Chapter 4. Cooking and Rejection.
505 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Unedited chapter, my humble free editor is sleep. Tell me if there is something wrong! it will really help! Would periodically update this chapter everytime I find something wrong.

>>>>> 

I have begun to think whether I should just let the text message rejection rumor spread over the school since what happened today so far to keep it as a secret is just not worth it.

After what happened on the road before, Masaru's siblings decided to join us in my place after they have done their business. (buying egg and milk for their mother).

At least they are here not for blackmail reasons like this shameless Tsurihara.

Ichika reason was to make sure nothing happen inappropriately between me and Tsurihara. Ichika would be a lifesaver here since she would help me block any attempt to flirt made by Tsurihara.

I just hope they won't end fighting with each other for my attention. That would be a pain, though that's why my best friend is here.

Dai reason to be here was to help me handle both his sister and Tsurihara in case everything went out of control. Which is something I definitely needed right now. 

Dai is really my best friend.

...

After walking for a while, we came back to my place again.

"Anyway, Just make yourself comfortable in my place. I am going put all ingredients first in the kitchen and then cook us something."

""Alright.""

Both Masaru siblings and Tsurihara enthusiastically replied to me.

"Alright... Now, where is that manga again..?"

Tsurihara quickly went after my manga and game collection again. She is surely really enjoying herself here. 

I can't help but start to dislike this girl, but I can't hate her because she also reminds me too much of my childhood friend. 

Their attitude before that happened was basically about the same. 

Sigh. 

...

While Tsurihara looking at my manga again, Daiki walk toward my fridge and he frowned after looking toward inside the fridge. Daiki shook his head and called me.

...

"Hey bro, I will get us some juice back to minimarket, you know... today surely will be hot and milk won't do. It will be all on me by the way."

Daiki being the best guy I have ever known take the initiative to get all of us to drink from minimarket. I guess after seeing the inside my fridge, he notice that I only got milk and that won't do for our lunch.

"Okay Dai, get us something good. I am sorry."

"Don't mind. Just offer us your best cook, okay?"

Daiki really proves himself again being my best friend of mine. I can't help but be glad to have him around.

...

"I-I will help you, Ren-san."

Thankfully Chika, like her brother also take the initiative to help me. I am very aware her skill in cooking is much better than mine, thus any help from her really appreciated.

"Thank you Ichika-chan. But I think you should put off your jacket first in the hallway."

"Unn!"

She nodded and quickly do what I just say to her. I don't have any idea why she use a jacket on this hot day, though I got a hunch since that jacket was my present for her birthday last year. It is very obvious to me that she got something with me.

I put all the ingredients in the kitchen and then Ichika washed them all before we put them together in the fridge. 

"Good, now everything has been set."

Chika tug my clothes and asked "Ren-san, What do you want to make today?"

Well, about that...

"Oiii... Tsuriharaaa, What do you want to eat?"

I yelled toward the only person who did nothing but mess in this place. But I have promised her to cook her something.

...

A few seconds later, Tsurihara yelled back to me.

"Your favorite food, Ren-san!"

"My favorite huh? That would be easy to make. You know it right, Chika-chan?"

"Unn! Karage and Tempura, right?!"

"You really know my favorite huh, Chika-chan."

...

I nodded and quickly pat this girl's head as her reward for her correct answer. When you touch her ears and pat her at the same time, she was able to let a cute noise.

*Munya~*

Her expression quickly becomes softer and she seems really enjoyed herself as she continues to make a cute noise on her own. This is why I like to pat her in every moment I can, it is just irresistible.

I know this would stab me in the back since this girl obviously likes me but you can't just resist something cute, you know? 

Ei!

*Nya~*

Ei!

*Hyaa~*

I could get diabetes by doing this and I still wouldn't regret it.

...

"R-Ren-san, w-w should start cooking! S-Stop patting me!"

...!!!

Oh, she came back to her sense after about a minute. New record for her, usually it takes much longer after all.

"Yes, yes Chika-sensei."

I answered her casually, while she puffed her cheek.

"Now let's start from preparing the chicken, wheat, and pepper."

I nodded and then take all the required ingredients from the fridge, while Ichika take all the tools required for our cooking time.

...

Ichika and I enjoyed our time cooking in the kitchen together. Half an hour later, all the food was ready to be served on the table.

>>>>>

Surprisingly enough, the lunchtime for the four of us went smoothly without any disturbance, especially coming from Tsurihara.

It seemed, even Tsurihara knew the etiquette of being quiet and calm while eating.

...

"""Thanks for the food."""

"That was good food. Ren-san is a really good cook!"

"Nevermind, glad you enjoy it."

If it was yesterday, I would definitely feel something when she praise me but now after countless praise in the morning? I hardly feel anything. Besides, Ichika really helps a lot with this lunch.

...

"I-I also help him, b-beside it was me who teach Ren-san to cook!"

"Really?"

...

Ichika said loudly to Tsurihara. I thought Tsurihara would start arguing with Ichika but the opposite happened.

...

"Wow, you are amazing Ichika-chan."

"Eh?!"

"I can't cook myself so you are amazing!"

"T-Thank you... Tsurihara-san."

"Can you teach me how to cook?"

You can see Ichika was nervous for a bit but she tried her best to reply.

"I-I can."

"Great!"

Tsurihara come close to Ichika and then suddenly hug her, which made Ichika got panic.

"Awawawawawa."

"You are so cute!!"

...

...

I can't believe it, I thought being shameless herself, she would definitely ignore Ichika's effort. I mean, Ichika is clearly her rival in here. Instead, she is talking with timid Ichika in a very friendly manner. I guess she is well known for being friendly is not a lie after all.

I look toward Daiki who has been calmly watching his sister while drinking the juice from the side. Daiki notice me and give me a peace sign. Seems he also thinks there would be no fight between the girls.

I am glad. I guess I will join Daiki drinking and watching the girls from the side.

...

Tsurihara release Ichika from her hug and asked her.

"Anyway Chika-chan, right? I can call you that right?"

Ichika nodded and replied. "Unn."

"Do you like Ren-san?"

...!!

""Pffffff.... *cough* *cough*""

Hearing her sudden question, All of us get choked together because surprised at what she just said. Seriously Tsurihara!

...

"W-What do you mean Tsurihara-san?!"

"I really mean it. You can call me Makino-chan, by the way."

"I..."

Ichika bashfully looked around and while she look at me, she quickly looked away. With that kind of reaction, I am 100% sure everyone knows that she likes me.

...

"You like Ren-san or not?"

"Y-Yes! I did like Ren-san!"

"Good job at confessing, Ichika-chan!"

"W-What....?"

...

Ichika was speechless after she just realize that she was technically admitting her feeling to me. Being smart academically doesn't mean she is good socially. And Tsurihara really good at socializing.

...

"You hear that Ren-san, so what is your answer?"

...

I can feel my face currently twitching hard, So that's what she is aiming huh? Instead of a rival, she thought Ichika as allies to break me down.

This is too sudden that I can't help but frown why did the seemingly normal talk just suddenly become another confession?

Rejecting Ichika is definitely much harder than Tsurihara. Figure-wise, she is clearly behind Tsurihara but personality-wise? She is absolute wife material. She is good at cleaning, cooking, and looking at her calming everyone around.

But even so, I would not want to have any relationship, yet.

"I can't. Sorry, Chika-chan. You know my problem."

I bow my head slightly toward her, which made Ichika startled.

"Ugh... I know Ren-san would reject me... but it's... still hurt."

Ichika replied to me while trying her best to smile.

I just hurt another girl, again. Besides, like her brother. She also knows about my past.  I bet my entire saving that she wouldn't ever do that if Tsurihara doesn't coerce her. Now I feel really bad for Ichika. Ugh.

Why did Tsurihara make her do that? I can't help but now get a bit mad at her.

*Hug*

...

Thankfully, Tsurihara seems also to feel bad about what happened and hugging Ichika again to calm her down.

"I am sorry, Chika-chan. So even you got rejected by Ren-san, huh. It's hurt, right? Even you know you will be got rejected."

...

...!!!

I can see Ichika nods within Tsurihara's arm, showing her agreement.

"Imagine that happen to me through text message. I tried my best to make Ren-san mad at me so I can mad back at him too but he is just too kind. I can't help but love him more after all this day happened."

...

Oh shit.

I pinched my nose and closed my eyes after hearing all that Tsurihara just said.

Now, everything is making sense why she has done all of this. This girl is just stupid, but... Of course, it would be hurt for people who get rejected. After all, my childhood friend did reject me when I tried to apologize.

It is actually a miracle that Tsurihara didn't mad or hate me.

I am really stupid. I am absolutely stupid.

...

I stand from my seat, walked toward them, and in front of both Ichika and Tsurihara... I bowed myself down to them.

"I am very sorry that I did reject you in a very rude manner, Tsurihara. But I really can't have a relationship right now."

After that, I raise my head a bit and look at her and continue what I need to say.

"You are attractive and beautiful, but I have my own things that I need to solve before committing to a relationship. Once again, I am sorry!"

...

...

After I said that, it wasn't long before there were tears in Tsurihara's eyes. She tried to smile, but it was obvious she was hurting, and I am the one who made her hurt.

"...I see, it hurts much more than text message but at least you finally rejected me properly. *hick*"

Indeed, I am seriously stupid. Of course, anyone would get hurt after rejection. Especially when I can see that she is truly liking me.

"I am sorry... It is as you can see, I am very stupid."

I saw more tears coming from her eyes. But I don't know what to do.

My heart also ache saw this girl who has a personality that resembled my childhood friend tearing up in front of me. I might be not dense, but I am sure not understanding girls thought at all.

...

"I am sorry, I am absolutely the worst, Tsurihara."

I didn't realize that I was also shedding tears at this very moment.

Daiki after watching from the side for a while finally stand up, tap my shoulder, and said "Bro, that's enough. She didn't know what you have experienced. Stop pain yourself as a villain even further."

Even Ichika look at me and said "R-Ren-san... please stop."

...

After that, Daiki then give me a tissue box, and said: "Be a man and don't let girl cry in front of you."

Daiki seriously is my best friend. I got what he means and as a man, I will not let any girl cry in front of me.

...

I take a few sheets of tissue and first, wipe my own tears. Then, I put another one, stand close to Tsurihara, and then softly wipe all the tears in her pretty face.

She is surprised about what I did but she didn't complain or anything. 

Her smile looks like she finally understands that I reject her because I didn't like her anything. She might be stupid, but someone who comes to like dumbass like me? Why I would hate her?

...

After I have done wipe her tears, she look at me with concerned looks and said "Ren-san. I will be asking seriously. Can you explain to me what is your reason to reject me?"

"I-I can't."

Until I find that guy and the whereabouts of someone I once cherished.

"...Even though I know Ichika-chan and Masaru-san perhaps knowing that you didn't tell me, huh."

"I just can't, at least not yet. They are different because they have taken care of me for a long time."

"Really? Is it really super-secret that you can't share with me?"

I look away as I don't know how to answer that. It is not a secret... It is just painful to talk about it.

...

Thankfully, Daiki being my best bro defended me.

"Makino-chan, I think you shouldn't push that. Bro's past is something painful to him and I honestly also beg you to not ask him even further. At least until he is ready."

Ichika also stands in beside following his brother with a serious expression. Even Ichika...

...I am really glad to know both of the siblings in this city.

"Sigh..."

Tsurihara let out-breath and wipe her eyes from her own tears. Then, she looks stares at me seriously and said "Thanks for rejecting me properly, Ren-san. But..."

She stuck out her chest and yelled out toward me.

"I won't give up, Ren-san until you accept me! I will find out your problem and then we will go out!"

There are still tears coming out of her eyes while she says that out of loud, but it seems tears of happiness? I don't know.

...I didn't say anything to her instead I just shook my head.

She is a truly energetic type of girl.

>>>>>

After that proper rejection moment, Tsurihara finally leave my place, back to her own home. She said she want to sort out her feeling for the rest of the day, which is understandable. 

Today, a lot of things happen after all.

Ichika also already leave because her mother called her for help in the house. Only me and Daiki are currently in my place, playing Mintendo again, smack bros.

...

[*K.O*]

[*Lonk Win*]

...

"Haah! 3 wins in a row, you are playing so bad today, bro!"

"I am sorry Dai, a lot of stuff weighing my mind."

I put my controller down and drink some water. I am trying my best to forget, but Tsurihara crying face wouldn't come out of my mind.

"That's why I ask you to play! Forget all of those, just play!"

Dai picked up Lonk again at the selection screen. I guess, he really loves Lonk, since his favorite color is green anyway.

...

"Hey Dai.

"Mm?"

"What do you think I should do?"

Dai look at me for a few seconds and replied "If you ask me, you should sort your own problem first, then after that, you can think properly about whether to have a relationship or not. You are still doing that, right? Runa-senpai bar."

"Yeah, tonight. I just got the message."

...Yeah, I need to work tonight. 

Daiki looked at me with a serious expression and said "Just be careful bro."

"I will don't worry."

Yeah, He is aware that my job is kinda dangerous, but he also knows that it pays well and is aligned with my goal. 

...

I look at the character selection screen and pick Kurby. I haven't played as Kurby yet in this game, but I guess I will try.

...

And after another round, Dai won again. I guess I need to do something about this feeling.

...

"Dai."

"Whaaaat?"

"Can you punch me, Dai?"

...

Hearing my request, Dai drops the controller immediately and then he stands up.

"Stand and man up, bro."

...

I did what he told and I can feel that he is staring at me with.... rage? Did he really that disappointed with me today?

...The hell?

Daiki look at me with a serious expression and said "You see... I actually want to do that. That was my sister you are just rejecting in front of me. Even though you are my best friend."

...!!

That's true. Of course, he would be mad at me. Daiki loves his family more than anyone else, and of course, his sister is also included.

I didn't say anything but I nodded at what he just said. I begin to prepare myself for incoming pain.

"Man it up, okay?"

Daiki approached and quickly punched me right in the middle of my stomach.

...!!!

*Ugh*

I held my stomach because I felt excruciating pain from Daiki's fist, but Daiki didn't finish with me and said: "The first was for my sister, the second was for Makino-chan!"

...!!!

*Arrgh*

Once again, Daiki punched me in the same place. Two hits in a row left me in pain so bad that I fell down to my knees. This is hard to endure, but I did deserve this.

...

...

After a minute or so, Daiki stretched out his hand to me and said "Feeling better?"

I nodded as I reach his hand.  "Yeah. Thanks, Dai."

"Your welcome, now we play again and this time try to win."

...

Until the evening, We played the smack bros together. I just win only once though, Daiki really beating me down all the time. 

>>>>>

I have warned that drama exists in this story, so if anyone complained, suck it off. I know very well rejection is hurt even if it's done in a playful manner.

Spoiler

When you are in pain, you tried your best to cheer yourself off by doing something that makes you happy, and deep down you did want to harm the thing that caused you pain. That's a human own mental defense mechanism. This is somewhat what Tsurihara did all day, which is unconsciously trying to annoy Ren.

[collapse]

Anyway, since the poll in the last chapter ended in a draw, I don't know what should do.

15