Chapter 5. Working and Clue.
391 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Daiki left my place, I went to my workplace and along the way trying to be careful not to be seen by people I knew. I am also disguised myself by wearing a long brown hair wig, black jacket, long black pants, and some accessories such as a metal ring which made me look like a Yankee.

Maybe here you start asking, what is your job that I have to hide from people I know to that extend?

My job is bar security team member (part-time) but it is not a regular bar. This bar is quite famous in underground circles in this city. The high-ranking yakuza used to visit and rent frequently the bar where I worked. Well, the owner is also a former yakuza turned into a businessman so it's not surprising.

My job isn't something that people my age should do, but because of the owner's recommendation, I can do this job even though my age and appearance aren't convincing at all.

All security team members thankfully use a mask when we are working, so people outside didn't really know about our information or identity. On a normal day, it usually only 6 main who did secure the bar, but in the place when sort of event happens... the security members increase to 12, including myself. So yeah, when I got notice, it mean something important was going on in the bar itself.

I am also definitely weakest among the security but even so, another member (especially main 6) never belittle me or anything. They are all so strong compared to me. One of them, Hawk mask was even the one who taught me how to street fight for one last year periodically. And because of that, I have big respect for him.

...

I finally arrived at my destination, Hotel BB. Hotel BB is the largest hotel in the city, with 5-star facilities, and is a famous destination for foreign tourists to stay.

So where do I work? My workplace is in the basement of this hotel, to be precise on the 0th floor of BB Hotel. Both the hotel and the bar below are owned by the same person, but they are different types of businesses.

I walked in through the front door, greeted the guards (they also knew where this bar existed), and headed straight for the dedicated staff lift. In the lift, I put out all my disguise since I will be wearing another suit and mask for work.

When I got out of the elevator, the owner was waiting for me. A man in his 40s with long black bangs, trendy sunglasses, and a brown coat looked at me. He smiled broadly when he saw me coming, and immediately greeted me.

...

"Yo, nephew. Sorry calling you without much notice."

"Don't worry Ojii-san. After all, I am getting paid per month doing this."

...

Oh, did I forget to mention that Mayuzumi Tojirou, the owner of this place is s considered to be my uncle because he’s my father’s best friend... Well, he wanted me to call him uncle... and I really saw him as an uncle anyway. He is also part of the reason why my parent is okay leaving me here alone living in this city.

...

"Good. You are the one who asked this yourself, after all, Ren"

Uncle Tojirou nodded his head, grinning while looking at me.

...

A year ago when I moved here, I asked him to help me find the bastard who leaves Rosa. He introduced me to the famous broker of the underworld who happen to visit this place once a month, but there was a catch.

His service was absolutely expensive and my allowance wouldn't never enough to pay him, not to mention at that time I need a place where I could settle in.

Uncle Tojirou then offers me a job, to join the part-time security team on his own special bar, which I gratefully accept because I need money. He was also the one who recommend to me the place where I live now.

The only requirement for me to join him was that I would be able to endure the training given by one of the elite security teams, which is Hawk-san.

Uncle Tojirou was literally a godsend.

...

"Yes, Ojii-san. Thank you for your help at that time."

"Hahaha..! You are truly Toshi's son!. Hotblooded I see. But remember, after you are done reaching your goal, I suggest you just stop coming here. Underworld is never been friendly place, even if this place somewhat looks peaceful."

I nodded to show my agreement with what he just said. I have never planned to indulge myself in this forever, and I prefer a much safer and stable job than high risk-high reward job.

...

"Since you are already here, as always... My work this time is to accompany Runa until I am done. She is your responsibility right now since when I will be busy at the meeting, I can't really look at her."

"Yes, Ojii-san."

"Don't disappoint me, Ren."

...

After saying that, Uncle Tojirou begins to walk away toward the bar and I also walk toward the room where everyone changes their costume.

I put on my official work costume, which is just a black comfy luxury suit and rat mask because my codename here is Rat.

>>>>>

Mayuzumi Runa is the name of the daughter of Uncle Tojirou. Her appearance is an absolutely gorgeous girl with straight long light-blue hair, a height of 168 cm, chest size D, and deep blue eye color. She is currently wearing a red-colored princess long dress which absolutely shows her beauty. 

However, unlike Ichika and Tsurihara, this girl just can't express her emotion very well, which made her a bit weird on her own. In the past, apparently, Uncle Tojirou told me that she lost her own mother in a traffic accident and that made her personality change forever.

Well, not that she got any bully in the school because the whole school is aware of her father's identity. Not to mention, she is known as a prodigy in the art subject, which means she is Ace of the art club. Her achievement in art is above anyone else in the school because her art was so famous that it is well known to the international level.

She is well respected in the school, even by all of the teachers. Everyone knows her career as an artist so she is actually rarely coming to school when she got a job, yet no people ever complain about her. 

I know some people even worship her, like Daiki. Runa fanbase is much larger than Tsurihara since its covers pretty much every part of the school.

Daiki in fact especially called her -senpai, because he respect her a lot since she drew one of his favorite light novel illustrations. No exaggerations, I also admit that her creation is a true masterpiece.

...

While the other security was inside the bar, watching and securing the meeting directly. I am currently inside the hotel room with her alone here since Uncle Tojirou has tasked me to accompany her.

I admit the situation is awkward as I am standing alone inside the room as the subject of protection currently taking shower inside the bathroom.

What is this today about watching girls coming out of the bathroom? There is Tsurihara in the morning, now Runa-san in the night?! I am not sure whether today is blessed or cursed.

After waiting for a while doing nothing but nervous, Runa finally came out of the bathroom wearing silky white pajamas that really show her body 'shape'... which is dangerously sexy. That pajama really tells her breast is just too big as its looks like swelling from her pajama. And I can't help but wonder if the button on her pajama would snap soon or later.

And then, there is also her smell. Her smell is also really really good, probably because she used expensive high-quality body soap to wash herself. I am not a pervert, but she is just too enticing right now.

You can tell even compared to Tsurihara, she really win a lot in appearance.

..

"Ren-kun... Ren-kun."

...!!!

I am staring too much at her that I didn't notice she called me out!

I quickly look away from her and said "Ah! Sorry, Runa-san I was daydreaming. Y-Yes?"

I can't help but be nervous right now, as I can't really tell whether she notices that I stare at her due to her emotionless expression and flat voice. I don't want her to hate me after all.

She stare at me like that for a few seconds and then said "Do you like it?"

"Yes?"

She pointed her own breast and said "I know. You stare at my body."

...!!

"I am sorry!"

I quickly bowed my head down. I know I shouldn't do this. She is my client after all, and I need to be professional while working.

...

"Raise your head, I am not mad at all. So you like it?"

..??

"You like it?"

Runa asked me while tilting her head, with her kind of expressionless face. Honestly, it is criminal to have this cute attitude with that kind of body!

"Y-Yes."

...

"Good. Then keep looking. I will look at you too back."

Both of us standing awkwardly looking at each other bodies.

...

...What is this situation?

I need to change the topic to get me out of this awkward situation. I am not a pervert!

I shook my head to bring out my rationality and asked "Why are you here today, Runa-chan?"

Runa quickly replied, "Papa was need me to be here, it was already done but papa still has work to do." 

She pointed her finger at me and continued said: "So, you will protect me until papa is done."

"Yes, Runa-chan."

Thankfully Runa didn't continue staring at me as she turns on the TV. She is then laying on the bed watching Pisney animated movie, Frosten the famous of one of the best-animated movies a few years back.

...Well stuck inside a room with a beautiful girl like her is not a bad idea at all.

>>>>>

I can't enjoy the movie at all, so I just kind of dozed off while Runa watched the movie enthusiastically. I mean the story is pretty interesting, but honestly not so much for people who have seen masterpiece anime like "My name." Besides, The rejection and Tsurihara's crying face bugged that happen in the afternoon my mind for a while.

...

"Ren-kun, tired?"

It seems even Runa was able to know that there is something wrong with me today.

...

"Yeah, something really bug my mind for a while."

"Reason?"

I let out my breath and replied "Sigh... a girl confessed to me yesterday, and I didn't reject her properly."

I just going to answer it directly, since there is no need for me to lie to her.

There is visible confusion on her face, and then she asked "Un. Reject unproperly? non-formal?"

"I reject her via text message."

Hearing what I said, Runa stared at me with deadpanned expression.

"Seriously? That's rude Ren-kun."

"...Yeah, I know. I truly regret it by the way."

Even Runa thought it was rude. I am really the worst, huh.

...

Runa sighed (disappointed) and said to me "Sigh... I see... you have rejected her and now you feel bad?"

"Yes."

"Why you did reject her?"

"You should aware of the reason why."

...

She still got confused look for a while but then she clap her hand as she realize what is my reason. "Ah. Yes. Finding bastard? The one hitch your childhood friend? Trauma?"

I nodded and answered her "Yes."

Even if the way she talks is a bit funny, I can't deny what she said is the truth. I got my own business and personal goal, and I think I won't commit to any relationship until it is done.

...

Runa then clapped her hands again and said "I see. Just sit down on the couch.  I will make herbal tea. Papa recommendation. It will calm you down. "

"Thank you."

...

After saying that, Runa then walked to the back of the room to prepare tea. I also then sat down as she did say while waiting for her to finish the tea.

Despite her weirdness, you can see that she is actually really kind and caring to others.

>>>>>

As Runa still made me tea in the back, I send my situation in the detail to hawk-san and then asked how the situation at the meeting. After waiting a while, I finally get an answer from him.

==========

[Good. For your question, the situation is under control. Your worries are not needed, Rat.]

From: Hawk.

===========

Hmm, it seems nothing happens on the bar which is good. Our work is much easier when nothing happens after all.

Now I think about it, I didn't know what the meeting was about. Usually, there is no need for all of us to be here, so it must be pretty important. Perhaps Runa knows about it?

...

After about 5 minutes later, Runa comes out from the kitchen bringing 2 glasses of tea, which smells exactly like medicine. Runa gave me one of the glasses, and then she told me to drink.

....!!

The taste is very bitter, but strangely this tea calms my heart. Runa sat next to me and then she also begin drinking her tea too.

"Uh... The tea is very bitter..."

Runa nodded and then said "It is. But you feel better right?"

"That's true..."

...

After finishing my tea and feeling better, I think this is the right time to ask since Runa seems to be... confused?

Her face was a little red and she also attempted to hide it by looking down, maybe she was nervous sitting next to me. 

I had the feeling that she like me since we are always close while I am working here but it was something that I can't say with confidence. After all, it is really hard to read this girl's emotion through her face and voice.

My guts tell me she did though, and I believe with my guts.

...

I shook my head again for rationality and asked "Runa-chan, do you know what the meeting in the bar was about?"

She nodded at me and replied "I know. The meeting is about my own first art exhibition in summer."

"You will get one?!"

"Yes."

...

I can't believe that Runa will get her own art exhibition? That would be made Daiki breakdance when he listens to this info!

"That's great! Congrats!"

"T-Thank you, Ren-kun."

...

I congratulated Runa and then she replied with a stutter and her face getting blushed. This girl rarely expresses herself, but when she does…it's beautiful to look at. 

Alright, better let the conversation go than she caught me again staring at her.

...

"Where it would happen?"

"I don't know. Not decided, yet."

"I see."

...

...

...And the conversation is dead, goddamn it Ren. I am not well versed in art subjects after all, so this is a really hard topic for me.

...

...???

I close my eyes to think about something but then I realize she was staring at me with... anticipation? 

...

"Papa said that you will protect me on that day. So you must be there beside me, okay?"

"Of course. It would be my job after all."

...

I nodded to show my agreement. Another work on the big day, but that is my job.

However, not long after that I also realize she said: "beside me."

...

"W-Wait, what do you mean besides you, Runa-chan?"

"Yes. Without a mask."

"Can I ask... Why do you need me beside you unmasked there?"

"I want it. To have you beside me. I want you to be with me on one of the most important days of my life."

...

I pinched my nose and close my eyes to think. Is this just another confession happening right now?! What is this today?!

...

"Ano...Runa-chan, what do you mean with the previous statement you just said?"

She looks at me sharply like when is she came out of the bathroom and replied: "I like you, you don't like me?"

"...Is this confession?"

...

She blushed a bit which confirmed my suspicion. I did have a hunch she did like me a few minutes ago but she is truly coming out of nowhere!?

I mean, Didn't she realize that she is my client here!? Also, I'm nowhere worthy for her!

..

"Unn. So, your answer?"

"Eh?"

"Your answer?"

"W-Wait, you are asking too fast Runa-chan?!"

What is this sudden development?! And why does she keep repeating the same question over and over again?

"Why you are suddenly confessing to me Runa-chan?! What do you like about me?!"

She tilted her head with a confused expression and said "Because the other girls doing so? And because I don't like anyone else."

"So you are confessing without actually being serious!?"

"No, I am serious. My body and heart feel throbbing every time I close with you. And I also feel hate? When you said you get a confession from another girl. So I just want you, Ren-kun."

...

"Your answer? Your answer? Your answer?"

...This is dangerous, But I know I am not ready to commit to any romantic relationship. I need to reject her.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

...!!!

As I contemplated how I should reject her, Suddenly I got a few text message notifications. Thank god, I might be able to get away with this.

...

"Runa-san, let me open the text message for a bit. Perhaps there is an emergency situation."

She nodded and then I turned around and saw what the message was sent to me.

==========

[We are watching, Rat. Be wise on your decision.]

From: Hawk.

==========

[Rat. I will beat you if you made the princess cry.]

From: Cat.

==========

[You are smart, so you should aware of what happen if you take the wrong step]

From: Dog

==========

[I will cut your genital off if you dare to make Runa-sama sad.]

From: Crocodile.

==========

...

...Eh?

Eeeehh...!?!

Don't tell me they are currently watching us?! I can't help but suddenly look around to find them and I can't find anything. This room should be private after all.

Perhaps CCTV or sounds recorder? Whatever that's it, they must be skillfully hidden in this room.

I demand free of will! I am going to be killed if I rejected Runa right now. Not to mention the last one is a straight threat to my son!

For now, I will take a retreat and let the problem for the future me.

...

Runa seems to notice that I suddenly got panicked out of nowhere and asked "Something wrong?"

I put my phone back in my pocket, shook my head, and replied "Nothing."

"Good, so.. your answer?"

...She stands up in front of me and seems really waiting for my answer. However, I have decided the answer would be for the future me. Rejecting her right now is kind of straight suicide after all.

...

"I will... consider it. Give me some time to consider your feeling, Runa-chan."

"How long?"

"How about until your art exhibitionist happened in summer vacation?"

"...Un. Good. I will wait."

...

Thank god, the crisis averted. I slumped down on the couch and begin to wonder why so there are many things happening today.

"Also, Ren-kun."

"...Yes?"

"Also, Can you give me a private lesson again soon? The exam is coming."

...

Ah, I almost forget about the summer exam.

>>>>>

Shortly after the sudden confession, the meeting in the bar was over and my work for the night was also done. Uncle Tojirou also told me the result of the meeting was exactly the same as what Runa had explained, namely regarding the content, location, and time of the exhibition that would take place in his rented building one week after summer vacation.

Oh well, that's enough about my job. Now, time for my personal business.

I walked into the bar in the basement, looking for someone I needed to fulfill my purpose of doing this job. Even though it is known as an underground bar, it is filled with people who look rich and very classy. The interior of the bar is like the old European buildings, the decoration of the statues and fountains and the lighting is quite bright. On the stage, there was classical piano and violin music playing, which made the atmosphere really very "high quality."

This is a BB bar, the biggest, safest and at the same time the most luxurious bar in the country.

After walking for a while and looking around the bar, I finally found the person I was looking for here. He was lounging in the corner of the bar and filled with women on every side like a harem king. He looks like a real delinquent, with long black curly hair and a leather coat but never underestimate his information network.

He is known as Tamaki, the underground world's top information broker.

...

I walked towards him, and he seemed to notice my arrival too. I waved my hand and greeted him.

"Tamaki-san, Good night."

He waved his hand as well and replied "Ah yes, Good night. As always Ren-kun, State your business."

I nodded and looked at him with a serious look while saying "Any information about my request? Sajin Himura whereabouts."

Yes, the only info I know is the bastard's name. Surprisingly, even with one of the most information brokers in this country, there is no progress for a year. The broker itself said something must back up the man's identity since his whereabouts information is really tricky to discover.

...

"I still didn't find any of the guys with this name whereabouts but this time I manage to find some rumors you might be interested."

"Rumours?"

"There's a rising Yakuza gang that happen to be rising last year in Sapporo, and from what I hear their vice leader is used to being a student but dropping out after impregnating a girl."

Hearing Tamaki's words, I also felt this was the person I was looking for. For a year there was no clue at all, finally, there is one!

I immediately asked him "Can you tell me the exact location, Tamaki-san?"

"Chill boy, we are here to negotiate. Besides, we don't know whether it is really your target or not."

...

Tamaki is right. I have to think carefully because this isn't necessarily the person I'm looking for… but these rumors can't be ignored either.

...

"Tamaki-san, can you find out this man's identity, or at least make sure to photo this man's face?"

"I will try to contact another broker in that area to get that, but prepare extra more cash required in advance."

"Yes, please."

...

I answered Tamaki's words seriously and then he give me the paycheck to be prepared. I look at the number, and it is still doable. I have my own saving for this matter, and if that's still not enough I will ask from uncle to lend me some money.

...

Finally, after years of searching!

I won't let this bastard go, I have a lot of questions for him and the reason why he left Rosa after impregnating her.

Finally... it turns out that there are still good things happening today.

...

I will find him and hold him responsible for what he has been done for Rosa.

And then... I'll be able to see her again.

...

This is the only way I can think of for Rosa to forgive me, or at least... I can forgive myself.

>>>>>

I guess I will add more tags like Ecchi and Secret identity, and perhaps hot-blooded? I dont really know about tags wtf. By the way, the work and whole revenge itself won't be the focus until the very end so I don't think it will need an action tag.

4k words even without author notes, this is painful to write ngl. But I think I am done with the foundation for the story.

13