepare myself to go to the market to restock my weekly necessity. And as you might expect, Tsurihara did insist to follow me, using the same threat as this morning so I didn't really have a choice but to agree.

...

"So what you are going to get? New game console? Manga? or snack?! Or you want to invite me to amusement park?!"

She is sure really excited for just a normal shopping moment together. 

Also, Is she really thought this as a date? Goddamn it.

"First, we are going to the fresh market, get fresh vegetables and meat. And perhaps some fruits. Standard healthy stuff."

She nodded repeatedly and then pointed toward herself confidently.

"Okay! I can't help with cooking, but leave the price hanging with me. I will make sure everything goes cheap!"

...Her self-esteem sure is something else, to admit herself can't cook without blinking her eyes to me.

"Sure, that would help a lot. If you manage to do that, I will sure any kind of food you request for the lunch."

...I said that because I predict that she would be with me for the whole day. 

>>>>>

Tomato stall.

"How much tomatoes here, Ojii-san?"

I see all the tomatoes here are like they were just picked this morning, very fresh and very shiny.

"Ah, Ren. As usual, it is 600 yen per kilograms."

Almost everyone in this market knows me because I've been shopping in this area a lot for the past year. Although I don't know them very well (and don't even know their names).

I nodded hearing his reply and begin to pick tomatoes.

"I see. I will-"

"Can you lower the price a bit, Ojii-san? Ren-san wants to treat me a good lunch today!"

..!!!

Tsurihara suddenly cut me off and she also quickly hugged my left arm. I can feel 'that' part of her touching me thus making me a bit surprised.

"O-Oi..!!"

"Ohh!! is this young lady is your girlfriend Ren!? Of course, I will! Ren, Take it for 300 yen."

...Are you kidding me?! 

"Ojii-san, I am happy you did it but I think you are lowering your price a bit too much."

As much I like to get good stuff at a very cheap price, I don't want to make him suffer from the loss! I know these quality tomatoes would get sold at a much higher price in those modern minimarkets.

Hearing my refusal, Ojii-san wave his hand and replied "I am actually glad, Ren. I thought you are not normal since you are always hanging with that Masaru boy since you are moving here last year. This is also my present to you!"

...The hell does people around here think about me?!

"No, I am normal! 100% normal healthy male you can find anywhere!"

I yelled out in frustration while I can tell Tsurihara tried her best to hold her chuckle beside me. Seriously.

...

"Hahahaha yeah I believe you don't worry since you got yourself a beauty there!"

"Thank you, Ojii-san!"

...

I have the urge to correct him but decide not since that would be ruined Tsurihara's effort, and the deal isn't bad either.

Now, I am afraid to find out what others thought in this marketplace but I also get curious!

Meat Stall.

"Ren-chan, finally you are normal!"

Fish Stall.

"Take this big fish for free!! You have finally become a normal man, Ren!"

Vegetables Stall.

"Here take this daikon for free, This is my present for your graduation to become normal."

Apple Stall.

"Apple, Apple! Here is a free apple for yourself since you got yourself a nice apple in your eyes!"

Banana Stall.

"Banana!?! Take this rare red banana because there is a myth that the couple eating this together will be last forever. Don't worry, it will be free! Good for you, Ren-boy!"

...

...

Conclusion: Almost all people in this area thought of me as gay (not normal), goddamn it!

After this day, I will make sure to reduce my hangout time with Daiki.

>>>>>

"Pffft.... Ha... HaHa... Hahahaha!!"

Tsurihara and I were on our way home from the market and were almost at my place again.

Along the way, I couldn't stop hearing Tsurihara laughing beside me. It is honestly really annoying, but I can't stop her from laughing since it is not really her fault. 

"I can't believe, almost all people in this place believe me is not normal at all."

The fact that almost everyone believes I'm gay shows that I have to be careful when I talk to other people.

"Thanks to me you are free from that rumor, right?"

Tsurihara puffed her 'chest' with pride as she said that.

"But you are spreading lies everywhere now!"

Yes, now everyone in that marketplace believes that Tsurihara is my girlfriend. Seriously, give me a break from nasty rumors.

...

"Boo..! Just accept my confession and that would become truth!"

I shook my head and responded "No way."

"But you said you will accept any of my requests if I did help you!"

"Yes. What I did was a promise to cook you something good for lunch at your request. Not any request"

"Boo... Boo... Boo... Ren-san stupid!"

She begins throwing tantrums at me in the middle of the street.

Oi, what happens if others people are looking at us?!

And in that moment, people that I didn't want to see right now showed up themselves.

...

"Ohh... That voice and that stupid plain white t-shirt, Is that you, Ren?"

"Anii... you see Ren-san?"

...!!

Wild Masaru siblings has appeared!

Now I just realize we are close to their home. Usually, I would greet them immediately but for now, they are both a piece of bad news since I am currently with Tsurihara! Especially his sister.

...

"Ren-san!!"

A girl with black twin-tail hair is waving at me. 

She is Daiki's sister, Masaru Ichika who is only a year below us in the same school. Appearance-wise, she is a small and petite girl with a Chest size B, 158 cm height which is way shorter than Tsurihara. However, there is a catch.

She is the smartest person in her grade and is known to be the Ace of Astronomy club. Not to mention she is well known as the mascot of the first grade.

I waved my hand back at her too and said "Good afternoon, Ichika-chan. Walking with your brother?"

She nodded and stared at me "Yes. Mother asked us to get egg and milk from minimarket. You have just come back from shopping at the market right? I will visit later to help."

I nodded to her, waving the stuff on my left arm, and replied "Yeah... I got a lot of stuff with me."

I know very well she is also interested in me since this girl loves to visit my place. She is also a responsible girl, and also the one who teach me how to cook myself. Honestly, If Ichika did confess to me, that would be much harder to reject than Tsurihara since I owe a lot of things to her. 

As she nodded on my answer, Ichika then realized that there was a girl behind me.

"Anoo...Can I ask, who are you following behind Ren-san?"

Ichika looked at the person behind me curiously as she tilted her head. As I am not sure how to introduce Tsurihara, the person herself already replied with shocking revelation (lies).

"I am his girlfriend. Nice to meet you, Ichika-chan!"

...

...

...

Ichika looks very surprised and then look toward me with her expression was about to cry.

...Oh yeah, there is also another catch about Ichika, she is somehow still a cry baby and too shy. She is troublesome on her own different kind from Tsurihara.

"U.. Ug...hh... Ren-san..."

God damn it, Tsurihara!

"No No No, Chika-chan, she is not my girlfriend!"

I tried my best to calm her down on my own by patting her head, but it is not working as usual! I look at Daiki at who has an amused expression on his face watching from the side... yeah he won't help me. He is a true example of a bad brother. 

"Yes! We are also currently on a shopping date too!"

...Tsurihara you didn't help either! 

"No No No!! I just rejected her last night. Don't believe her! Believe with me!"

Hearing what I said just now, she wiped her eyes and heaved a sigh of relief.

"I-I see... I am glad, Ren-san."

Tsurihara on other hand doesn't seem like it and then drops another bomb to them.

...

"Hmmph. Yes indeed, he was rejected my direct confession last night."

"Dont say-"

"Via text message."

...

...

I want to bury myself in a hole. Both Masaru siblings look at me with disbelieve... as if they are looking at trash.

"Uwa... you are the worst, bro. I can't believe it that's coming from honorable students like yourself." 

For the first time since I have known him for a year, Daiki looked at me with disappointment. 

"R-Ren-san? are you seriously doing that?"

Ichika also has her eyes open wide shocked at the revelation and then also shows a disappointment on her face.

...

I did what a man does when he finds out he did the wrong thing. I sat on the dirt road and prostrated to them.

"Yes, I am sorry for that, it just happen. Please don't spread this information, I beg you."

...

 >>>>>

Here's the entry of the second candidate, the exact opposite of Tsurihara in the literal sense, lol.

I just realize how much I like slow pace and detail while writing this story. Just added 'slow-paced' to the synopsis since there is no tag for it here.

 

I might slow the release rate a bit, tell me which one you prefered to have?
  • 1-1.5k words per chapter, possibly daily or 2 days release rate. Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 2-4k words per chapter, 2-4 day release rate. (basically same size as first 3 release). Votes: 5 50.0%
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Dec 29, 2021 11:39 AM.
16